GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Friday - Websites Crashing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday - Websites Crashing

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Not at all. I live 30 miles from anywhere. Others are poorly etc.

Loads of reasons not to go queuing.
    I didn't explain that very well mate. what i mean was is that this *queue* is another way of creating this panic buying from the retailers perspective. I am not trying to suggest attending the store is a benefit to the consumer in any way. They could get their sites to cope with the demand if they really wanted to.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Worth keeping an eye on

------------- > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...2014-live.html
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Can't believe you even shop there

Searched and searched, was the only place that had what I wanted, personally not that enamoured with them, ho hum and I did it online so I didn't have to suffer their infernal hard selling idiots in the shop.

Comment

Best staying at home if you ask me ......

Police have been called to supermarkets across the UK amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers.

Greater Manchester Police appealed for calm after attending seven Tesco shops, at which three men were arrested and a woman was hit by a falling television.

More -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30241459

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
            Searched and searched, was the only place that had what I wanted, personally not that enamoured with them, ho hum and I did it online so I didn't have to suffer their infernal hard selling idiots in the shop.
            3 month wait or only 2?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Three weeks (allegedly), not that fussed about the time to be honest anyway, three weeks and one day I will start getting angry lol.

I wanted a matching large sideboard, tv/entertainment unit and 4 lamp tables, we went everywhere, we could get the sideboard and lamp tables but not the matching tv/entertainment unit, and some places said that they had them but you couldn't see them and had to order from a picture online, the only place that had all on show was Harveys.

Comment

Yea we were victims to that. A couple years ago they sold Kashmir Furniture - big chunky stuff. We spent £3k plus for a dining table, tv unit, 3 mirrors, nest of tables, sideboard & 2 floating shelves.

Waited 3 months. It arrived - was too dark lol. So we sold it pretty much straight away for a grand. Gutted.

Went to Oakland place and got chunky replacements in oak for a grand in total. Lol

We were happy enough as technically we got what we wanted (eventually)!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I was down at Tesco Extra Havant at midnight last night fecking chaos I tell yah 4 pallets of TV's were flying off and could not move in the electrical dept and toys, kids clothing was the same.

Comment

My friend has just called me and said that people are fighting outside Argos

Comment

Staff tried to keep order as customers competed over items including televisions.......Mad if you ask me ....

Comment

This is so sad, sorry but I think that if this event happens next year then better crowd control and systems need to be put in place, someone is seriously going to be hurt or even killed and for what eh.... life is far more precious than fighting over a bloody tv.

Comment

This is so sad, sorry but I think that if this event happens next year then better crowd control and systems need to be put in place, someone is seriously going to be hurt or even killed and for what eh.... life is far more precious than fighting over a bloody tv.
                          Capitalism gone mad

Comment

Are the effing mad?
                            7.30 there was a queue out side PC world in Brum city centre, couldn't get on websites until I tried John Lewis, they price match . Yes I know there are some bargins to be had, Ipad mini 1 at £150 and 2 at £209 but mostly these things are manipulated to make us feel as if the retailers have done us a favour. Come the glorious day all the capitalist Tory voting barstweards will be up against the wall

Comment

My friend has just called me and said that people are fighting outside Argos
                              Was that in Essex?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                                Are the effing mad?
                                7.30 there was a queue out side PC world in Brum city centre, couldn't get on websites until I tried John Lewis, they price match . Yes I know there are some bargins to be had, Ipad mini 1 at £150 and 2 at £209 but mostly these things are manipulated to make us feel as if the retailers have done us a favour. Come the glorious day all the capitalist Tory voting barstweards will be up against the wall
                                steady. I'm Tory. Capitalist? Hardly.....

Comment

Working...
                                X