GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Back with the living. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back with the living.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back with the living.

three large widescreen tv units staring me in the face, four nurses and a surgeon hovering over my body prepping me for surgery. the green gowns and white face masks became a welcoming thing as i drifted in and out of a fantasy world of monsters and sprites. the warm touch of the nurses grasp on my clenched fist was comforting.

after being sedated, and somewhat with the fairys, i noticed the screens bursting into life and two sharp but not painful scratches in my wrist, just below my thumb. in the background bach was playing with the, beep beep beep of the heart monitor and other machines, all seemed to be in time with each other.

the monitors looked broken like a iphone had been dropped and the glass screen had popped. the sharp pain in wrist became a warm feeling as my head told me my heart was still kicking away in my chest. and a very warm feeling like i had sipped a couple drams of scotlands finest whiskey filled my chest. liquid vallium has a funny affect on the mind and makes time speed up. but the dye injected direct into my heart felt like i had drank scotlands finest. those broken screens i saw were not, it was dye flowing through my heart to find the blockage that had nearly killed me at christmas

i had faced my fears, something i thought i could never do. and also been fixed up and given a few more years of life. it is funny i am sitting here now telling this story but to me it has been a nightmare. at the age of fourty and a young fit male i had suffered a massive heart attack and had heart surgery.

i now have a medicated Stent fitted and have had to make some very major life changes, but sitting here i have to thank the NHS for what they have done. the doctors gave a 6 months to yar year max. now that has been extended to a good 10 years plus thanks to a wonderful heart surgeon and his team of nurses. i intend to make it well beyond 10 years but without them and the nhs i would be up the creek without a boat or paddle.

i am getting better slowly, i still have chest pains but this is from the surgery and my body trying to reject the stent they fitted inside my chest. i was the youngest person on the ward for those two days and now i feel like i am fourty years old and not an 80yr old man. maybe i can get back to astronomy and my love for photography.
    I have been told no more extreme sports and to take things nice and easy. it is possible i could get another blockage, but i am ready for it and stronger than ever now.

people ask me what did you get for christmas and my reply is " the gift of life again", i tend to get a funny look until they hear what i had gone through and the odds i had to face at a young age.

so i am back amongst the living and intend to keep it that way slowly but. surely
    Last edited by Treepiary; 31 January 2012, 10:10.

Re: Back with the living.

Hi Treepiary, blimey matey......what a few months!!

Wishing you all this best.

If...x

PS moved your thread to here, hope you don't mind xx
    Last edited by IF; 31 January 2012, 16:05.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Treepiary,

Glad it all went ok, I too had my angioplasty and a stent fitted at 45 yrs old so know exactly how it went for you and I must say my experience was spot on with yours.

Keep taking those cholesterol beaters and plavix and you will be fine.

Regards

Comment

thanks you everyone

ramphil , clop, asprin, biso, etc etc and that good old skull smasher GTN spray known for causing super headaches lol.

just been to collect my repeat script for my pills and spray. the chemist took me in the back room and started asking me weird questions. like what does this drug do , what does that drug do really stupid questions.

i answered each question with the info the surgeon gave me. found it very weird that a chemist would be asking all these questions. do you guys think it is slightly weird ?

Comment

I think I was one of the last to pick up on your thread before your operation. It's great to see you back here again sounding so positive.

I spoke before of your talent, and trusting the doctors talent. They've done their bit, so I now look forward to some of those stunning photos again - rings round Saturn I believe we were promised - looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Treepiary View Post
            thanks you everyone

ramphil , clop, asprin, biso, etc etc and that good old skull smasher GTN spray known for causing super headaches lol.

just been to collect my repeat script for my pills and spray. the chemist took me in the back room and started asking me weird questions. like what does this drug do , what does that drug do really stupid questions.

i answered each question with the info the surgeon gave me. found it very weird that a chemist would be asking all these questions. do you guys think it is slightly weird ?
            Yes I take all of those, sounds like you have hypertension too with the taking of ramipril.

I invested £20 in a blood pressure monitor from Asda best £20 I have spent as I was able to regularly test and thus find out what situations send my BP up.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              I was able to regularly test and thus find out what situations send my BP up.
              Did AAD come Number 1 or 2 as a trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                Did AAD come Number 1 or 2 as a trigger?
                No.

I did.

Comment

Perhaps the pharmacist 'qualified' in Bangalore?

Comment

aye have a BP monitor.

just one more thing to nail on the head. i started smoking at a young age and have been chuffing like a train for around 25 years. patches did not work, i cannot chew gum, and the inhalers are like sucking on a party ballon.

so while browsing the stop smoking forums and info, i found a few people who had given up just about using electronic ciggys. about 3 days later i found my local range store sold some, so a trip later i am now quitting smoking with the help from an electronic ciggy. the good thing is i can cut down the amount of nic'otene and not be inhaling 4,000+ other chemicals.

yes boo saturns rings. just had a gander outside for some fresh air , and spotted a bright mars in the sky towards south east.

no he is china maybe japan area i would say. also found out today my local doc surgery is closing down and relocating around 5-6 miles away. dont know how i will get there, and a closer doctors cannot take anymore people in.

big public meeting in a weeks time, i am going to stand up and ask the primary care trust how they expect someone with CHD / CAD to walk the 5 miles for an appointment/prescription.

Comment

Just seen this Treepiary - good to see you're on the mend x
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

my local doc surgery is closing down and relocating around 5-6 miles away. dont know how i will get there,
                        Jog?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Jog?
                          Now now Cloggy be nice!! Poor Treepiary has been poorly xx

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
                            Now now Cloggy be nice!! Poor Treepiary has been poorly xx
                            Cycle, then?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Cycle, then?

Comment

Working...
                              X