GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water meters mean higher bills for more than a third of consumers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water meters mean higher bills for more than a third of consumers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water meters mean higher bills for more than a third of consumers

Water meters mean higher bills for more than a third of consumers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 22nd August 2014 09:23.

*The number of water meters installed in homes across England and Wales has risen above 10 million, as suppliers in drought prone areas in the South...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Water meters mean higher bills for more than a third of consumers

Yes....and I can remember when the Government and water companies pitched such huge savings for people by getting one fitted. One of the biggest cons of modern times.....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Like a spy in your home these smart meters

Comment

I can remember when your water bills were included in your rent.

Comment

..... and the buggers used to charge people for having one fitted!! Cheeky bastards....

I had one fitted when they became free and saved nothing. Wish I'd never bothered....
          Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We've had one fitted in April, we had our first bill last week and were definitely saving money, although to be fair they said we would as there's just two if us and we use the hose to water the garden and top up the pond.

Comment

Maybe I'll start saving when my daughter and her bf get a place of their own then..... lol
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

We were told it's always a saving if there's less people than bedrooms, ie 2 adults and four bedrooms .

Comment

we moved from a 1 bedroom flat to a New 2 bedroom premises which has a water meter (and there is no difference in costs, apart from you have to watch how much you use now and we aren't in a drought region). Meters aren't what they are, just a money spinner for the utility companies share holders and fat cats! - and the Government is winging it and denying or they are getting a piece of the action 'saying its the way forward/future/savings' where is not!

Comment

I've always refused to have one as oh loves washing cars! Now the boys have nearly all left home it may be worth it but, when we gain 8 extra people having at least 1 shower a day for the holidays it wouldn't be worth it.

Comment

I made no saving at all when I switched and at the time, there was my daughter and myself (2 bedrooms). It's been a massive con to a lot of people and if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered..... but you live and learn.

Anything promoted that hard by the Government has an agenda that suits them and not us.....
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                      X