GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Do You Remember.......... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Remember..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Remember..........

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    What about
    'Its Friday, it's 5 to 5 and it's...........
    A job I had, we used to call the delivery drivers the "Crackerjack Club"
    During the week when they got back they were ment to load their vans we finished at 5, they normally got back about 3:30 -4:00
    except Friday they didn't, as they knew we would have to do it on a Saturday.
    Every Friday it was like a convoy coming in at 5 to 5

What about going to the local shop and getting a 10p mix or 2oz of midget gems that got weighed out from a big jar
    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I used to save my school dinner money to spend after school in the sweet shop.

There now, I've confessed!

Comment

I used to save my bus money and walk home eating my sweets!!
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Do you remember tank tops and flares, the more psycadelic the better?

Comment

And wedges!!

Comment

What about collecting savings stamps at school to buy premium bonds?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Green shield stamps......who remembers sticking them in the books!!

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                  And wedges!!
                  They're back in fashion now!

What about collecting savings stamps at school to buy premium bonds?
                  Sorry Cym, don't remember that, but I can remember Green Shield Stamps!

( You read my mind again IF! )
                  Last edited by fluffystuff; 14 May 2013, 19:53.

Comment

I remember sticking them in for my Nan and then exchanging them for goods at a shop similar to Argos or was that the vouchers/cards/stamps that were in cigarette packets???

Comment

Originally posted by fluffystuff View Post
                      I remember sticking them in for my Nan and then exchanging them for goods at a shop similar to Argos or was that the vouchers/cards/stamps that were in cigarette packets???
                      Green shield became Argos

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                        What about going to the local shop and getting a 10p mix or 2oz of midget gems that got weighed out from a big jar
                        My sweets were bought using "old" money

Originally posted by fluffystuff View Post
                        Do you remember tank tops and flares, the more psycadelic the better?
                        My Mum knit a tank top for me in a day just so that I could wear it at the local disco

I can remember swapping the books to buy a cine camera!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I remember flares, tank tops and platform shoes. I still have a pair of embroidered flares and pink tie died T shirt. Needed those in case you went out with a hippie girl.

I also remember buying a tailored suit made from Denim.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            My sweets were bought using "old" money

My Mum knit a tank top for me in a day just so that I could wear it at the local disco

I can remember swapping the books to buy a cine camera!
                            Yep, MOJO's, Fruit Salad and Black Jacks, all 4 for 1d, or a farthing each.

Comment

Do you remember going into the local shop and picking your biscuits from a barrel?
                              Woolworths sold broken biscuits

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                                Yep, MOJO's, Fruit Salad and Black Jacks, all 4 for 1d, or a farthing each.
                                I'd forgotten about MOJOs.

What about sour grape flavoured bubblies and these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	golf ball bubbly.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1394088

Click image for larger version

Name:	anglobubbly_canon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1394090
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X