GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax credits, is it correct? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax credits, is it correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credits, is it correct?

Hi folks, still half asleep, but received a final award letter after waiting for some time, and wonder if any of you lovely helpful folks could please just check over the figures for me?

Amount to be paid of Child Tax Credits & total £6794.06
    Minus payments already made by tax credits £4422.44
    Amount overpayment already collected £100.79

Amount of overpayment we intend to collect
    for the rest of this award £411.79

Amount due to me £1859.04

Overpayment £411.79
    of this will be collected fro the rest of your payments for this award period.

Child Tax credits still to be paid to me £1859.04

04/12/2012 £102.73
    Then every week until 19/03/2013 £100.76
    26/03/2013 £118.89
    02/04/2013 £126.02
    .................................................. ............................................

I am confused, because on the above, it already shows the amount reduced to bring it down to £1859.04, by them already reducing the £100.79 already collected and by minusing the overpayment of £411.79.

Am I missing something here folks?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Tax credits, is it correct?

Nope, you are correct Di,

Thos figures indicate you are paying the overpayment back twice as you will only get £1400 or so from those payments
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

......Originally there was an overpayment from a previous award of £512.58
      they already deducted £100.79 to bring it down to £411.79.

So with the calculation as shown above post and the award being for this year £6794.06, the payments they made to date so far is £4422.44, so that would have been left with £6794.06 - £4422.44 = £2371.62.

£2371.62 - £100.79 (of overpayment already collected) = 2270.83, then minus a further £411.79 remaining of the overpayment) = 1859.04 left to pay after overpayments deducted.

..........so as it shows the sum deducted, why are they collecting the same again afterwards??
      Confused.com

Comment

Thank you Oscar.

I think I had better get pen to paper then perhaps and see what they are doing??

Thank you. x

Comment

Payments from CTC since new year 2012 to 2013 (As shown on my bank statements)

10 April £132.16
          17th April £132.32
          24 April £132.32

= £394.80

01 May £131.32
          8th May £131.32
          15th May £131.32
          22 May £131.32
          29 May £131.32

= £656.60

3rd June £131.32
          12 June £131.32
          19 June £131.32
          26 June £131.32

= £525.28

03 July £131.32
          10th July £131.32
          17 July £131.32
          24 July £131.32
          31 July £131.32

= £656.60

2nd Aug £109.87
          6th Aug £104.37
          14th Aug £90.49
          16th Aug £99.22
          21st Aug £97.69
          28th Aug £97.69

= £599.33

4th Sept £97.69
          5th Sept £116.70
          11th Sept £114.62
          18th Sept £114.62
          25th Sept £114.62

= £558.25

2nd Oct £114.62
          9th Oct £114.62
          16th Oct £114.62
          23rd Oct £114.62
          30 Oct £114.62

= £573.10

6th Nov £114.62
          13 Nov £114.62
          20th Nov £114.62
          27th Nov £114.62

= £458.48

Bringing total paid of tax credits to last Tuesday 27 November 2012 to = £4422.44

.................................................. ...............................................
          so what they have paid to date is correct, but as the award is that of £6794.06, minus the above £4422.44 = 2371.62 left to pay.

Overpayment owed of £512.58 from earlier years, they already taken off £100.79, which leaves £411.79 to be collected.
          But the above calculation as on award shown on above post, this has already be done to bring the amount to be paid to me at £1859.04.

If they do this, as Oscar says, they will be collecting it twice.

Comment

See I read this totally different.....

They are saying that the overpayment will be deducted then the balance of £1859.04 will be paid as remainder...

So lets take 1 payment of £102.73 + 15 payments of £100.76 + 1 payment of £118.89 plus one final payment of £126.02 = £1859.04

Its right - to the penny
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i have also just calculated by using the amounts of tax credits to be paid until 2nd April 2013, and that will work out to be £1859.04, but the point here is, they have already deducted it as above!!!

Comment

lol hmmmmmm i didnt see it like that

Comment

remember overpayments are always deducted before any new calculation so in theory just forget the overpayment, ignore them mentioning it as it has already been taken (or at least it should have)...

Going on the above, that adds up though - just get a calendar and count the number of Tuesdays between the two dates - there are 18!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

1 x £102.73
                    15 x £100.76 (11th December to 19th March)
                    1 x £118.89
                    1 x £126.02

= 18 payments totalling £1859.04

Comment

Niddy is correct lol.

I just re did my calcs, not sure where I went wrong but you will get 1859 or what ever it is.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        Niddy is correct lol.
                        I know I am correct... I never worked there for like how many years to get it wrong - fool

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          lol hmmmmmm i didnt see it like that
                          blonde... woman....

say no more dear

Comment

Okay so the amount left if there was no overpayment would have been £2372.62 left to pay me until the end of the tax year.
                            They already deducted £100.79, and a further overpayment as started to take from the rest of this award will be £411.79.
                            totals to full overpayment of £512.58

That leaves them with £1859.04 to pay, which does work out to be correct when working it out to end of year of payments listed on award (to be made).

I think it confused me with the fact that it states that the amount will be deducted from the rest of this award period, with the fact they had done this if you get my drift lol, .

Think I'm starting to get my head around it now though, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              blonde... woman....

say no more dear

Ok I know

Comment

Working...
                              X