GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debit Cards - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debit Cards

Here's a question. Is anyone else noticing a slight delay in debit card transactions over the counter? It might just be me, paranoid or what, but I've noticed this odd delay as the sales staff print off receipts (way after debit card number put in). Has the technology changed recently? I'm not referring to the old fashioned delays experienced when the banks used to check before processing, this is more of a delay at the final stage when the shop staff seem to wait or look for an approval after the pin is entered and after the "sale" or "transaction complete" message comes up. There's a delay at that point as they wait for the receipt. I might add there's money in my account so it looks as if perhaps some bank customers may have black marks even if in credit? Just curious to know if anyone else experiences similar....?

Re: Debit Cards

It's because more and more people use debit cards and they go through real-time authorisation so chances are whenever you're at a till it's a busy peak period for online transactions at that banks authorisation centre.

Put simply, tesco at 1am is instant
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Debit Cards

As it's also done through phone lines, even the wireless ones connect through a main terminal connected to a phone line it can be really slow at busy times especially if the banks are busy as well. Thats one of the main reasons a lot of payments are declined - not due to lack of funds just connections timing out.
      Last edited by Loopyloo; 7 January 2014, 17:12. Reason: Can't spell!!

Comment

Working...
      X