GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Thank you, its interesting to have a sort of idea of what they actually do get when they buy a load. it appears to be less than I had expected them to be passed
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

The amount that a debt is purchased for by a DCA will be calculated on the probability of collecting it.

In view of the continued success on here, I think any prospective debt purchaser might be put off buying an account if they were informed that the account holder is a member of AAD!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
        The amount that a debt is purchased for by a DCA will be calculated on the probability of collecting it.

In view of the continued success on here, I think any prospective debt purchaser might be put off buying an account if they were informed that the account holder is a member of AAD!
        Perhaps they need another field for their database called AAD and only offer those debts at £0.01 in the £ to high risk purchasers - hell, they may even get some people deciding to do a f&f at that rate
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

That might be how it used to work. Nowadays they buy a total debt package. For instance they'll be offered 10,000 toxic-accounts for 28p in the £1 and they'll negotiate a final price or they'll be offered the file of accounts for a set fee of £X per disk.

But it usually all done on the total disk purchased. They don't care about adding 100 AADers to the portfolio of 10,000 toxic accounts as 9900 paying, takes into account the 100 AADers. for example.

The national average was last known to be around 8-14p in the £1 for toxic accounts.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Latest update from me on the Barclaycard/Hoist/Robinson Way train.....

Rob Way still waiting to hear back from the OC.

Fine by me as the clock is ticking..........
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lets hope they "come a cropper" searching around in that dark wet dingy cellar.......I have heard that the stairs are quite slippery
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Afternoon folks,

refers to post #34 again. Tesco

Another letter from robbersway. Settlement offer available, contact them to pay a reduced amount giving £2000 discount.
                Options they have to consider, whether to advise Howard Cohen & co to commence legal action or further collection activity, letters and calls. blah blah

Think I will ignore this one too but feel free to say otherwise.

Many thanks for all the support freely given.

After reading the rest of the posts here, i`m not sure now if I should be sending this lot a new CCA request or still ignore them.

************************************************** ***********************
                OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
                TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
                  Options they have to consider, whether to advise Howard Cohen & co to commence legal action or further collection activity, letters and calls. blah blah

Think I will ignore this one too but feel free to say otherwise. . . .

After reading the rest of the posts here, i`m not sure now if I should be sending this lot a new CCA request or still ignore them.

I've replied on your own Diary thread. I believe this £8k debt has been deemed by Niddy in response to your CCA request to Halifax in 2012.

Wait to see what he advises in case there's a chance that Hoist won't get the same enforceable agreement four years later when faced with a new CCA request.

When is this debt due to go SB?

Also this thread is aimed at ex-Barclaycard debts which were sold to MKDP before being taken over by Hoist. Your debt is ex-Halifax.

Plan B x

Comment

Hello all

After a quiet spell, I have just had letter from RW (they were kind enough to send me a text message before to say that they had sent me a letter)!

The letter says that they have noticed I am making payments to my other creditors (which I am) but not them .

They go on to say they may send one of their Field Contact Managers, refer the account for a CCJ, report to the CRAs that no payment is being made or make phone calls to anywhere (including work).

They do say that if they intend to send a Field Manager or take legal action they will let me know.

Annoyingly, BC did not default me until nearly 9 months after the notice. Most of my other debts will come off my file in September of this year, but this one is going to stick around a while longer.

Once again, I will ignore, but just a head's up that they may be starting a new campaign.

FB

Comment

Barclays took 10 months to register a default on mine too, they're gits for doing this!

I'd be clear by the end of October otherwise.
                      Last edited by marypoppins; 1 May 2016, 11:13.

Comment

Barclays took 10 months to register a default on mine too, their gits for doing this!

I'd be clear by the end of October otherwise.
                        Same... They took ages with my hubby too... gits!
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraigh View Post
                          Same... They took ages with my hubby too... gits!
                          Me Too
                          Helmsman

Comment

Hello again.

Just had another letter from RW to say that they know I am making payments towards my other creditors and they want me to make payments too!

They offered 3 different payment options ranging from £8.14 - £18.09 per month or to tell them what I can afford. They also say if I have a lump sum they can offer a significant discount!

Has anyone else received a similar letter?

FB

Comment

I had one from them when I paid off a store card, I just ignored them x

Comment

Received court summon this morning
                                Account is UE and SB but that didn't stop Howard and his pals plus they also added over £1k as interest

Now, where do I post my case (am AAD+ member) and who will eat them before the breakfast (cos that's all they deserve - to be eaten alive)?

Comment

Working...
                                X