GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems

Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 2nd February 2012 18:35.

Criminal hackers have found a way round the latest generation of online banking security devices given out by banks, the BBC has learned. After...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems

Hackers crack new online banking security putting 25m people at risk

Hackers are again gunning for Britain's 25million internet banking users after cracking the latest generation of security devices. Criminals have burst through banks' new calculator-style keypads to raid customers' accounts, a BBC investigation has found. The likes of HSBC's new Secure Key and Barclays' PINSentry were supposed to quash crime to near zero. But dangerous new viruses could add to the millions stolen online last year, experts say. Gary Clark, of data protection company Safenet, said the findings 'raise serious questions' over ordinary anti-virus protection. In October, This is Money explained how malicious bugs can masquerade as internet bank pages, fooling unwitting account holders into handing over their cash....Read more here--: Hackers crack new online banking security putting 25m people at risk
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X