GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by Feline13 View Post
    I don't mind setting up a payment plan as I'm quite bored of running from these debts now
    We're not bored of fighting the banks, creditors and debt purchasers

Tell us how much is owed on each (credit card and overdraft).

Plan B x

Comment

On 11/02/16 I recieved two letters from MKDP saying the accounts had been sold to hoist portfolio
      One for £8,800 the other for £3,700

Then on the 15/02/16 I recieved another two letters both envelopes had two parts to them.
      1.One with Robinson way heading it followed by 4 payment options.

2.The other part headed by hoist portfolio,this one says notice of assignment.
      Our posts crossed

So we now know that these two debts are owned by Hoist and not MKDP.

It seems as if you've received a NOA i.e a "Goodbye" letter from MKDP and a "Hello" letter from Hoist and Robinson Way as their agent.

If I were you I'd dig out all the paperwork you've got to establish when you last paid anything to either of these debts. That would be my starting point.

Have you ever sent HSBC or anyone who has chased you in the past a s 77-79 CCA request?

Plan B x

Comment

No I have never sent any form of letter answered any phone calls or emails since I stopped using hsbc. The don't have my new number or email now btw.

I think my biggest problem is going to be finding my account details and old letters.
        I thought it was a good idea to throw a lot of them away but I'm sure I can get my hands on something still hidden away.

Comment

I have received letters giving me 4 options to set up payment for these debts.from mkdp/Robson way
          If you're satisfied that those two letters are simply NOAs then there's no need to reply just yet.

Robinson Way will continue to write to you so let's see what the next letter says.

If they are ignored for too long then they may instruct Howard Cohen solicitors to chase you so it makes sense to try to establish when you made your last payment to these accounts in case they're SB already or soon - can you check your old bank statements?

To get an accurate answer you may wish to send a Subject Access Request to HSBC. If you do that now you'll be fully prepared for any legal situation which may arise in future. You might as well know the good/bad news sooner rather than later so you can decide how to manage this situation.

Here is the AAD SAR template letter > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040

Plan B x

Comment

Yeah looks contact hsbc and find out the dates is my only option. Even then all I can give them is my personal details. I don't know any account numbers or anything. So not sure if they will talk to me.

Plus if it's coming up to the 6 years. May be worth holding out rather than holding my hands up to the debt so late on.

What a mess ...

Comment

Yeah looks contact hsbc and find out the dates is my only option. . . . .

Plus if it's coming up to the 6 years. May be worth holding out rather than holding my hands up to the debt so late on.
              HSBC no longer own the debt. They sold it to MKDP who then assigned it to Hoist.

So a SAR to HSBC shouldn't do you any damage since Hoist won't know you've sent it.

Also a SAR doesn't acknowledge a debt for the purpose of statute barred.

Plan B x

Comment

Righto. That sounds like a plan to me. I'll get that sorted this week and see what happens.

Thanks again. And I'll post again if I get anything else through

Comment

Robinson Way letter received (both mine and OH's card) - I expect this is their latest template letter

NO MINIMUM PAYMENT REQUIRED - AVERAGE PAYMENT PLAN £17 PER MONTH.

Nothing at all threatening just telling me all the good reasons I should pay them - No interest or charges so debt reduces, credit file will be updated showing reducing default balance and no more collection letters and calls.

Take control today, contact us before 26/2 to tell us what YOU can AFFORD.

Comment

So it doesn't get lost in the long thread!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Hi

Regards the issues with Hoist & Cabot - and all previous posts made by me on this; having discussed this in detail with our Solicitor we would suggest you follow the process below. Please remember that the below is generic designed to help protect you from certain actions. As each case may be different, try and use common sense before proceeding with any next steps - if unsure then send me a PM. Click HERE to PM me.
                    Option 1 - CCA Sent in the past which was Unenforceable / Incomplete
                    In this situation it would be wise to leave things well alone and literally respond with a simple 'this is in dispute' template. The template to send is HERE

Option 2 - CCA Sent in the past which was Enforceable and remains with the same DCA as the last CCA Request
                    In this situation it would be wise to send a new CCA Request to the DCA unless you did one in the last 90 days, in which case you need to determine whether writing back is wise or not. So if the CCA was last requested within the last 3 months then I'd suggest you update your diary and PM me so I can check things for you. If however you last sent a CCA request over 3 months ago, send another (to the DCA). Template to send is HERE

Option 3 - CCA Sent in the past which was Enforceable and has been sold to a new DCA since your last CCA Request
                    In this situation it would be wise to reissue a new CCA Request to the new DCA as documents do get lost in translation so what was once EN / UE, may no longer be. Template to send is HERE

Option 4 - No CCA ever sent
                    If you have never sent a CCA Request then do one asap! This would be sent to the DCA with a £1 fee. Template to send is HERE

Additional - SAR Request to Original Creditor

For all cases above, if you have not requested SAR from the Original Creditor then it would be wise to send a request (it costs £10) - this will save time long term but only do this if the DCA (Cabot or Hoist Portfolio) have written to say they've sold the account to Restons / PRA / Shoosmiths. Template to send is HERE

Additional - LBA Response to solicitor acting for Hoist / Cabot

This is a new template specifically designed to respond to a legal threat from Hoist or Cabot's law firm (PRA / Restons / Shoosmiths). Only send this if you get an LBA from one of the solicitor firms mentioned. ** LBA TEMPLATE **

I hope the above makes sense but if not please PM me. I do not want to discuss tactics publicly here where the solicitors named herein are known to browse AAD
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                      Robinson Way letter received (both mine and OH's card) - I expect this is their latest template letter

NO MINIMUM PAYMENT REQUIRED
                      Well if this is what they have said then I would take them at their word and pay nothing!
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                        Well if this is what they have said then I would take them at their word and pay nothing!
                        But if you Nothing as they request you are admitting to the Nothing Debt.
                        I think their logic is infecious! Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

NO MINIMUM PAYMENT REQUIRED - AVERAGE PAYMENT PLAN £17 PER MONTH.

Nothing at all threatening just telling me all the good reasons I should pay them - No interest or charges so debt reduces, credit file will be updated showing reducing default balance and no more collection letters and calls.

Take control today, contact us before 26/2 to tell us what YOU can AFFORD.
                          That's very very nice of them. The little tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            But if you Nothing as they request you are admitting to the Nothing Debt.
                            I think their logic is infecious! Doh!
                            You don't admit or acknowledge anything - you just pay nothing

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hoist have been assigned my Tesco cc with RobWay managing the account.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                Hoist have been assigned my Tesco cc with RobWay managing the account.
                                Snap, same here x

Comment

Working...
                                X