GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CounterClaim CCJ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CounterClaim CCJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CounterClaim CCJ?

We have a CCJ - now attached to the house- this was in times (2007) when we did not know the process. Have since asked Capquest for a copy of the agreement, their was response that they did not have one,but it is too late anyway. Is it too late to have the CCJ set aside based on non defence and also counterclaim payments we have made.

Thanks

Re: CounterClaim CCJ?

Originally posted by MillsMotsMo View Post
    We have a CCJ - now attached to the house- this was in times (2007) when we did not know the process. Have since asked Capquest for a copy of the agreement, their was response that they did not have one,but it is too late anyway. Is it too late to have the CCJ set aside based on non defence and also counterclaim payments we have made.

Thanks
    Have you ever admitted the claim when they served the N1 (CCJ)? Thing is if you never received it, and never knew about it till after the event then you maybe have more options available than if you actually admitted the claim originally.....

I've sent a message to Paul - our resident litigator! He should come back to this later if you provide some more details please....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Message sent to Paul, our resident expert
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks
        It is likely to be very difficult to get the CCJ set aside as ( i think it was Regency Rolls vs Murat Carnell but dont quote me) the High Court ruled that 30 days was altogether too long in making an application

The Claimant would not need an agreement now, as there is a CCJ in place already, so that really doesnt help here either.

The only point i am unsure on is if service was defective. if the claim form was not served correctly then you may be able to argue to set aside, although as i said im not sure

Sorry that this isnt more helpful

Comment

Too worried, hoped it would all go away at that point, however, once judgement was made we put in the paperwork for our income and expediture as we were scared that they would repossess the house. Once I got my head straight and started reading the forums around 2009, i realised we were not alone, and then sent them a 12 day letter which they responded by saying they did not have a copy of the agreement, but it was too late as the CCJ was in place. We have at this point continued to make payments, but having just gone through a set aside,and then asked for a strike against a company who also don't have a credit agreement, we are happy that we understand the process,however, we need to know if we can go back and do the same to a CCJ already in place for quite a period of time.

Many Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your reponse, i think mine came in a little late, but understand what you have said.

Many Thanks

Comment

Click this linky: ---> Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside
              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 21 June 2011, 22:05. Reason: added text to link

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                It is likely to be very difficult to get the CCJ set aside as ( i think it was Regency Rolls vs Murat Carnell but dont quote me) the High Court ruled that 30 days was altogether too long in making an application

The Claimant would not need an agreement now, as there is a CCJ in place already, so that really doesnt help here either.

The only point i am unsure on is if service was defective. if the claim form was not served correctly then you may be able to argue to set aside, although as i said im not sure

Sorry that this isnt more helpful
                Of course, I agree with Paul!

However, there are some cases that should be set-aside:
                PART 13 - SETTING ASIDE OR VARYING DEFAULT JUDGMENT - Ministry of Justice

Not without an uphill battle, though! [Emphasis Added]
                Last edited by Angry Cat; 21 June 2011, 22:17. Reason: typo

Comment

Angry Cat,

Thank You, that is a useful link. I will more than likely give it a go.

Many Thanks

Comment

Angry Cat,

Thank You, that is a useful link. I will more than likely give it a go.

Many Thanks
                    Please, only follow this route, if you have valid reasons for defending the case!

Paul, will advise you better than, I.
                    About how difficult it is and the obstacles that you will have to overcome in convincing a Judge, as to why you have left it so late in making the application to have the CCJ set-aside.

Comment

Angry Cat

Yeah, i know,will spend sometime thinking about the best way to approach it. I was just confirming that there is an option for set aside should we wish to use it.

Thanks again

Comment

the biggest risk is costs if the application fails

you need to be aware that you will be liable under normal circumstances for the opponents costs if the application is unsuccessful.

Comment

Working...
                        X