GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas and SSE end doorstep sales permanently - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas and SSE end doorstep sales permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas and SSE end doorstep sales permanently

British Gas and SSE end doorstep sales permanently

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 11th October 2011 17:26.

British Gas and Scottish and Southern Energy have permanently ended the use of unsolicited doorstep sales of gas and electricity contracts. They...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: British Gas and SSE end doorstep sales permanently

Scottish & Southern doorstep salesmen guilty of mis-selling energy tariffs to 400,000 customers

Scottish & Southern Energy will write to 400,000 customers who signed up to an energy contract through a doorstep salesman between October 2009 and July 2011 after the firm lost a mis-selling case. The energy giant was found guilty of misleading selling practices such as wrongly telling homeowners they were paying too much for their energy. It appealed last May’s decision but the original ruling was upheld last week at the Court of Appeal. SSE has written to 50,000 customers so far, meaning many are probably unaware they may have received misleading information.....Read more on Blog Pages--: Scottish Southern doorstep salesmen guilty of mis-selling energy tariffs to 400,000 customers - allaboutFORUMS
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X