GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Continous Payment Authority - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continous Payment Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continous Payment Authority

hello

if i cancel my current debit card and get a new one would this stop the PDL companies taking the money from my account?

thanks

Re: Continous Payment Authority

No need to cancel your card. You an call the bank and ask them to cancel the Authority - and they are obliged to do so.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      No need to cancel your card. You an call the bank and ask them to cancel the Authority - and they are obliged to do so.
      yeah i have asked the bank to do this as well, i have a new card now anyway so if any of the companies try to take the money it wont work as they all have my old card details.

i feel better cancelling the card as well though just incase the bank still lets em take the money.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeC View Post
        yeah i have asked the bank to do this as well, i have a new card now anyway so if any of the companies try to take the money it wont work as they all have my old card details.

i feel better cancelling the card as well though just incase the bank still lets em take the money.
        If the bank allowed them to take the money anyway, you could demand an immediate refund, but yes, understand your reasons and logic.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Seems some banking staff do not know this (horsey one), and despite being told to cancel direct debits they will not and kindly attach future unwanted DDs to any new account created to remove the DDs. Worst DD offenders are charities who get your details for a one off and repeat at will.

Comment

Working...
          X