GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script son's wedding today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

son's wedding today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• son's wedding today

We are all on a budget so we are using our car and youngest son's car for the wedding cars.

I just tied ribbon over the bonnet and to the wing mirrors, put some lillies on the boot shelf, it looks gorgeous , this is the brides car .

The grooms car we just tied some ribbon on the back door handles , wow its amazing what a bit of white ribbon can do .

So a good friend who does videos for weddings is doing today for free and he is coming here at 8.30 to film the groom and best man also the baby who will be wearing his wedding outfit today .

The sun is shining its glorious

Re: son's wedding today

Have a great day...it doesn't have to cost a fortune to make a wedding day special...and the sun's shining
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Aww hope it all goes well, have a lovely day xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        We are all on a budget so we are using our car and youngest son's car for the wedding cars.
        Shouldn't the bride's family pay for the wedding?

How much was her dowry?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

How much was her dowry?
          You'r waaaaay behind the times Cloggy. It's usually the couple themselves who pay for the wedding, with some help from both the bride's and groom's families, if they can afford it.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Really?

I suppose you'll tell me that the groom isn't given any dowry, either?

Comment

How much was her dowry?

the bride and groom paid for everything, the bride is from a single parent family . Its all going well just waiting to get my hair done now then we are ready

Comment

Really?

I suppose you'll tell me that the groom isn't given any dowry, either?
                Afraid so Cloggy, sadly all the groom gets is a ball and chain, although with today's technology, that has probably been replaced by an electronic tag...

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                  Afraid so Cloggy, sadly all the groom gets is a ball and chain, although with today's technology, that has probably been replaced by an electronic tag...
                  When a friend got married, his father in law to be promised him ten acres and a cow.

Twelve years on, he still doesn't have the land.

Comment

When a friend got married, his father in law to be promised him ten acres and a cow.

Twelve years on, he still doesn't have the land.
                    Well that was mean, he could have kicked him in the bollocks and given him 2 aches to start with

Comment

For my first wedding I remember my parents paying for the bar. My dad also offered to pay for the reception but we declined. (we got enough money back to settle the bill my oma made sure people who came gave enough to cover their dinner in canada thats the done thing... You give money and it should be enough to cover dinner. )

His family paid for decorations, mine flowers... My dress was paid for by my nan and I paid for all the other wee things.

Oh im pretty sure his family paid for the limo.

We didn't have a stag and doe party or bridal shower so they saved money on that lol..

The wedding cake was made by me and my dad

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                          For my first wedding I remember my parents paying for the bar. My dad also offered to pay for the reception but we declined. (we got enough money back to settle the bill my oma made sure people who came gave enough to cover their dinner in canada thats the done thing... You give money and it should be enough to cover dinner. )

His family paid for decorations, mine flowers... My dress was paid for by my nan and I paid for all the other wee things.

Oh im pretty sure his family paid for the limo.

We didn't have a stag and doe party or bridal shower so they saved money on that lol..

The wedding cake was made by me and my dad
                          My daughter went to Las Vegas with her partner of 10 years phoned me from heathrow when they landed and said dad we got married in vegas hope your not upsetI said of course not happy for you both so did not cost us a penny. I WAS GUTTED.

Comment

have a wonderfull day xxx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Have a fab day, you certainly have the weather for it. xx
                              Shine on you crazy diamond..

Comment

Working...
                              X