GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Friday - Websites Crashing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday - Websites Crashing

So seems Black Friday brings out the best of websites, Tesco is down, Argos is down, Asda is down - what next?

Some of us actually want to just do normal shopping - ridiculous!!

Rant over!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tesco.png
Views:	1
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	1416356
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Last night I thought I'd look on the Curry's site, there was over 350,000 in front of me and a 55 minute wait.... bloody ridiculous.

Comment

Tell me about it! I've been trying to access the Tesco website for a while and just keep getting that screen. It gets to zero and then stats from 30 seconds again. I've already done my Christmas present shopping...grrr
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

just tried the curry's site 11.07 am, I can get on in ; over a hour
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
          Last night I thought I'd look on the Curry's site, there was over 350,000 in front of me and a 55 minute wait.... bloody ridiculous.
          Same now

Name:	currys.png
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1406292
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

There are no online queues, the companies just think you are lazy for not going down there!

Comment

typical I turn my back for 0.45 sec and someone jumps the Que in front of me

Comment

to access currys - just go here --> http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/index.html

Same difference - same products etc

However unsure how to buy - lol

Name:	Deals   Free Delivery   Pcw.png
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1406294

Comment

Result on Harveys, I've just managed to get £900 off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                    Result on Harveys, I've just managed to get £900 off.
                    Can't believe you even shop there

Comment

My bloody Tesco food delivery is late too!

It's ridiculous..they've fabricated a meaningless panic buying spree. Serve 'em right if people go elsewhere, greedy sods.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        There are no online queues, the companies just think you are lazy for not going down there!
                        Some of us can't go down there
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                          thats a very valid point mate!
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Now Argos

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1406296

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                              thats a very valid point mate!
                              Not at all. I live 30 miles from anywhere. Others are poorly etc.

Loads of reasons not to go queuing.

Comment

Working...
                              X