GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Direct Line, refunds on cancellation?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Line, refunds on cancellation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Line, refunds on cancellation??

I see now that Direct Line are contacting customers who cancelled mid term on insurance may be in line for a refund, not a vast amount but its the principal.

Now I am wondering if this also includes buying another car and continue to stay with them, as new details of the car and documents are also provided, so its cancelling out the older policy for a new policy for a change of car??

Link here about it:
    http://www.lovemoney.com/news/cars-c...-owed-a-refund

Re: Direct Line, refunds on cancellation??

I know if you pay annually and cancel they should refund. and I know admirial recently credited my new policy with the remaining time from my old policy and I only paid the difference.

change of car should also just incur paying extra or a refund if cheaper. Not sure if they charge cancellation
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SXGuy.
      We are still with Direct Line and have been since about 2005, we changed our car from a Subaru Impreza Turbo to a Ford Focus 2ltr turbo 3 years ago, had the Scooby/Subaru on the insurance with them since 2005, so it was just a matter of updating on the car changes, it may have been 4 years ago not 3 in March coming.

Monthly instalments. Not received any letter as yet.

Comment

LMAO, just clicked on the above what I posted via Subaru (highlighted)...........I would have to shrink myself big time to get in that and the insurance too lol!

Comment

Working...
        X