GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard buying Egg - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard buying Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard buying Egg

I have a Barclaycard CC, balance £8k and an Egg CC, balance £11k.

Given that Barclaycard have bought Egg's accounts is there likely to be anything untoward that Barclaycard might do with both these debts? Join them together or something like that?

Ta.

Re: Barclaycard buying Egg

It would be good for you if they did as they'd both have had their own terms and conditions, interest rates etc.... so if they join them together there'll be no doubt whatsoever about UE!

Comment

I don't think they are allowed to "join" them together. I have a mint cc with RBS and an RBS CC, one is UE and one isn't. They even send them to different DCAs. Anyway surely there should be some sort of rights for us the consumer? do you want another debt with Barclaycard? i certainly don't, on the other hand they ain't very good at doing these transfers, more scope for them to lose bits of paper....................

Comment

Thanks all!

I shall relax now.

Comment

You're right, they're not allowed to join them together, but it doesn't stop them trying, usually with two debts that are governed by totally different sets of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
            You're right, they're not allowed to join them together, but it doesn't stop them trying, usually with two debts that are governed by totally different sets of rules.
            I really can't believe that a banking organisation would try to do that sort of thing Caspar. They seem so nice on the adverts.

Comment

Working...
            X