GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax Credit Renewal - IB JSA on P60 - part of Earnings As Employee step 2.2? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax Credit Renewal - IB JSA on P60 - part of Earnings As Employee step 2.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Credit Renewal - IB JSA on P60 - part of Earnings As Employee step 2.2?

Hi all.

As everyone else, I'm now getting myself confused over what should be a relatively simple form....the tax credits renewal form

Throughout the beginning of the last tax year, all the way up til about Sept or so, I was claiming Income Based JSA. Then I started work again contracting.

I received my P60, which was along the lines of

In Previous Employment : 3000
    In This Employment : 9000
    Total For The Year : 12000

Now, as I didn't have a 'previous employment' this tax year, and looking back at my P45 from the Job Centre, the £3000 is definately my IB-JSA.

So......to the form.

I know that my 2.1 Taxable Social Security benefits is zero...as I did not receive any CB-JSA, and it states IB-JSA is ignored for the purpose of that.

now step 2.2 is where I'm confused....2.2 Earnings As An Employee From All Jobs

I'm confused now as to whether I should put the 9000 down, or the full total of 12000...as I'm not sure whether IB-JSA counts towards this value?

In the guides it only mentions IB-JSA in reference to the 2.1 section and no mention on the 2.2?

I believe I should just put the 9000, as it wasn't an "employee from a job" but obviously don't want to mess it up

Hope yous can help clear it up.

Many thanks,

Re: Tax Credit Renewal - IB JSA on P60 - part of Earnings As Employee step 2.2?

Ok even though im an accountant, i dont deal with tax credits, to a lot of my clients disapointment.

But what little i do know, is JSA is not taxable, So theres something confusing me.

why they have added JSA on your P60 as a previous employment figure.

If it were me, id put 9000 not 12000.

Perhaps you could ring HMRC and ask? explain that the 3000 was IB-JSA and not income from employment, they will help.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't know about tax credits but JSA
      We are writing to tell you that Jobseeker's Allowance can count as taxable income
      from a letter I received from DWP this week.

The HMRC website HM Revenue Customs: Taxable and non-taxable income at a glance doesn't differentiate between income-based and contribution-based JSA though it does for ESA.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pixie your right sorry, after I posted I went away and had a think about it, of course its taxable, because it goes towards your income for any particular tax year.

Ive just never seen it on a P60 like that before.

If that's the case, stating 12k would be the answer.

Comment

thanks....I guess to be sure I best just renew via the phone and ask them there and then explaining what is on my P60.

I posted a similarly worded question on another forum, but they there said :

No, you do not include the IBJSA as part of your taxable pay from employment.

IBJSA is taxable but it is not income for tax credits
          But it could be they're perhaps confusing the steps of 2.1 for Social Security Benefits....so guess only way to get a certain answer is to give them a buzz when get chance

Comment

Working...
          X