GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I hate my job and need a rant!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate my job and need a rant!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my job and need a rant!!!

Think it's time for me to start looking elsewhere for another job.....

I had students from Hell today; half of them not the slightest bit interested in the vocational course that my new tw@t of a boss has put them on and most are a level below what the course is anyway..... which is nothing new because last year I had to drag pre-entry kids through a Level 2 BTEC (Pixie will know what I mean)....

AND.... if that's not enough to piss me off, my computer doesn't synchronise, doesn't pick up the work wi-fi and won't shut down properly, the boss wants a paperless school, so no-one can print; which is fecking ridiculous and I couldn't access the Shared area to do any marking either!!!

Frustrated, pissed off and stressed doesn't even come close!! When I do a job, I do it well or not at all..... and I've bloody had it!!

I have seen another job which interests me, is more money and still local.... so my application and CV will be flying off at the weekend.....

Need to do something.....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: I hate my job and need a rant!!!

That's the new way of teaching now. I bet your boss is about 12 and on the way up.

My sister is a primary school teacher and thinks her boss is ...well I won't say in case she is on here lol

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
      That's the new way of teaching now. I bet your boss is about 12 and on the way up.

My sister is a primary school teacher and thinks her boss is ...well I won't say in case she is on here lol
      It's conning employers, in my opinion... Kids are leaving school with all kinds of certificates that they shouldn't have because of knobs like my new boss..... and teachers are sinking under the strain of trying to educate kids way below the level of the course(s) they're on.

He's the same age as me, by the way..... but his No. 1 brown-noser is about 12, you're right.....
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I understand everything you're saying P1!

Slightly different for me because I teach in primary school...but my Head actually said in the staff meeting tonight that the system is *£"!*

Keeping my fingers crossed that your application is successful
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          Think it's time for me to start looking elsewhere for another job.....

I had students from Hell today; half of them not the slightest bit interested in the vocational course that my new tw@t of a boss has put them on and most are a level below what the course is anyway..... which is nothing new because last year I had to drag pre-entry kids through a Level 2 BTEC (Pixie will know what I mean)....

AND.... if that's not enough to piss me off, my computer doesn't synchronise, doesn't pick up the work wi-fi and won't shut down properly, the boss wants a paperless school, so no-one can print; which is fecking ridiculous and I couldn't access the Shared area to do any marking either!!!

Frustrated, pissed off and stressed doesn't even come close!! When I do a job, I do it well or not at all..... and I've bloody had it!!

I have seen another job which interests me, is more money and still local.... so my application and CV will be flying off at the weekend.....

Need to do something.....
          Apart from the teaching kids things,
          I understand

We have a new manager at work or as we call them an interence officer
          I've been looking for a new job for a while
          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Saw a friend of mine the other day, got made redundant, he was an i.t technician for a teacher at college. They had a new head of year step in, and said that teachers can do his job so hes not needed, wasnt impressed.

What course do you teach if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Saw a friend of mine the other day, got made redundant, he was an i.t technician for a teacher at college. They had a new head of year step in, and said that teachers can do his job so hes not needed, wasnt impressed.

What course do you teach if you dont mind me asking?
              I teach Employability and BTEC courses to kids with socio-emotional problems..... but for all the stress that the kids bring in with them, it's never been them that's made me want to leave. I have some fantastic relationships with some of them.

The world is full of overpaid idiots with no experience of life and that's the main issue where I work but I'm well-qualified (not in teaching though), so have no worries on that score. I only went into teaching by accident anyway.... and am ready to ditch the stress of it all now.

Good luck with your job search Numpty..... and I hope things work out for in primary teaching Pixie

Remember the mantra:

Comment

I nearly ripped my knob of a boss's head off today.....

Six kids who no-one knows what to do with and no-one has yet managed to educate were put into my class today with less than 24 hours notice.

Having no printer, I couldn't print worksheets and as they aren't normally with me, they had no computer file set up for them either; not that there's much point, 'coz they do no work anyway.

He happened to walk in when they were wandering round the room and/or sitting on desks and he said to me "They can't just sit here and do nothing"

Well.... feckin' get them a proper provision then, you muppet! No, I didn't quite phrase it like that but you get the drift....

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Telling the boss to go boil his head is not usually a good tactical move

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                    Telling the boss to go boil his head is not usually a good tactical move
                    Perhaps not.... but staff on long term sick leave isn't something he wants either.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Not so great for the staff either!

Comment

Working...
                      X