GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Thank you Plan B,
    claim was stayed for 4 years!!
    i think I filled a holding defence as there were no documentation given to me that were mentioned in the original POC on the court papers!
    They issued a claim without having any docs mentioned in the claim.
    pretty sure the recon they sent a year after they issued a claim was unenforceable! Wrong address on it and couldn't read the terms!
    default was not sent by BC but sent by Mercers!
    The reason I was going to send a CCA request was just to buy time!! In case they argue that SB clock started when BC sold the acc which was Feb/march 2011!
    last payment was sept/oct 2010

ive got the original CCA which I got from BC without mkdp knowing about it! An application form!
    they Mkdp/BC obviously made a recon at a newer address which I wasn't living at when I originally opened the account!

Comment

Chaplin,

Don't do anything here. Silence is golden - if they issue a claim or try anything dodgy let me know. Do not respond to them without running it past us as you're in the driving seat here; as detailed above.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy, just found the discontinued letter dated Dec 15!!
        for some reason can't log in on my laptop but can on my phone so couldn't open your PM!

Comment

Strange - on your phone scroll to very bottom - click view full site version and it'll look the same as a laptop. Site working fine.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think I'm putting the wrong password in when I log in on my laptop! My phone remembers the log in details�� Told ya my memory was poop

Comment

Guys is it worth me checking one of the credit ratings agencies just in case mk issued another default notice after buying the debt from BC?
              they might have added another DN which I'm sure they should not do! But when do DC play by the rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplin View Post
                Guys is it worth me checking one of the credit ratings agencies just in case mk issued another default notice after buying the debt from BC?
                they might have added another DN which I'm sure they should not do! But when do DC play by the rules!
                Hi Chaplin, advice on here is to leave the credit reference agencies well alone because any activity can possible alert the DCA's.

I wouldn't be doing anything unless something came through the letterbox which you are concerned about. Listen to what PlanB said previously, she knows her stuff!

Do you have a copy of an old credit file showing when the default was originally registered?

You're right, they shouldn't register another. The problem I had was that they registered mine a long time after I defaulted which means for me, another 10ish months of waiting for my final default to go off my file.

I should be clean at the end of this month, fingers crossed!

Comment

All my defaults have now gone from my credit file. Not that I want credit. It just feels good x
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done NW! I don't have a clue if my defaults have come off though I made a note way back at the beginning when they were added so most of them should have disappeared by now. I ordered a new phone yesterday (not one of the latest models but still around £250) and I was accepted, paying monthly alongside my usage tariff. I had simo before but I dropped my phone and completely smashed it

Anyway, I digress. Chaplin, don't look at your CRA files. It is likely to awaken sleeping dogs.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers guys! Leaving the CRA alone! I've not looked at my CR for about 8 years!
                      pretty sure Mercer's DN was oct 2010, no direct BC DN.

Comment

Mercers would change the owner info on it from BC once purchased BUT the date of DN has to remain as original date

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplin View Post
                          is it worth me checking one of the credit ratings agencies just in case mk issued another default notice after buying the debt from BC?
                          they might have added another DN which I'm sure they should not do!
                          MKDP can't/couldn't issue a DN since they're not a 'credit giver'.

A DN is a Notice telling you that you've not kept to the terms of your agreement. The DN then tells you how to remedy the problem (pay the arrears due under the contract) and if you do (remedy) the contract will continue as if nothing has happened. If you don't (remedy) the contract will be terminated.

So MKDP can't issue a DN because they are/were not in a position to reopen your credit agreement. They would have needed to send you a new card if that were the case. They're simply not allowed to do that (the FCA can confirm).

Mind you PRA went through a phase of issuing DNs in the hope debtors and DJs wouldn't know they were invalid *sigh*.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Chaplin

Please don't confuse the receipt a Default Notice, which is a requirement under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act (as described by Plan B above), and a default registered with the Credit Reference Agencies.

The are completely different and independent things. You can receive a DN, but not have a default registered with the CRA's for months after, and vice versa.

When it comes to SB, if you're using the DN as the cause of action, its the one you would have received in the post, that is important, NOT what is recorded with the CRA's.
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

well RW have just phoned asking to talk to me, said sorry but no, everything is to be in writing only, thank you for calling, bye
                              would of been blocked by truecall unit but OH had turned it off,

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                well RW have just phoned asking to talk to me, said sorry but no, everything is to be in writing only, thank you for calling, bye
                                would of been blocked by truecall unit but OH had turned it off,
                                and they called again today

Comment

Working...
                                X