GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Freedom of Information charges ruled out after review - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freedom of Information charges ruled out after review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of Information charges ruled out after review

Freedom of Information charges ruled out after review

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 1st March 2016 14:08
    Freedom of Information requests - used by campaigners and journalists to ask questions of public bodies - are to remain free of charge, a minister says. Following a review of the law, Cabinet Office minister Matt Hancock said the FoI Act was "working well". The FoI Commission was asked to examine it amid concerns within government that "sensitive information" was being inadequately protected. Its report said FoI had helped "change the culture of the public sector". Mr Hancock said there would be no wholesale changes to the FoI Act. "After 10 years, we took the decision to review the Freedom of Information Act and we have found it is working well," he said. "We will not make any legal changes to FoI. We will spread transparency throughout public services, making sure all public bodies routinely publish details of senior pay and perks. "After all, taxpayers should know if their money is funding a company car or a big pay-off." The government has chosen not to legislate to shore up ministers' powers to veto the release of information....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X