GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

LOL what doctors doyou guys go to? Tetnus has never been given in me arse!

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
      Then your GP is doing it wrong cos you take a tetanus shot in the ass cheek
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
        Always in the Ass cheeks. (Ouch). One old Nursing sister at one of the A and E's I visited must have played Darts at her local.

In it went with a thud as she shouted ^one hundred and eighty^.

I found it difficult to sit on my right cheek for weeks afterwards.

Now I forget the number of Tetanus shots (think it may be 3 plus) in your life and you don't need any more.

For that I am thankful as I used to have a season ticket to the accident room

Regards to all, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          My daughter became so paranoid after smoking too much weed during her A Level phase that she slit her wrists. I would be very worried if kids got the wrong end of the stick that using weed is justifiable due to its possible medical benefits They will believe anything they read on the internet.
          Yes this is true, however its the THC in weed that gives you the high and the paranoia, not the benificial side to help with illnesses.

And its also true, weed can effect people different, same with drinking, not everyone is alchys.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Extraction and reduction are quite simple processes.

When one considers the size of (link) the THC molecule, one might be astonished that it is ever absorbed at all - but the same must surely be said for nicotine (link) which, although smaller than THC, is much larger than oxygen or carbon dioxide.

If that was truly the reason why this therapy has no 'highs', then one would surely expect the other, lighter cannabis alkaloids or terpenoids to have been 'burnt off' too.
            When i said it was a complicated process, what i ment was, it was beyond myself to explain it, it envolves hours of boiling using alchahol which is also quite dangerous.

I have no idea what other lighter highs are burnt off during the process, i am merely relaying what i heard myself.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              When i said it was a complicated process, what i ment was, it was beyond myself to explain it, it envolves hours of boiling using alchahol which is also quite dangerous.
              That isn't dangerous unless one is an idiot, as all one would need to do would be to ensure there were no naked flames nearby. That is easily achieved by using an electrical heating ring or an electrically-heated water bath, oil bath or heating jacket if a round-bottomed extraction flask is preferred. If the extraction were to be done under reflux then a conical flask would doubtless be preferable as it has a larger flat base for contact with the heat source.

Whilst I might have expected some of the solvent to be boiled away, I would also expect the separation of the solution of cannabis extracts to be by steam distillation, possibly under reduced pressure.

It surely goes without needing to be said that both the extraction and separation stages should be done under a fume hood or in a fume cupboard, as one might otherwise inhale ethanol vapour and become intoxicated (sozzled) thereby.

I have no idea what other lighter highs are burnt off during the process, i am merely relaying what i heard myself.
              No, the lighter cannabinols have analgesic (pain-relieving) effects. If the rather heavier THC is boiled off, then I would expect the lighter compounds to have been lost previously and hence whatever remained should have had little or no analgesic effect. It may, however, be a very effective placebo.

Comment

It may, however, be a very effective placebo.
                Of particular use in plumbum oscillans...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                  Of particular use in plumbum oscillans...
                  Rather than phenolphthalein or cascara extract?

Comment

Had to look up 'Plumbum Oscillens' - found the following which made me smile:

http://www.rense.com/general40/slang.htm

Phenolphthalein - we used to nick this from the Chemistry Lab at school as it's a powerful laxative. Pop it in someone's drink when they're not looking, stick with them for a while and wait for the inevitable. Oh how we used to laugh!

Comment

Comment

I found the same link .

I thought I knew most of the "Terms" but there are a few here I haven't come across before.

I remember once when my Brother in Law called me in a panic because the doctor had put URTI on his sick note. As he is a bit of a hypochondriac he thought he had something serious. I enjoyed telling him it was an upper respiratory track infection, or in his case a sore throat.

As for the phenolphthalein when I was a Lab Tec (100 years ago) our head chemist had a bowel problem and used to take phenolphthalein to help him go.

We used to mark the level on the bottle so we had advance warning of which toilet block to use as no one wanted to be in the loo at the same time as him. The results as they say were spectacular

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

David 'the son of' Icke seems never quite to have returned from having gone right round the twist on the Wogan show, in which the former goalkeeper may have exhibited the health implications of having headed one football too many. You may recall that he declared himself to be the Son of God, or "a son of the Godhead" and that a mark of his divinity was that he was wearing a turquoise shellsuit.
                          To be fair to David Icke, that Wogan interview was more than twenty years ago ...

Here's a much more recent interview with him from a couple of months ago which I found very illuminating (part 1 of 4 anyhow -- haven't yet listened to the rest, but will do!): Link: David Icke Speaking On Mainstream Croatian Television

Comment

That isn't dangerous unless one is an idiot, as all one would need to do would be to ensure there were no naked flames nearby. That is easily achieved by using an electrical heating ring or an electrically-heated water bath, oil bath or heating jacket if a round-bottomed extraction flask is preferred. If the extraction were to be done under reflux then a conical flask would doubtless be preferable as it has a larger flat base for contact with the heat source.

Whilst I might have expected some of the solvent to be boiled away, I would also expect the separation of the solution of cannabis extracts to be by steam distillation, possibly under reduced pressure.

It surely goes without needing to be said that both the extraction and separation stages should be done under a fume hood or in a fume cupboard, as one might otherwise inhale ethanol vapour and become intoxicated (sozzled) thereby.

No, the lighter cannabinols have analgesic (pain-relieving) effects. If the rather heavier THC is boiled off, then I would expect the lighter compounds to have been lost previously and hence whatever remained should have had little or no analgesic effect. It may, however, be a very effective placebo.
                            You make an excellent counter argument, and i take my hat off to you. Im somewhat starting to agree with you, very valid points id not thought of previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
                              To be fair to David Icke, that Wogan interview was more than twenty years ago ...

Here's a much more recent interview with him from a couple of months ago which I found very illuminating (part 1 of 4 anyhow -- haven't yet listened to the rest, but will do!): Link: David Icke Speaking On Mainstream Croatian Television
                              Personally, i think icke was set up to fail the moment he stepped on to that show, you have to admit wogan wasnt helping much either.

I think if you watch newer interviews, icke will say he was at the brink of an epiphany around the time of the wogan show and the things he was going through at the time, were not making sense.

I would erge any one to watch his latest talk at the brixton academy, and i challenge any one of us here, to disagree with anything he says about this world.

Forget about the reptilian aspect of his earlier talks, because in my opinion, that is more a theosophical argument.
                              Last edited by SXGuy; 6 February 2012, 19:47.

Comment

Good evening all.

I thought it was time to tell you a story that has been on my mind since I mentioned my old hobby of Pot Holing a few day’s ago.

Now you also know my attitude to folk, the union if different kinds and all that. But have you ever come across someone who by words or actions just winds everyone up all the time.

Now one of my old mate Maggots protégés , a young chap we called Timmy was such a bloke.

I will give you an example. One night in the Climbers Bar at Nevis Sport in Fort William another friend, The Giant Tristram and myself were getting on famously with a couple of girls from Australia. In fact we had just invited them to climb Nevis with us the following day.

Timmy wandered up and began to pull up the jeans leg of one of the girls. When she asked him “Hey mate what do you think your doing” he replied he was looking for “Shackle Marks” as all antipodeans were the offspring of Convicts and should be referred to as “Shackle Foot”.

Needless to say Timmy got a slap and Tristram and myself went climbing on our own.

On another occasion at a dance in the NAFFI at RAF Marham, Timmy got seriously slapped by a WRAF of rather rubensesque proportions. After they had finished dancing he paid her what he believed was a rather smooth compliment by telling her “You don’t sweat much for a big girl!”

So I hope by now you get an idea of what Timmy is like.

So to the Pot Holing part of the story. One weekend we all met up in Derbyshire (That being Maggot, The Revd Boone, Tristram, Timmy and several others including yours truly).

The plan was for me to guide the group around a cave known as P8 or the Jackpot Cavern.
                                The entrance to the cave is in the bed of a stream, when you get through the entrance the next ¼ mile is like being on the best water slide in the world as the water is normally knee deep and fast flowing. The walls of the cave are smooth crinoid marble polished by millennia of water action The stream takes you over several waterfalls the biggest being about 6-8 feet high called Idiots leap. So called because the first person to explore the cave didn’t rig a rope at this point and so struggled in getting back up.

After ¼ of a mile you reach the top of the first pitch, this is a 30 foot ladder descent or an abseil through the full force of the waterfall into the large circular chamber below. The cave goes on for about another ¼ mile before you need diving equipment to get beyond the final sump.

Now if that gets your adrenalin going the return is even more frightening as you have to climb a thin rope ladder (actually it is steel rope and aluminium ) with the full force of the water coming over your head . If you keep your head bowed forward it creates an air space so you can breath.

Now P8 is a busy cave, I have known as many as 50+ cavers in there on a Saturday. Often there is a log jam when it comes to going back up and I have known experienced cavers go down with hypothermia because of the wait to get to the ladder. So when Maggot noticed a couple in the queue at the back of us he invited them to join our party. The chap gratefully accepted telling us that it was his girlfriends first caving experience. We duly rigged her to a safety line and had her standing on the ledge at the top of the pitch (climb) before she even had time to get wet.

Back at the car park where we had left our vehicles, maggot invited the couple to join us for a beer at the pub where we were staying in the area.

Now when we were in that part of Derbyshire we used to stay at a Pub called the Moon in the village of Stoney Middleton. The Landlord used to let us camp in the beer garden during the summer and in the Autumn and Winter we used to B&B in the pub.

The Landlord used to put up with our antics because we never offended anyone no matter how outrageous our behaviour that and the fact in one night we would double his weeks takings.

That evening the main body of our party assembled in the bar, showered and scrubbed after the days exertions. A little later the couple turned up and joined us for a beer. The chap was telling his girlfriend that this was après cave was like with proper cavers (couldn’t have been further from the truth as there was nothing proper about us), when Timmy came into the bar.

Now dress code never meant much to Tim as this evening he was wearing an old Cricket Jumper over a ragged T shirt. Red Satin Shorts of the type favoured by runners back in the 1970’s , off white socks and brown brogues.

I could see the look of amazement (or was it horror) on the faces of the other drinkers and the young girl.

She obviously didn’t want to be seen in the company of Timmy and slid herself further into the corner where we were sitting. As Tim got to the table he heard the young chap telling Maggot that they were students at Leeds University , he was studying Geology while his girlfriend was doing Botany.

Tim thought that he would show the girl that he also had some botanical knowledge and thought he would impress her with what little he knew.

Now let me try and draw you a picture. Tim was dressed like a reject for the 118118 advert. He is about 5ft 9” tall and in those days looked like a young Burt Reynolds complete with a large black moustache

With his back to the rest of us he took up what he thought was a manly pose over the table in front of the girl. Foot up on a stool, arms folded and resting on his raised knee.

So you’re a Botanist he said, sounding like David Bellamy.

Isn’t Botany all about Stigma’s, Stamens, Spermatozoa and Gamete’s.
                                The Girl fast as lightening slipped across the two empty seats back to the side of her boyfriend. “Drink up she said we are going”, “No” said the chap “I’m having a conservation”. “In that case, I will wait in the car” she said, “and if your not out in 2 minutes that’s it, we are finished”.

The chap apologised for his partners unexplainable behaviour, then followed her out.
                                The rest of us were rather bemused by it all and were wondering what in Tim’s one sentence introduction could have upset her so?

Then Timmy turned round to face us, taking up his manly stance once more, arms folded and one foot up on the stool, just like the pictures you see of footballers of old.

Timmy said “that was rather rude of her” he said “she won’t get far if she won’t talk about her profession”

Instantly we could see (and so could most of the rest of the pub) what had caused the maidens state of panic.

His short red satin shorts were obviously not designed for going commando.

Now how can I put this politely , as he had been giving the young girl the benefit of his Botanical knowledge, the one eyed trouser snake had popped it’s head out of the leg of his shorts to say hello.

Totally oblivious ( and by now you can see Tim was most of the time) to what was happening, the Reverend Boone who was used to such things because he used to minister to fallen women on Ipswich docks (especially round pay day) took him to one side, and after explaining the errors of his dress code, threatened him with excommunication and last rights in what ever order he preferred.

If anyone is interested I will tell you about what happened to Tim and his shorts in the next instalment.

Regards, Handy
                                Last edited by Handyman; 6 February 2012, 22:02. Reason: Thanks to Clever for pointing out Hyper/ Hypo

Comment

Working...
                                X