Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm

Just received a letter from a debt tracing company, looking for the previous resident ... entitled "Utility Investigation". They are after my information, the date I moved in, their forwarding address and the letting agent and their address.

I'm very tempted to just ignore it!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Re: Hmmm

Hiya..

I would ignore it, why do them a favour by giving them someone elses details..sod em!!! lol ...or just return to sender!
    Barclay Card Flexi Rate - £721
    Barclaycard - Gold Mastercard - £5436
    Barclaycard - Cashback Card - £2605
    Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
      Just received a letter from a debt tracing company, looking for the previous resident ... entitled "Utility Investigation". They are after my information, the date I moved in, their forwarding address and the letting agent and their address.

I'm very tempted to just ignore it!
      Do so! Imagine how you'd feel if your creditors sent those out and the new resident told them

I'd just ignore it.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That's exactly why I'm tempted to ignore it!

I'm keeping the wolves from my door, and wouldn't want to send them to someone elses!

Comment

I would deffo ignore.... (I am def not leaving a forwarding address with the people who buy my house)

Hope things are good with you

Comment

Hi LooLoo

When I moved, I used RoyalMail postal redirect. Be careful when setting it up, as they try to be too helpful and will tick boxes which "advise various companies of your new address, including utilities etc". I said NOOOO!

You can also select to keep your forwarding address private. Therefore the letter which goes to your old address' new owners says "LooLoo has forwarded her mail, to a private address".

I also left a letter with my buyers saying "If you receive any mail for me, just drop it back in the post box, as there is a forward in place".

... Tracing letter ignored

Comment

Thanks for that - will remember that when i do the forwarding.

is the dog settled with you now or did your parents refuse to hand him back?

Comment

Dog? what dog?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                  Thanks for that - will remember that when i do the forwarding.

is the dog settled with you now or did your parents refuse to hand him back?
                  Oh no, he's all settled back here. Although my parent's have made a disclaimer that he has to spend his "holidays" with them on a regular frequency!

He's back at the vets tomorrow. Four weeks ago he was there with a sprained ankle!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Dog? what dog?

hahahaha

Glad you got him back but sorry about his sprained ankle

and good that he has his holiday home worked out

x

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                      hahahaha

Glad you got him back but sorry about his sprained ankle

and good that he has his holiday home worked out

x
                      Jesus, our last kennel visit when we were in Cuba cost £250 - its a rip off (£11.70 per night PLUS VAT)....

Comment

I am sooooo lucky that our neighbours come and stay when we are away also i really really couldn't face putting my little mutt in kennels...............

Comment

Im the same Loo, my friend moves into my house to look after my cats when i go away. They are recuse cats and dont go out and really nervous so could never put them in a cattery. Bottle of wine and money for a take away keeps my friend happy!
                          Barclay Card Flexi Rate - £721
                          Barclaycard - Gold Mastercard - £5436
                          Barclaycard - Cashback Card - £2605
                          Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Working...
                          X