GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Hi Handy, glad your sounding a bit brighter and sending hugs as always
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi If and Plan B. Yes I'm not doing too bad. I think I had the January Blues (trust me to be a month late) The boredom I was feeling earlier this week is passing.

I have been hammering at the interwobble trying to get the low down on this so called Doctor. You know it's amazing how many billions the alternative medicine's industry is worth.

I find it amusing how much they plagerise one another.
      I have just taken an on line questionnaire and apparently I am riddled with Candida LINK Candida albicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I have to spit in a glass of water, if it grows legs or makes the water cloudy within 15 minutes then I have it. Despite it being a natural yeast found in everyone's gut.

If I were the sort to worry then there are plenty of on line sellers of natural remedies or even Clinics here in the UK I can go to for help. Alternatively I could just go to my local GP for some Antibiotics and cream.

I thought Bankers and DCA's were secretive. Try getting personal information on these folk. They are mentioned positively all over the web. But try and find out which College, University or Medical School they attended now that's another thing. Like one chap who lists his Phd in Alternative medicines and is a Fipd. Now what has the Institute of personal development got to do with sticking needles in someone.

One chap (and It could just be me!) when you look at his website then do a Google search of sites that are Anti his work, suddenly you get a bug which attacks your wireless card.

Now these people say they are helping humanity. Yeh right, One chap say's his Cancer cure cost's just £3.00 and that's why conventional medicine is against him and rubbishes his research.

Now the Alka-Seltzer he supplies may cost just £3.00 to produce but he then charges between £30,000 and £50,000 for administering it.

I worry about using this thread as a platform for this topic, but then again I suppose the Folk taken in by this kind of thing (BTW I am open minded about things Medical and Scientific) are no different from people who get scammed in other internet cons. Many examples on Niddies Idiot's thread.

The main difference the desperate folk taken in by medical scams are likely to lose more than their money .

I'm glad you think I'm witty Plan B. Mrs Handy thinks I'm just a who spends too much time on the web.

I do try my best to entertain as a lot of the people on here have a lot to cope with each and everyday and If I can lighten the load a little by giving a giggle or getting their blood up because someone's having it worse. Then my nocturnal meanderings are worth it.

Now for real wit Clever takes some beating. If he ever want's a name change may I suggest Marmite

Regards all, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Far be it for me to suggest that all alternitive medicine is 100% great, i do believe that some are.

I have been reading this thread for a few days, and i must say that some of the examples you give for why the alternitive medicine wouldnt work is abit, shall we say, geared up on the side of pharmaceutical evidence.

Firstly i feel i should point out that the pharmaceutical industry is one of the biggest money making sectors there are in the world.

From GP's to Doctors, right down to sugeons, are taught medicine via these pharmaceutical companies.

Yes you may learn that your heart is an organ that pumps blood, but im talking about treatments they advise you on depending on your illness, the knowledge they have is from the pharmaceutical companies that explain to them how their products work.

When you go to see a doctor because you have a headache, they will advise you to take a pain killer. because they have been taught that pain killers remove the pain of a headache.

NO mainstream doctor or medicine, EVER gives you medicine which attacks the cause of the problem, it is always the symtoms.

Another example is cancer, cancer is treated using radiation, i.e chemo or radio therapy. This attacks the cancer cells (as well as your immune system) in the attempt to destroy these cancer cells, so you dont die.

Does it ever actually treat the reason for why you got cancer in the first place? No.

Nearly every study ever done regarding the survival rate of cancer patiants due to treatment has been based on a maximum of 5 years after they have been given the all clear.

In reality those same people have more than likely died over the 5 year mark because the cancer came back worse, and died as a result.

Now you talk about Candida, yes this is found naturally in your body, but the point is, you over produce this when you are at risk from cancer, and some believe this helps cancer cells to thrive, which is why they suggest reducing the levels.

Earlier in the thread you mention Bicarb, this is because some alternitive doctors believe that when you have an over production of cancer cells your bodies PH levels are too high, by adding bicarb to your body, you are reducing or evenning out the PH level to a normal balance, thus, reducing the production of further cancerous cells.

You have to understand, that big pharma is a massive business, if someone invented a cure for an illness that they made billions from each year, do you not think they would try every method possible to discredit the work?

pharmaceutical companies are not there as some god loving all knowing being that only wishes to cure the ill, they are there to make money, and the quicker you realise this, the better you will understand that money comes from keeping people ill, not curing them.

And as for Vit C injections, yes this has also been known to work, however what people fail to understand is there are different grades of vitamins, if you took vitamin B12, that you bought from holland and barratt, chances are its a very low grade version, and you would need to injest around 3 to 4 times the amount you would if you had a higher grade version.

However this is soon becoming no longer possible due to the EU legislation in place because of the Codex think tank, which aims to reclasify known vitamins, and plants, so they are becoming illegal to be sold in the shops as herbal remedies.

I could go on forever about this subject, but i just thought i would give my other sided opinion on this.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Another example is cancer, cancer is treated using radiation, i.e chemo or radio therapy. This attacks the cancer cells (as well as your immune system) in the attempt to destroy these cancer cells, so you dont die.

Does it ever actually treat the reason for why you got cancer in the first place? No.
          The problem is there is over 100 causes for cancer and sometimes you can't treat the cause... For example some people carry a Genetic mutation (and you can't fix that) other people may have got it from environmental conditions- Again something that can't be fixed. Radation and radical surgery is really the only way forward.

Medicine has stopped children from dying from simple ailments like chicken pox and measels.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt

I hereby formally sit on the fence
            Hope you don't get a splinter up the arris

Handy, refering to an earlier post,
            your thread mate

get on your soapbox if and when you want

Remember you can take a horse to water,
            but a pencil must be lead
            Last edited by IF; 5 February 2012, 12:57. Reason: Show youtube link xx
            It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
              The problem is there is over 100 causes for cancer and sometimes you can't treat the cause... For example some people carry a Genetic mutation (and you can't fix that) other people may have got it from environmental conditions- Again something that can't be fixed. Radation and radical surgery is really the only way forward.

Medicine has stopped children from dying from simple ailments like chicken pox and measels.
              Of course, there are plenty of different types of cancer, and different methods to treat cancer.

Of course medicine has been made to stop kids dying i dont deny that. However what i have trouble with is whats in these injections, things like mercury, formaldehyde, fetal tissues and a lot more.
              Not to mention that they also include the same virus you are trying to cure.

They are all used to produce vaccines.

You dont have to believe me, just read this quote

Are aborted fetuses used to make vaccines?

Yes. These cells were derived from aborted fetuses back in the 1960s and 1970s and have been propagated in cell culture continuously ever since. And people do know. Not even the Catholic church have a problem with it. No new ones are made. millions of children and adults had died if we didn't have vaccine.

Due to the advances in Molecular Biology, nearly all vaccines used today consist of coat proteins made from rDNA (e.coli), not fetuses.

Yes they are used.

In 1962 Dr. Leonard Hayflick developed the WI-38 human diploid cell line which was established by an aborted three month old healthy female fetus. The fetus was dissected and the lung cells were extracted to be used as a host for viruses when making vaccines. These lung cells multiply and are used in several vaccines. Before Dr. Hayflick received this particular fetus, he went through several fetuses to establish the WI-38 cell line. This is true of all aborted fetal cell lines. For example at least eighty-one aborted fetuses were used in the making of the rubella vaccine.
              In addition to the WI-38 fetal cell line, the following lines are also used in vaccines:

• MRC-5 fetal cell line - taken from the lung tissues of a 14-week old male fetus.
              • WI-26 VA4 fetal cell line - taken from the lung of a male fetus.
              • HEK 293 cell line - taken from the kidneys of a fetus, the number 293 in the cell line refers to the number of aborted fetuses it took before establishing this particular cell line.
              • The PER C6 fetal cell line - taken from the kidneys of an 18 week old fetus
              So according to them, aborted fetus was used back in the day, however they now use e-coli!

Well that made me feel better

Comment

My daughter became so paranoid after smoking too much weed during her A Level phase that she slit her wrists. I would be very worried if kids got the wrong end of the stick that using weed is justifiable due to its possible medical benefits They will believe anything they read on the internet.

Comment

I've always found it much on a par with alcohol.

Use it sensibly, then most often fine.

Abuse it, and you could well end up having problems. Some similar, some different, but problems none the less.

Comment

Hi all, wow looks like plenty of discussion on here today.
                    Firstly everyone is entitled to state their views, and secondly let me state I am not against Alternative medicine.

To elaborate, I believe that techniques such as Acupuncture and Hypnotherapy have legitimate to be used alongside traditional proven medical techniques and Therapies.

Many years ago my Project for my Biology (and History) CSE's (Don't laugh I later did a Science foundation Course and an ONC in Chemistry) Was a study on the founders of Modern Medicine.
                    Jenner, Lister, Pastuer, Curie and Flemming. All these great scientists had their opponents who scoffed and derided their work.

As to the Bicarb treatment, the first report I found of its use in genuine research was in an archive of the American Medical Journal 1926 where it was found to when given by IV relieve spasms in the Guts of patients with terminal bowel cancer.

More recently there have been promising results from trials at the university of Arizona where Sodium Bicarbonate was found to make tumours in mice absorb chemotherapy more readily enabling smaller doses to be administered.

What I am against are the Snake Oil sellers, the ones who get their names attached to legitimate studies. Easy one I have looked at says in his CV he was invited to be a member on a proposed EU commission on alternative medicine.

Come on Proposed means it never happened, a bit like a DCA saying it May take you to Court. We all know how that works

SX Guy I take on board what you say about the Pharmaceutical Industry, where there are massive profits to be made their motives rarely are altruistic.

I have just finished reading the Constant Gardener, Fiction? maybe just a wee hint of truth, who knows?

On the other hand, Lady Hooray's Daughter has had her Op in Serbia. The Oncologists in the UK wouldn't operate until they had reduced the size of the Tumour. The Chap in Rome said his Serbian Colleague could remove the tumour as she was in the 10% for who his system would not work conventionally, (problem is he doesn't produce evidence of his statistics, for all anyone knows every patient who sees him could be in that 10%)

Turns out now the Serbs have done a full Mastectomy. Which is one of the things she wanted to avoid. Now if she survives the next 5 years or so will this charlatan claim her as a success for his method or conventional medicine.

The sad thing is she could have had all of this done in the UK under her BUPA (she pays @9K per year).

Well she fly's home tomorrow, so I will update as news filters through.

Regards all, Handy
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      Far be it for me to suggest that all alternitive medicine is 100% great, i do believe that some are.

I have been reading this thread for a few days, and i must say that some of the examples you give for why the alternitive medicine wouldnt work is abit, shall we say, geared up on the side of pharmaceutical evidence.

Firstly i feel i should point out that the pharmaceutical industry is one of the biggest money making sectors there are in the world.

From GP's to Doctors, right down to sugeons, are taught medicine via these pharmaceutical companies.

Yes you may learn that your heart is an organ that pumps blood, but im talking about treatments they advise you on depending on your illness, the knowledge they have is from the pharmaceutical companies that explain to them how their products work.

When you go to see a doctor because you have a headache, they will advise you to take a pain killer. because they have been taught that pain killers remove the pain of a headache.

NO mainstream doctor or medicine, EVER gives you medicine which attacks the cause of the problem, it is always the symtoms.

Nearly every study ever done regarding the survival rate of cancer patiants due to treatment has been based on a maximum of 5 years after they have been given the all clear.

In reality those same people have more than likely died over the 5 year mark because the cancer came back worse, and died as a result.

Now you talk about Candida, yes this is found naturally in your body, but the point is, you over produce this when you are at risk from cancer, and some believe this helps cancer cells to thrive, which is why they suggest reducing the levels.

Earlier in the thread you mention Bicarb, this is because some alternitive doctors believe that when you have an over production of cancer cells your bodies PH levels are too high, by adding bicarb to your body, you are reducing or evenning out the PH level to a normal balance, thus, reducing the production of further cancerous cells.

You have to understand, that big pharma is a massive business, if someone invented a cure for an illness that they made billions from each year, do you not think they would try every method possible to discredit the work?

pharmaceutical companies are not there as some god loving all knowing being that only wishes to cure the ill, they are there to make money, and the quicker you realise this, the better you will understand that money comes from keeping people ill, not curing them.

And as for Vit C injections, yes this has also been known to work, however what people fail to understand is there are different grades of vitamins, if you took vitamin B12, that you bought from holland and barratt, chances are its a very low grade version, and you would need to injest around 3 to 4 times the amount you would if you had a higher grade version.

However this is soon becoming no longer possible due to the EU legislation in place because of the Codex think tank, which aims to reclasify known vitamins, and plants, so they are becoming illegal to be sold in the shops as herbal remedies.

I could go on forever about this subject, but i just thought i would give my other sided opinion on this.
                      Nonsense

place marker for longer, point by point refutation

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy
                        I watched a film about a guy in canada, trying to remember his name, but hes treated a lot of people using weed, not smoking it, you would have to smoke a whole field for it to work that way, what he does is he boils it down (quite a complicated process).
                        Extraction and reduction are quite simple processes.

In the end, you get this brown goey tar type substance, which you just rub a little in your gum, and it gets absorbed.
                        When one considers the size of (link) the THC molecule, one might be astonished that it is ever absorbed at all - but the same must surely be said for nicotine (link) which, although smaller than THC, is much larger than oxygen or carbon dioxide.

No highs because the THC is burnt off during the process.
                        If that was truly the reason why this therapy has no 'highs', then one would surely expect the other, lighter cannabis alkaloids or terpenoids to have been 'burnt off' too.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs
                          Are you up to date with your anti-tetanus jabs?
                          Oh yes

Needle in ass - never forget those buggers
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Oh yes

Needle in ass - never forget those buggers
                            Because you feel a little [puncture]?
                            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 5 February 2012, 21:16. Reason: rude word

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Because you feel a little [puncture]?
                              Ooooh a wee puncture to me ass eh - lucky me
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I remember having a tetanus, the male nurse was shall we say a little suspect

As I was bending over ready for the injection he said "now you will only feel a little prick" I was so glad when the needle went in.

Comment

Working...
                                X