ESA wrag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA wrag

Hi . I read somewhere that they were changing the criteria for the wrag on esa. I was told that if someone refused to do work they would be sanctioned. Anyone know if its true

Re: ESA wrag

Indeed it is Jon and it gets worse because where the sanction is currrently £28.15 a week the Govt want to raise it too £71 a week yup nearly all of ESA.

Look here:

Disabled Benefits Claimants Face £71 A Week Fines For Breaching Work Plan

As a Committee member of the Social Welfare Union we have already responded to this in our letter here:

Our Response To Alleged Government Plans To Sanction Disabled Benefit Claimants
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 6 September 2012, 20:58.

Comment

Thanks pompey
      It is shocking, mind you they have yet to sort my file out and i havent been paid ontime in 6 weeks . God alone knows what will happen.

It's crazy, my Doc can sign me off as unfit for work yet the DWP can force me to do full time unpaid work. So if i ended up a gibbering wreck and say stabbed someone , that would be my fault not theirs I take it

Comment

Jon,

You, me and many many others are very much firmly stuck between a rock and a hard place with no escape in sight.

All I can do is join forces with the many other welfare campaign groups via the Social Welfare Union and fight hard as I see no other way because hiding under the bed is not my style.

This is our SWU Scoop It online newsletter you would do well to bookmark it to keep up to date with all the latest news on welfare issues.

Social Welfare News | Scoop.it

This is our website where you can keep up to date with all the actions we are taking going forward.

Social Welfare Union

And finally our facebook page is here if you have a facebook account.

Update Your Browser | Facebook

Regards

Comment

Up until recently I thought that yes as a country we were in the shit and laid much of the blame on the last government and the banks, even though I am very far from a tory. Now it seems that the Tory government have reverted to type and are clawing back the money from the least able to afford it.
          I know the benefits system doesn't work but they seem to be "fixing" it with a blunt instrument.
          This week i also had a letter from the council saying they are reviewing the way CTB is being applied, so I am guessing that more vulnerable people will suddenly have to start paying something towards it.

This government and society in general stinks, I think I may join the anti capitalist movement go and break a few windows of Maccy D's and banks then get looked after in prison

Comment

Remind me never to cross such people, I will have to be very careful about what documents I post in case one of them were able to see my address

Comment

Working...
            X