GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be going into detail anyway but I was thinking of referring them back to a letter sent to robbo way which explained the ue MKDP letter and then simply finish with the lba response asking for docs

Keep it simple but state my position. They cannot say I didn't tell them
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Rob Way / Hoist / MKDP = the same. You don't need to tell them anything mate. They already know everything.

I'm struggling to spell it out here
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its not so much struggling.......I can hear you shouting !!!!! Loudly !!!!!!

Its about taking the correct approach so it can be seen that I/anybody have taken the time to tell them and they still plough ahead regardless

It is my belief that they probably will issue anyway, I just need to "behave" correctly for maximum effect
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide. Just be careful as sending a reply giving them 14 days to respond is giving them a licence to get a recon and fulfil s.78 then issue a claim a day later.

Post claim only gives them limited time to remedy but the key - you have a defence.

Imagine your horror if they remedy then issue a claim on the back of the good recon? You'd be gutted.

I'll leave it there but I set AAD up to protect debtors. I ain't changing my position now so if you think I'm speaking shit then just look around you mate. But if it was me I would not be responding. As it stands you're in a very strong position. Each move you make adds an element of risk.

Over & out. Good luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
            Its about taking the correct approach so it can be seen that I/anybody have taken the time to tell them and they still plough ahead regardless
            You don't need to prove anything to anyone mate. Your silence is benefitting you. Each response adds risk.

See my last post.

Comment

There is no chance of me thinking you are talking crap

A good point well made with regard to timescales, Thank you Niddy

( Spud hope Niddy will see it as a joke )

Comment

I was thinking of referring them back to a letter sent to robbo way which explained the ue MKDP letter and then simply finish with the lba response asking for docs

Keep it simple but state my position. They cannot say I didn't tell them
                That's exactly what I would do. Why not enclose the MKDP letter of admission that the debt it UE not the one you sent to Robinson Way (or both if you fancy it).

If you don't tell them your position (without going into too much detail) prior to legal proceedings being issued then you are risking legal costs.

although I must admit I do kind of enjoy fighting court cases
                Me too. In fact I'm more competitive than Andy Murray's mother when it comes to winning.

However no outcome is guaranteed so why invite trouble if you can avoid it?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  If you don't tell them your position (without going into too much detail) prior to legal proceedings being issued then you are risking legal costs.
                  Not with Jo he doesn't

If I was you I'd check what Jo says. I think you'll find she and I think alike - tactic wins.

Yes, you like to keep records / paper trails but the BEST cases are those where a debtor has ignored all letters as we know they haven't messed anything up. Plus, you won't see anyone on AAD ever get hit with opponents costs.

As it stands, he has a solid defence. Replying jeopardises all that. You should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    You should know better.
                    Never ignore a Letter Before Action from a solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Never ignore a Letter before Action from a solicitor.
                      Says who?

In context it's fine. The letter gave him 10 days which expired prior to receiving the letter so replying is futile. This isn't a traditional fight. He has a letter confirming it's UE / no agreement and he's already out of time to their demand that the DCA had no right to pass to legal in the first place as they confirmed they can't enforce it.

Bigger picture. Think outside the box.

Comment

And there I was just airing my dirty laundry on AAD as this big storm erupted around me

Comment

We just do things differently. Usually I'd agree, an LBA is best. But here - with this specific case I say it could cause more damage. Had you got the letter a few days earlier than the deadline then I'd possibly go with sending them a copy of their admission it's UE but as things stand right now; why bother?

Just date the envelope of the LBA received by the way. You may need that later in any defence.

Its your call whatever you do mate. I'm just putting the facts out there to think about. It's not a one answer fits all, in this extreme situation I think you know what I'd do. What you do however, is your call.

Comment

I have to admit that what you have said, And thinking of the bigger picture is very sensible......Even though it goes against the conventional way of thinking

I can see what you are saying in regard to timescales and rectification etc

Comment

I have to admit that what you have said, And thinking of the bigger picture is very sensible......Even though it goes against the conventional way of thinking

I can see what you are saying in regard to timescales and rectification etc
                              Hi,

Just got same letter from Howard and his pals. Notice of Pending Legal Action. Dated 24th February 2016 so 10 days have gone already last weekend.
                              Their "client" got my CCA request last December to which they have responded firstly that they acknowledge my request but need to contact original creditor and subsequently sent over another letter asking me to request CCA in writing (well, request been sent by signed-in post, so they must have been on a high).
                              On top of that, I reckon the account in question is SB since beginning of this year.

What have you decided?
                              I reckon sending back any letter is now pointless as am now, as you, past the deadline to respond to them and should expect claim coming as an Easter present...
                              Side note: what sort of solicitor does not give you a chance to respond by playing nasty with dates? - is it even legit? I mean, there must be some sort of code of conduct for them prohibiting them from such tricks?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jadex; 7 March 2016, 14:37.

Comment

Very interesting

I would not want to say too much on a public thread, I might open a thread in AAD+ away from prying eyes where we could discuss it further

There are codes of conduct to stop just what they are doing......That's why tactics are now important

What I would advise is not to reply to Howard Cohen / Robinson Way at this time until we have had a pair of legal eyes look over this matter
                                Last edited by Spud; 7 March 2016, 16:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X