GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Flooding victims told: Get waterproof doors - or we won't insure you - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flooding victims told: Get waterproof doors - or we won't insure you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding victims told: Get waterproof doors - or we won't insure you

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 28th November 2012 12:50.

Flood victims will be told to spend tens of thousands of pounds on waterproof doors, plastic floors and river defences if they want insurance....

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Flooding victims told: Get waterproof doors - or we won't insure you

Originally posted by AAD News Feed View Post

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 28th November 2012 12:50.

Flood victims will be told to spend tens of thousands of pounds on waterproof doors, plastic floors and river defences if they want insurance....

Click to Read More...

If they are going to that expense then why on earth would they need insurance? Maybe the original insurance was mis-sold to anyone that did get flooded and the company won't now pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      If they are going to that expense then why on earth would they need insurance? Maybe the original insurance was mis-sold to anyone that did get flooded and the company won't now pay out.
      Exactly!!
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Same old same old

Take the money in the good times but when it goes wrong oh I want to take my ball home or we expect the taxpayer to underwrite it.

For every house that has got flooded just think of all the premiums that are getting paid from the ones that didnt.

Sounds more like this wonderful financial industry has gotten used to the bank of taxpayer.

Am sure they wouldnt be squealing so much if they then had to offer grants like the energy companys to do these works on the vunerable houses.

Comment

And what exactly is a waterproof door???

Can see the submarine builders getting quite a few new orders in natty white, red and blue underwater doors. The ones with the wheels on

Comment

Difference between a banker and an insurance advisor? fuck all !!!

Comment

How many times have you ever visited your home town to find it has expanded so much, and the fields and play areas you in your youth use to play in the summer holidays, but in winter were Ice or flooded areas? and are now Housing estates?

Scratching my head here = Why Did They Build Those Private Houses There? Oh! Yes"Money"
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

1st Time I've seen you use the F word pompey......and I totally agree

Leeches the lot of em they should be there at someones time of need NOT trying to find a million and one ways of squirming out of paying out for a legitimate claim

F*!**! flood doors...cheapest I've seen are over £200 + vat and then they don't guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                  1st Time I've seen you use the F word pompey......and I totally agree

Leeches the lot of em they should be there at someones time of need NOT trying to find a million and one ways of squirming out of paying out for a legitimate claim

F*!**! flood doors...cheapest I've seen are over £200 + vat and then they don't guarantee
                  Yeah on the guarantee it says - do not submerge

Comment

Working...
                  X