GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

The MKDP £6440 I have not done a CCA for as I got back some PPI so I assume that Barclaycard had the agreement. I think I took it out in 2002 and defaulted in 2010 and I believe I paid a debt collector for a couple of years but cannot really remember. When I ran from my husband I took nothing with me so no paperwork trail until they found me again in 2013. I have not paid since then but every year send back the statement and they leave me alone for another year. They offered me a settlement of 3220 in 2015.

I have one with CABOT £3780. This was taken out with EGG in 2000 and paid until 2010. I asked for the original contract and they have sent a letter saying there is no paperwork as it was an online application and acceptance so they can only provide statements of accounts. They offered me a 30 % discount in 2015. I have paid nothing since 2013.

I have one with 1st credit taken out in 2006 online with MBNA. I have been sent the agreement which I used a tick box for signature. No PPI for that one. It is for £6530 defaulted in 2009 not paid the £1 a month since 2014 and they offered a 25% discount in 2015 which I could not afford. Again I fill in a financial thing each year and they leave me alone.

Thank you for replying. My sons are both autistic and I care for them full time so keen to rid myself of the worry of these.

Comment

• Barclaycard may not have a valid agreement for your debt with MKDP, they may just of checked past statements and sent you what they think they owed you.the large settlement reduction makes me think they have no paperwork, carry on as you are and post up here if you get anything else

the one with cabot, even though they say there is no paperwork whoever you took it out with will have an electronic copy, therefore if they have not sent you a copy they cannot enforce it, they may ask for payment but cannot enforce in court, I would carry on paying nothing till anything new happens, then post back here.

1st credit, carry on as you are, if they are not threatening you, i would be tempted to carry on as you are.

I am assuming you do not have a vast income to pay them much anyway, which could be why they are leaving you alone.

I know it is easier said than done when told, NOT TO WORRY, but that is what I an sugesting to you. relax enjouy the time with your sons, if you have any questions however silly you may think them, please come back here and ask them, someone will reply.

Best wishes Nightwatch xxx
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thank you very much for your advice and time xx

Comment

• Originally posted by debfro34 View Post
          The MKDP £6440 I have not done a CCA for as I got back some PPI so I assume that Barclaycard had the agreement. I think I took it out in 2002 and defaulted in 2010 and I believe I paid a debt collector for a couple of years but cannot really remember. When I ran from my husband I took nothing with me so no paperwork trail until they found me again in 2013. I have not paid since then but every year send back the statement and they leave me alone for another year. They offered me a settlement of 3220 in 2015.
          Hello debfro

Never assume Barclaycard have anything when it comes to paperwork! If you haven't seen it with you own eyes then it may not have happened. The fact you had a successful PPI reclaim doesn't mean that they had your compliant credit agreement - they may have had all the PPI information needed for the refund on your database file.

You have a couple of other debts which are making life miserable for you so why not start a Diary of them and then the forum can help you with those too. Having it all in one place will make you feel you're in control of the situation instead of the situation controlling you. It'll be your personal thread where you can unload when the going gets tough.

Here's an example of how a Diary thread works so you can see the support you'll get from the community as each letter or phone call arrives > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...man-s-ue-diary

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• Hi everyone I'm hoping you can help. Have received letter saying Barclaycard dept has been transferred to Hoist and Robinson Way will be dealing with. Not sure what to do as don't want bailiffs at door? Is this letter serious? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

• nothing to wory about, Barclays are just passing the debt along to Hoist and letting you know, expect a lot of calls from Robinson way, I often tell them I'm not here,
                have you had a CCA for this account?

Ps, they can't send in baliffs unless it's been to court,you have a CCJ and havent paid it,
                Last edited by nightwatch; 31 August 2017, 18:28. Reason: ps.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Don't stress, Barclaycard refunded my PPI, passed account around as in your case, but could not provide a compliant cca, thanks to Niddy, this went all the way through FOS, we won! Don't assume that have the relevant paperwork, took years of fighting. Just sit it out and take advice from members.

Comment

• Thank you both for quick response. It's my partners account. He doesn't remember how long ago he took it out but seems to have ignored it for at least 4 years by the looks of it. He doesn't know if he has ever had a CCA so not sure what the best option would be at this stage? Apologies for lack of info. Partner has recently suffered the loss of his child in the last year, as a result has suffered from severe depression and understandably not coping very well.. he can't remember much at the mo.

Comment

• No threats at the moment, just ignore for now, as said, don't stress!

Comment

• I have recently received similar
                        Letter from Hoist stating Barclaycard had assigned them. Then letter from RW advising Hoist had assigned them and requesting payment.
                        Another letter yesterday offering a payment arrangement or offer of a lesser amount.. All letters ignored and filed

original creditor. Egg
                        last payment. Jan 2012

Comment

• Continue to ignore, no threats.

Comment

• I received another one today confirming the email address they have for me. Saying I need to call then to discuss payment arrangements and if I don't I could be issued with a CCJ. What does ignoring this achieve please? Really don't want to ruin chances of purchasing own property in future. What should I do now? Thanks.

Comment

• Ignoring these letters is the best way forward. Once you get anything such as a letter before action please post, at the moment all that they are doing is trying to stress you out in the hope that you make contact. Please don't talk to them, e mail them or write to them, I have played this game for years now, all but one debt is now statute barred and the one remaining is unenforceable. This forum is the best out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad123 View Post
                                I received another one today confirming the email address they have for me. Saying I need to call then to discuss payment arrangements and if I don't I could be issued with a CCJ. What does ignoring this achieve please? Really don't want to ruin chances of purchasing own property in future. What should I do now? Thanks.
                                If he has ignored it for 4 (possibly more) years then he is about 2 years from it being statute barred which is the point where they cannot get a judgement even if they tried to take you to court. Ignoring buys time to this point and a lot of the time all they will do is send you letters threatening fire and end of the world if you do not pay which are designed to scare you into contacting them and either paying a very small amount or resetting in you admitting the debt and resettimng it that way. They also send you letters with scary headings in big red capital letters which are just another in the set of templates that they send.
                                Just post here when he gets the next letter and people will have an idea as to if you should ignore it or if a carefully written template from here should be sent, these are designed NOT to admit the debt, but the longer you are able to wait the closer to statute barred you will be.

When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                                X