GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card payments on non banking days - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card payments on non banking days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card payments on non banking days

I'm really getting a little bee in my bonnet on the fact that more and more credit card due dates seem to be coming on the weekend. This never used to happen it would always be on a banking day.

I wouldn't be a problem if it was the due date or next banking day, but the companies will now put a 1 against you if the money arrives on the next day.

How can this be right, how can the defend the fact that they want payment on a day that in the UK it isn't possible to do that?????

Re: Credit card payments on non banking days

They can't...but they'll try.

Plus, they can make a fortune in late payment charges.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

do you think though there are grounds for compliant???
      Last edited by mgfboy; 27 July 2012, 15:59.

Comment

Nope. The response you will get is along the lines of it being the last possible date for reciept. Its a maximum deadline, not a target to aim for.

Or words to that effect anyway.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          Nope. The response you will get is along the lines of it being the last possible date for receipt. Its a maximum deadline, not a target to aim for.

Or words to that effect anyway.
          I know what your saying but in effect they are cheating people ( the ones pay their balances off) of 1/2 days of interest fee period and the rest of us of 1/2 days of having the money in our banks.

Plus the fact if they use that argument it a lie because the last possible days of receipt would have to be a banking day because they cant receive the money or process it on a non banking day

Comment

Working...
          X