GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script pompeyfaith's sons music - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pompeyfaith's sons music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pompeyfaith's sons music

Greetings All,

I have started this thread for the benefit of my 16 yr old son, he is an avid Electric Guitar Player having started with a Squier Strat after a lot of buying and selling he now has three Guitars one of which is an Ibanez Prestige S1220TKS worth £1000.

He starts college in September studying Popular Music Performance BTEC Level 3 and Music Tech A-level.

This thread is so I can upload his work so that you can follow his progress and also to give him more confidence.

Hopefully once he is in college he will be able to form a band with other students.

His aim as well as doing that is to be able to make a living from music by teaching guitar, doing session work and recording and releasing his own music.

All I ask members is too follow his progress here as I will be keeping this up to date on a weekly basis and please feel free to comment good or bad as that will give him encouragement.

Twistedrock's Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/twistedrock?ob=5

Regards
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 31 August 2011, 20:01.

Re: pompeyfaith's sons music

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is where he will be studying this college has a dedicated music school.

http://www.southdowns.ac.uk/facilities/music.aspx

Comment

Comment

Right,

Things are moving along smoothly, Son starts college soon and now has a private tutor in southampton.

Here:

http://www.guitarlessonsinsouthampton.co.uk/home.cfm

The college will fund his lessons with this tutor as well as of course his tuition at college which by the way is a dedicated music college.

My son is still busy having fun and very much enjoys his guitar playing, below is his latest piece of work all his own it is not finished yet so will update it when it is.

He has the bass to add and mixing to be done, however it does show how keen he is.

http://soundcloud.com/joecarter/song-2#

Oh just to add he has now formed a band called "Red Stone Hill" with students also going to this college and will have the use of all the college facilities after college time.

Regards
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 31 August 2011, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Squier Strat
                Does he take Imodium for that?

Comment

Good stuff,

I liked the Floydy one. The others aren't my cuppa in music, but still well played.

How old is the Squier? - some of the older models are worth good money now!

I use a '97 very rare model Jap Strat. Fender USA actually stopped their Jap factory from importing into Europe, as many felt that the Jap strat was actually better than the USA ones. I was lucky enough to buy mine new in '97 before they stopped them coming in.

I also use a Les Paul custom and a Stagg electro acoustic (a bit like an Ovation)

I must make some more vids, not done any for a couple of years..

Good luck to your son...
                  -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

My sons Squier is fairly new 5 yrs old but it is one he will not get rid off, yes I have seen some old beat up ones at Nevada music selling for in excess of £1000

Comment

Thanks chippy, being as you are not far from woking do you do to monkey fest ?

Comment

No,

Never heard of it actually. Can you enlighten me?

Woking is about 1/2 hour away..

Comment

The site is down at the moment as they are preparing for monkeyfest 2012, however by typing monkeyfest 2011 into your search it will bring up video's etc.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/others2011/2011/

Comment

its at bisley pavillion and was very good son enjoyed it

Comment

Ta,

Will have a gander..

Comment

Working...
                              X