GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hanging on phone for HMRC cost public £136m - NAO - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging on phone for HMRC cost public £136m - NAO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging on phone for HMRC cost public £136m - NAO

Hanging on phone for HMRC cost public £136m - NAO

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 18th December 2012 18:51.

Delays in answering phone calls to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) cost callers £136m last year, it has been estimated. The National Audit Office (NAO)...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Hanging on phone for HMRC cost public £136m - NAO

I think it's ridiculous that organisations such as HMRC, Jobcentre, Tax Credits, Pensions etc have 0845 numbers which cost the earth to phone from a mobile. There are many people, like me, who no longer have land line.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

remember to use these numbers instead when having to call from a mobile, as it will use your normal FREE CALL TARIFF (If you have free calls on your mobile, or alternative PAYGO it'll use Land Line charge subject to your Network Operator)

HMRC:

0161 931 9070 Self Assessment helpline 0845 300 0627

01355 359022Withhold your number (using 141) when calling from UK or else the call will be blocked Taxes Helpline 0845 300 0627

Job Centre:

0845 604 3719 01603 248701

Link for ALL England, Wales Job Centre branches:
      Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HMRC up to a few years back didnt use 0845 numbers, i believe they argued that it would help them to deal with issues quicker, or some bollox like that, whatever it was you can be sure it was nothing to do with the real reason.

Personally, a government body in my opinion should be free to ring or at least a local rate number, they should not be profiting from you, as they are a civil service. Not to mention the fact that you sometimes have no choice but to ring them.

Its disgusting that they are allowed to get away with it. That being said, they are a law unto themselves, i mean, lets look at the restrictions they have imposed over the years. Paper returns submission limited to self employed. PAYE submissions online only are to name but a few.

They seem to think that everyone should have the internet and know how to use it, when the truth is, there is still a hell of a lot of oldskool employers who wont change from manually writing out a P11 deductions sheet, and have no idea how to google let alone do online submissions.

Comment

Welcome to Capitalism!!

Comment

Think you are shooting the wrong people here.

You will not believe how our political masters are so hell bent on destruction of public services. Taxman is civil service but they are being kippered too.

Part of this is making lots of things net paying agencies. Things we all once took for granted public services did for us.

Now they charge for almost everything and its going to get alot worse.

Part of it is idelogical fattening in order for private industry to come along and charge even more when they take over core functions.

Its for their mates to come along and make a nice fat profit. People complain about public services but they are about to get a whole lot worse.

0845 numbers are just a sympton of what is going on that the public quite frankly is unaware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              I think it's ridiculous that organisations such as HMRC, Jobcentre, Tax Credits, Pensions etc have 0845 numbers which cost the earth to phone from a mobile. There are many people, like me, who no longer have land line.
              SEARCH TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE NUMBER
              -------> http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Comment

The downfall of civil sectors and profiteering, came along i think at the same time as those bodies were allowed to become ltd companies.

Just look at dunham and bradstreet, every MP is trading under his/her own ltd company name. Councils are also ltd companies, some even have IBM as shareholders, why would the likes of IBM be a shareholder if wasnt to profit from it.

Comment

Working...
                X