GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors closed by the SRA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors closed by the SRA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors closed by the SRA?

http://www.gpbsolicitors.co.uk/closed.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	3b5d8001.png
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1415400

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...ck/560888.page

9 October 2013

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has intervened into the practice of Mr Simon Andrew Clive Newbold, Ms Zakia Khalid and Mr Roy George at GPB Solicitors LLP based at GPB House, Arden Court, Arden Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6NT.

The current Practising Certificates of Mr Newbold, Ms Khalid and Mr George have been suspended as a result of the intervention decision, so they cannot practise as a solicitor.

The grounds of intervention for GPB Solicitors LLP and Mr Newbold, Ms Khalid and Mr George are:

• Reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of an employee of GPB Solicitors in connection with the practice
    • Failure to comply with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules 1998 and the SRA Accounts Rules 2011

An intervention means the SRA has closed a firm with immediate effect. We will stop the firm from operating, take possession of all documents and papers held by the firm (including clients' papers), and take possession of all money held by the firm (including clients' money). We are not responsible towards employees or trade creditors of firms that we have intervened in.

The SRA has appointed an agent to deal with all live matters currently being dealt with by GPB Solicitors. The agent will assess all on-going matters and deal with those of greatest need first. The SRA's archive team will take control of all other documents and archived files held by the firm.

Clients of GPB Solicitors who feel they have an urgent matter that needs attending to can contact the agent on 01274 703903 or by e-mailing gpb@gordonsllp.com. Clients who do not feel they have matters that need urgent attention do not need to contact either the agent or the SRA at this time.

At this stage of the SRA's work, no further details can be disclosed. It is only if disciplinary proceedings become necessary that any information is released into the public domain.

More on GPB Solicitors intervention

Disciplinary proceedings could either be a sanction carried out by the SRA if agreed by one its independent adjudicators, and could be as severe as a reprimand or a £2,000. If it is decided that a stiffer punishment is required, the SRA will prosecute the matter at the independent Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT). The SDT can levy fines of more than £2,000 and is the only body that can order a solicitor be removed from the Roll.
    Decision - Closure

Outcome: Intervention (Help for clients)
    Outcome date: 9 October 2013
    Published date: 9 October 2013
    Firm details

Firm name: GPB Solicitors LLP
    Trading as: GPB Solicitors LLP
    Firm address: GPB House, Arden Court, Arden Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6NT
    SRA ID: 560888

Decision details

This outcome was reached by SRA decision.

Decision details

The Committee decided to intervene into the practice of GPB Solicitors LLP.

Reasons/basis

The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 32(1)(a) of Schedule 2 to the Administration of Justice Act 1985 (as amended) that GPB Solicitors LLP has failed to comply with rules applicable to it by virtue of section 9 of that Act.

The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 32(1)(d) of Schedule 2 to the Administration of Justice Act 1985 (as amended) that there is reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of a employee of a recognised body in connection with that body's business, namely Mr Daniel Clarke, an employee of the firm, in connection with the firm’s business.

The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 1 (2) (a) of Schedule 14 of the Legal Services Act 2007 that one or more of the terms of the licensed body’s license have not been complied with.

The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 1 (2) (d) of Schedule 14 of the Legal Services Act 2007 that there was reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of any manager or employee of the licensed body namely Mr Daniel Clarke, an employee of the licensed body, in connection with that body’s business.

Intervening agents

John Owen of Gordons LLP, Forward House, 8 Duke Street, Bradford, BD1 3QX has been appointed as the intervening agent. For enquiries please call 01274 709516 or email john.owen@gordonsllp.com.
    Last edited by Riz; 10 October 2013, 07:34.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors closed by the SRA?

hope the rest of the letterhead for rent shysters are dribbling in their shiny shoes

Comment

Good to see them go but they where one of the easier ones to get rid of!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news but wish it had been Restons!

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          Great news but wish it had been Restons!
          Or Optima

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            hope the rest of the letterhead for rent shysters are dribbling in their shiny shoes
            You have such a way with words MrsD!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

glad i wont be getting anymore letters from them lol

Comment

Oh yes - I had such fun with this outfit when they went hunting for that delightful Iqor crew...
                Last edited by Batman; 7 November 2013, 15:01. Reason: Fussy

Comment

Working...
                X