GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script handing in notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

handing in notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handing in notice

My husband is handing in his notice soon at his 20 hour job , he has 13 days holiday still and his week in hand . Also his last two weeks worked which included 20 hours overtime to cover people on holiday , when he gets paid will he be taxed on the total amount ?

Re: handing in notice

[QUOTE=Spent2much;446048when he gets paid will he be taxed on the total amount ?[/QUOTE]

Hi.
    yes, he will get taxed on the gross for that payroll
    Cheers
    SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
      Hi.
      yes, he will get taxed on the gross for that payroll
      Cheers
      SA
      Okay thanks , well he gets paid fortnightly and paid on the 14th this month so handing notice in that day then week in hand will see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        My husband is handing in his notice soon
        Is he then taking a new job on PAYE?

Even though he may get taxed at source on the current job he may also be entitled to a refund of some of the tax which has already been deducted from April 6th because the tax year runs from April 2014 to April 2015. So depending on what he earns between now and next April he may get a refund of some of the tax he's previously paid not just this month's

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Is he then taking a new job on PAYE?

Even though he may get taxed at source on the current job he may also be entitled to a refund of some of the tax which has already been deducted from April 6th because the tax year runs from April 2014 to April 2015. So depending on what he earns between now and next April he may get a refund of some of the tax he's previously paid not just this month's
          thats a very good point PlanB! Its always worth writing to HMRC asking them to check your contributions. One year i had £197 back
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
            Its always worth writing to HMRC asking them to check your contributions. One year i had £197
            My daughter has just had five months out of work due to an accident. Prior to that she was on PAYE, and now she's back on PAYE, so she's hoping for a massive rebate in April 2015.

Comment

My husband has to leave this job because he injured his shoulder in February is still having physio and the doctor said it isn't getting better because of the nature of the job. We do like the extra cash but his health comes first and we now we don't have mortgage arrears and such we can manage fine as the business is picking up so he is pleased we kept it going . I have been working mornings on the business and have seen a rise in sales.
              We don't have a choice to be fair because of his injury but like i say with the UE going well we can manage okay . My son pays us lodge too so that helps

It will feel strange not having to get up at 6 am with hubby for work , instead we can wake up at 8am and even have Monday and Wednesday off together we haven't seen much of each other these past few years and are looking forward to spending some time together going for walks and getting involved in church again .

Comment

sorry to hear your daughter was involved in an accident. hope she makes a full recovery and that hmrc cough up

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                  My husband has to leave this job because he injured his shoulder in February is still having physio and the doctor said it isn't getting better because of the nature of the job.

. . . . We don't have a choice to be fair because of his injury .
                  Why don't you PM our employment expert Tastyjane about this before he hands in his notice. If he leaves voluntarily he may/may not lose out on some benefits etc. It could be more beneficial if his employer were to arrange some kind of mutually agreed voluntary redundancy on 'helpful' terms
                  Last edited by PlanB; 5 November 2014, 19:13. Reason: added "voluntary"

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    Why don't you PM our employment expert Tastyjane about this before he hands in his notice. If he leaves voluntarily he may/may not lose out on some benefits etc. It could be more beneficial if his employer were to arrange some kind of mutually agreed voluntary redundancy on 'helpful' terms

they woudln't help him they are not nice to work for but i will pm tasty jane see what she says thanks

Comment

Phoned tax credits today and the money goes up with just the business so that is good news, and hubby is putting his business books in to see if we are entitled to council tax benefit which according to our councils website we should get some help but its such a pain they need every receipt and invoice which of course we have its just a pain .

Comment

Great news, its nice to see a benefit system that was set up to support people actually working - it sounds like your husband will have more time to build his own business which has to be a good thing. xxx

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                          Great news, its nice to see a benefit system that was set up to support people actually working - it sounds like your husband will have more time to build his own business which has to be a good thing. xxx
                          I agree Jane, another good thing that happened yesterday is that the business weekly rent went down by £12 a week because a few traders have left which left stalls empty near us , we are more than happy with this lol x

Comment

Working...
                          X