GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Simple things - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple things

Well here's a new idea for a thread....

People say you can change your thinking and a positive mindset brings positive results.

People often talk of being a glass half empty or glass half full type of person

Well...... Where do you go if you see the glass as being half as big as it needs to be? - Thats me

Sorry... I've always been a square peg in a round hole!

Recently Ive been giving a lot of thought to the small things in life that make us smile yet we pass by not even noticing them as we dash along with busy lives.

You get caught up with all the negative stuff your fighting (DCA's ect) that it impacts on you as a person. It slowly drags you down without you knowing it.

To quote a classic 80's Film "Sometimes you have to take time to smell the roses"

So, I've been trying to "smell the roses" and try to appreciate things around me a little more - Its quite frightning what we actually miss when were busy running around.

The smell of freshly cut grass....

Freshly baked bread........

The feel or sunshine on your face.......

And its true... It does make a difference.....So,

What small things make you smile and why?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Simple things

The past two years have been horrendous for me and hubby, our business struggled a lot to the point we were going to give it up, both my parents became ill, my dad with parkinson's mum getting over cancer, i am their carer part time but also help with the business too especially now hubby has taken on a job to help our income, eldest son had an accident at work and shattered his elbow which is now useless... BUT

during the bad times the things that gave us hope was our love for each other especially when we had no money to put in the gas meter (it did get that bad at times), but we cuddled up in a snuggle blanket and just enjoyed being close and we would chat about the future and how things would improve for us.

We also had a new addition to our family ( our gorgeous grandson) he brought so much love and joy and hope to the family , everytime i felt down i would cuddle him close and see the future bright . We have a close bond me and my grandson and each time i see him my heart melts , he is just so adorable .

other simple things that mean a lot are the family meals together, all sat round the table eating a good meal cooked by me and just simply enjoying being a family .

Taking walks along the sea front and just appreciating the beauty of it all , and feeling so very blessed to be able to breath fresh air .

We are also blessed that we are five minutes drive from the countryside, so taking walks through woods and open countryside also is a simple thing in life but very much appreciated , I think having nothing or next to nothing makes us make the most of what we have around us and we see things differently and everything seems to look better because when we are busy and doing other things we miss the beauty of those and the things around us .

I think all the struggle and having hardly anything to live on has taught us a good lesson. Look after what you have and enjoy everything you can no matter how small .

Life is good and one thing that cannot be taken is the love we share with our family and friends .
    Last edited by Spent2much; 1 February 2013, 10:03.

Comment

Seeing people come onto AAD full of worry and fear, and seeing them take control, learn to smile and be able to sleep at night again does it for me

As well as the normal things like the love of family and friends, the silly things our pets do, a beautiful sunset, baby birds being fed by a devoted mum, the first flowers of spring, the sound of the sea...you know the stuff!

Comment

I can identify and agree with all of the above

Just simple things like sitting all together to enjoy a lovely home cooked dinner make life what it is

Really nice to hear - Almost makes you smile inside
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X