GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RIP Nelson Mandela - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Nelson Mandela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Nelson Mandela

If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Re: RIP Nelson Mandela

Just seen it on the news
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

He achieved an incredible amount and it is amazing that he lived to such an old age after all the abuse his body received in prison.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Comment

RIP Nelson
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What can I say except boy did that man make a difference to apartheid. Respect.

Comment

His dignity, courage, and sense of forgiveness are something I have always admired. He is one of my Icons. RIP Madiba.

Comment

Ahhh so people crying about this man must forget he was a terrorist at one point in his life. All those innocent people killed... White and black

Sorry this to me is no different to any other influential terrorist passing, such as Bin Laden et al

Just for for light reading -> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...crites-2899975
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Indeed Niddy however if only everything was so black and white he fought equality and freedom where as we was fighting power and world dominance and given the choice I know what I would choose.

And WTF is Cameron upto going there, this is the man who wore the hang Mandela t shirt

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Ahhh so people crying about this man must forget he was a terrorist at one point in his life. All those innocent people killed... White and black .Sorry this to me is no different to any other influential terrorist passing, such as Bin Laden et al

Just for for light reading -> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...crites-2899975
                    Actually untypically for me I agree with that story in the Daily Mirror But the paper is quite properly criticising the Tory party's overview of the historical political situation and not Mandela's indisputable achievements. The numerous comments which followed the article made the point that after 27 years in prison Mandela chose peaceful negotiation over terrorism (although I'm not convinced that the ANC were terrorists . . . )

Comment

PlanB if you wanted convincing the ANC were terrorists then you should have let me take you on a guided tour when I lived in SA, Saturday's were particular fun wondering if you had picked the right cafe to have lunch with your family, if you got lucky you didn't choose the one the ANC had decided to leave a nail bomb in a shopping bag under a table that week end ....ever seen children mutilated with limbs torn off......or see the result of defying the "no go to work days" the ANC ordered the Black South Africans to do if they worked for a white owned company....they would wait at bus and train depots for them coming home, and then hack their ears off....has they said....you don't listen to us, so you don't need them !

If they still ignored their orders then they would face the ultimate punishment which was to have a old car tyre hung around their neck filled with petrol and set alight..... Driving to work in a morning it was a regular sight to see the result of these barbaric actions as the charred bodies still lay in the road where it had taken place....

Apartheid was morally and politicly very wrong, but it could have been sorted without violence, Mandela was the figure head for the ANC they used his political and much publicised imprisonment to try and justify their brutality which they inflicted on Black and white alike, even from his prison cell he could have stopped many things the ANC did, but he chose to let them follow a path of violence.....

Apart from Black South Africans can now share the same train carriage with a white person, nothing much more has changed, it is still very much a divided country, many people want to get out but financially they are trapped.

I cringe when I see all the tributes folk are pouring on to Mandela, he may have mellowed in later years, and saw violence wasn't the way forward,but there are many who will always remember he was a terrorist plain and simple....

Here in the UK we have Sinn Fein sitting in our government offices as MP's.....prominent former IRA terrorists......now they are MP's does it suddenly make them respectable pillars of society ? .....
                      Last edited by alland; 8 December 2013, 12:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X