GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Friday - Websites Crashing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    How many people see some discounts and then assume that everything is cheaper? They won't be working at a loss, they just catch your attention and once you are hooked .......
    absolutely Cymru. Its clever marketing (or dull shoppers!) that creates the assumptions that all offers are worthwhile!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tesco.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	1406302

Comment

pomp - thats brilliant, love it!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

He probably nabbed that from our facebook wall. I nabbed it from Phil mind you

funny innit
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm going to risk Tesco's - wish me luck

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1406304
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Another day created by the retailers.

Where did it come from. Is it something we have all been doing for years or is it another Americanism?

Seems even in America its something that was not widely known outside Philadelphia until the 1970's and places like LA had never heard of it till the early 1990's

Totally fabricated by the retailers to open peoples wallets. Typical sales ploy. Create a pretend good deal or shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post

to be honest Pixie, i haven't really looked what they are offering in the superstores,but would hazzard a guess its only carp they need to shift on before the dates expire/ new model comes out anyway!
                Neither have I. I just know I wouldn't want to risk getting trampled or beaten up whatever the so-called discount.

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Another day created by the retailers.

Where did it come from. Is it something we have all been doing for years or is it another Americanism?

Seems even in America its something that was not widely known outside Philadelphia until the 1970's and places like LA had never heard of it till the early 1990's

Totally fabricated by the retailers to open peoples wallets. Typical sales ploy. Create a pretend good deal or shortage.
                Just another Americanism. It's on the Friday after Thanksgiving and called Black Friday because it puts the retailers in the black. The next thing is Cyber Monday...

Love the two picture messages
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  He probably nabbed that from our facebook wall. I nabbed it from Phil mind you

funny innit
                  Twitter

Comment

Black Friday is the name given to the shopping day after Thanksgiving. It was originally called Black Friday because so many people went out to shop that it caused traffic accidents and sometimes even violence.

This was first recorded in 1966 by Earl Apfelbaum, a dealer in rare stamps. In his ad, he said "'Black Friday' is the name that the Philadelphia Police Department gave to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day. It is not a term of endearment to them. 'Black Friday' officially opens the Christmas shopping season in center city, and it usually brings massive traffic jams and over-crowded sidewalks as the downtown stores are mobbed from opening to closing."

Comment

My quote for the meaning of Black Friday came from the Sky News website http://news.sky.com/story/1382539/re...ling-will-last

Comment

Totally agree DD had her deal on line the next day from savvy with 2 free games and still paid the same as the so called deals.Madness absolutely , one women on the news went into Netto for carrots and came out with a phone.
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Black Friday was the busiest day on record for online retailer Amazon UK, with sales that "surpassed all expectations", the company has said.

Its website recorded orders for more than 5.5 million goods, with about 64 items sold per second.

Amazon said the public's appetite for Black Friday was "bigger than ever".

More ---- > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30260103

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                            Black Friday was the busiest day on record for online retailer Amazon UK, with sales that "surpassed all expectations", the company has said.

Its website recorded orders for more than 5.5 million goods, with about 64 items sold per second.

Amazon said the public's appetite for Black Friday was "bigger than ever".

More ---- > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30260103
                            Going to be a lot of skint people in January!

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              Going to be a lot of skint people in January!
                              True and I wonder how many have racked up the credit cards.

It's just pure greed.

Comment

going to be busy on here next year perhaps by May on-wards????

lot of so called Black Friday Ads turn out to be get rid of non moving items which are sitting around, there are advertisers who chance public are not knowledgeable and fall for it!

One I know ie:- Black Friday offer = 3 x 1 Ltr of Car wash/polish for £xx.xx , but not promoted in that advert is the £xx.xx 5 ltr for the same price!!

Comment

Working...
                                X