GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Warning - creditors are seeking judgments for smaller debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning - creditors are seeking judgments for smaller debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - creditors are seeking judgments for smaller debts

Warning - creditors are seeking judgments for smaller debts

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 1st August 2013 21:33.

Statistics released by Registry Trust for the first half of 2013 show that consumers in England and Wales are being pursued through the courts for...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Warning - creditors are seeking judgments for smaller debts

Interesting - but that only highlights the AVERAGE sum being pursued.

The article also stated that the total debts being pursued in the courts had actually dropped by £84.5M.

So whats missing for me is a crucial bit of information - what has caused the average to fall? Is it that creditors are actually going to court over smaller debts? Or is it the fact the court threshold has remained the same, but there are fewer bigger debts being pursued which has caused the average to fall.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics!
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Agreed, but the likelihood that fewer large debts are being pursued through the courts is ..... err, unlikely, so probably smaller debts being pursued. I think I did read somewhere a few months back that increased use of the fast-track route for smaller debts was being employed.

Comment

Did you see (legal section) the results of our FOI (HM Courts) regards claims by Marlin & Restons alone - many many thousands.

Its being abused. Simples. So read mods signatures, click the link and help us reach our goal.

Share the ePetition. Get it out there and lets fight back!!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
          Agreed, but the likelihood that fewer large debts are being pursued through the courts is ..... err, unlikely, so probably smaller debts being pursued. I think I did read somewhere a few months back that increased use of the fast-track route for smaller debts was being employed.
          It is unlikely - but I like to see statements made followed with hard facts like the Marlin stuff Niddy mentions below. Otherwise I just see it as more stirring to scare debtors.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Did you see (legal section) the results of our FOI (HM Courts) regards claims by Marlin & Restons alone - many many thousands.

Its being abused. Simples. So read mods signatures, click the link and help us reach our goal.

Share the ePetition. Get it out there and lets fight back!!
          Signed it on the very first day it came out
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X