GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Friday - Websites Crashing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    steady. I'm Tory. Capitalist? Hardly.....
    Will you still be when all the Paedophilia and corruption is exposed within Govt?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
      Was that in Essex?

Of course

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Some of us can't go down there
        That's a fair and valid point, but the companies don't really care as long as they get their sale (in hindsight what I said was poorly worded.

Not at all. I live 30 miles from anywhere. Others are poorly etc.

Loads of reasons not to go queuing.
        DWP don't consider being serious ill a good reason - I doubt Tesco's et al would.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Will you still be when all the Paedophilia and corruption is exposed within Govt?
          yep! I was 18 in Scotland amongst my birthday cards was a council tax (poll tax) booklet asking for around £65 a month.

I'm still a Tory - even after that mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            That's a fair and valid point, but the companies don't really care as long as they get their sale (in hindsight what I said was poorly worded.

DWP don't consider being serious ill a good reason - I doubt Tesco's et al would.
            DWP is a dependency - Tesco is a luxury. Mate - come on
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yep! I was 18 in Scotland amongst my birthday cards was a council tax (poll tax) booklet asking for around £65 a month.

I'm still a Tory - even after that mate
              You just can't help some people

Comment

Is it me, or is this Black Friday thing hyped up? Stores just trying to off-load stock before Christmas: in the case of electronics, much of these are probably old models. Am still hanging on for some of my Christmas shopping, as I know shops have further reductions nearer Christmas. And I know I risk getting egg on my face, when all the cut price stuff is sold and I end up paying full price ....

As far as Black Friday goes, I live not far from Bicester Village and it has just been on the local news that traffic has been queuing for THREE hours to get there - and when they get there they can'f find anywhere to park! Probably why online shopping is so popular ...
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've just watched it on the news, I'm sorry but I am ashamed to see it, us English are reputed to be cool and calm and what I saw was a load of people acting like pack animals.

Comment

Reminds me of The Hunger Games a bit.....
                    Remember the mantra:
                    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

I am afraid to say no such thing as a non capitalist tory

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, welfare is paid to the minimum number and wages are kept to a minimum to increase profit

So endeth the lesson

Comment

What an apt description, Sapphy. "Pack animals" describes it exactly - except animals do it for their food and these people do it for flat screen tellies!

Comment

absolute madness isnt it! people queueing up for hours in the cold, fighting, accidents, police - and all to give money to a retailer! I am all for a discount, but at what cost?!
                          is it me, or the majority sheep? i.e just follow whatever your mate, relative, neighbour is about to do?!
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

I agree with you SA Gold. I don't think the discounts are worth it.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I agree with you SA Gold. I don't think the discounts are worth it.

to be honest Pixie, i haven't really looked what they are offering in the superstores,but would hazzard a guess its only carp they need to shift on before the dates expire/ new model comes out anyway!
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

How many people see some discounts and then assume that everything is cheaper? They won't be working at a loss, they just catch your attention and once you are hooked .......

Comment

Working...
                                X