GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Apocalypse: Advice Issued For End Of The World - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apocalypse: Advice Issued For End Of The World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocalypse: Advice Issued For End Of The World

Sky News:
    The end of the world has been predicted for December 21 and British authorities say they are prepared and have issued advice.

British authorities have insisted they are prepared for the looming apocalypse and have issued advice on how to cope. In the event that the world ends on December 21, the public should check the car, fit a smoke alarm and learn to make a fire......Apocalypse: Advice Issued For End Of The World
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Apocalypse: Advice Issued For End Of The World

If you don't learn how to make a Fire, then you wont need the Smoke Alarm!

:niddy
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's not very sensible of authorites to say something like this people will be in panic now . I mean if they can't make a fire

Comment

authorities want the people to panic thats the point. They love a bit of fear mongering.

If its the end of the world, why bother suriviving 2 more weeks of a slow death when you could just end it there and then

Comment

damn if the world is going to end, I better make sure I pay back everthing to the lenders. I would hate to leave this world owing the little loves anything

Comment

Am I missing something?
            It said it was tongue in cheek advice

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
              Am I missing something?
              It said it was tongue in cheek advice
              Ah but if it's made sky news it MUST be true

dont need to know about fire making though...find enough burning cars round here to keep us warm for months

although if it turned into a zombie breakout i'd better work on my cardio bits to be able to run a bit quicker
              Last edited by philnicandamy; 8 December 2012, 11:22.

Comment

See I knew you lived in lovely part of the world,
                So that avatar is to scare the small children away I take it

Oh and I only believe what I read in the Daily Mail
                Last edited by jon1965; 8 December 2012, 11:29.

Comment

See I knew you lived in lovely part of the world, as I said before I live but dont come from...hate scousers with a passion....
                  So that avatar is to scare the small children away I take it nope avi is a self portrait i'm just a miserable sod

Oh and I only believe what I read in the Daily Mail
                  baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

A lot of young kids and teenagers are committing suicide because of all the talk of the end of the world .

Comment

Without wanting to dismiss this can you provide a link to some reputable report?

A lot of young people sadly do commit suicide because the world is an awful place and getting worse. People do not care about anyone else anymore, they pick on anything they perceive as weakness, they judge and condemn.
                      Maybe this talk is enough to tip someone however I suspect it is not the cause

Comment

Without wanting to dismiss this can you provide a link to some reputable report?

A lot of young people sadly do commit suicide because the world is an awful place and getting worse. People do not care about anyone else anymore, they pick on anything they perceive as weakness, they judge and condemn.
                        Maybe this talk is enough to tip someone however I suspect it is not the cause
                        sure here is one and nasa receive email's from teenagers fearing end of world and are suicidal

http://www.2012hoax.org/

Comment

I would suspect that sad though any suicide is (and I had a great friend who did this) it is usually a combination . For the Indian girl all we know is that she had watched a TV program , and Isabel, well the report says "in part"

I am not dismissing the fear that vulnerable people may well feel however I am not sure if discussion helps as those that are convinced will only say that those of us who debunk are in on the conspiracy.
                          There are several members on this site who seem to believe in various conspiracies and that is perfectly ok
                          Lets not propagate the fear

Comment

I would suspect that sad though any suicide is (and I had a great friend who did this) it is usually a combination . For the Indian girl all we know is that she had watched a TV program , and Isabel, well the report says "in part"

I am not dismissing the fear that vulnerable people may well feel however I am not sure if discussion helps as those that are convinced will only say that those of us who debunk are in on the conspiracy.
                            There are several members on this site who seem to believe in various conspiracies and that is perfectly ok
                            Lets not propagate the fear

I know what you mean,my son's friend was 17 and took his own life he hung himself at school it still upsets my son and he is now 26 .

I do think this is all a hoax to be honest, but even with those sites that debunk it there are some who just want to believe it and will try to prove it's true.

ps i do believe some conspiracies , but with this one about the end of the world it just doesn't hold with me .
                            Last edited by Spent2much; 8 December 2012, 14:38.

Comment

Spent
                              Suicide is such a painful thing for those left behind. I had seen my friend about a week before and just thought he hadn't got his arse into gear that day and not showered or shaved. His poor partner has gone through all the what ifs in the world, what if I had sent him to the Dr etc etc . With a supreme sense of theatre he died on 11/11/11 and it was obviously well planned and well thought out. It is so very sad.
                              What makes it worse, I used to envy his confidence, self belief and huge circle of friends. he was the life and soul of any party or gathering .

So I wasn't having a go at all.
                              Sorry if it sounded that way

Comment

Working...
                              X