GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: stuffthebanks' UE diary

Thanks Pixie, PB,
    Sorry, it was the missing prescribed terms template....
    The cover letter just confirmed that they have enclosed the documents as i requested, and finisshed off by them requesting i phone them to discuss my account......
    I know that the original debt was only £830, MKDP bought it for way less....so in the scheme of things its a very small amount.......i just want to ensure i carry on doing it by the book until they show some teeth....
    Thanks again for the replies, i really appreciate your input...

Thanks.
    Steve

Comment

[QUOTE=stuffthebanks;507422]Barclaycard
      Started:25/5/2005
      Balance:£830
      Last payment:Feb 2012
      27/2/14...Received today letters from Barclaycard saying they have sold account to MKDP and a letter also from MKDP confirming they are now going to hound me....
      I will be sending the account sold in dispute template to MKDP i think?
      12/3/14.......Letter received today from MKDP acknowledging receipt of my last letter.
      They are unable to process my request for a CCA because i have not paid the £1.00 fee.
      If i send £1.00 they will request the info from Barclay's.
      I am thinking send them back a short, please read the contents of my last letter and it will explain that i am in dispute because i have already paid the £1.00 but Barclaycard have failed to provide me with all of the documentation requested.
      Anyone have any other way to go.

17/3/14....Reply back from MKDP today.They have confirmation back from Barclaycard that my section 78 request was fully complied with in 2012.
      Now what they sent in 2012 was a whole load of terms that that were not connected directly with my agreement, which was not sent with the terms.
      They sent my agreement on its own at the end of 2013.
      So a white lie by Barclaycard, because it was not fully complied with in 2012.
      Not sure on what to send next, i was thinking another short one along the lines of....Please be aware that Barclaycard are lying tossers, and did not and have not fully complied with my section 78 request.
      Anyone got any more sensible and more official ways in which to respond????
      Thanks in advance for looking.
      25/5/15...Reconstituted copy of terms and conditions received from MKDP..... Nidd's advised to send MKDP missing t&c's template letter...
      6-6-15 ........Another set of terms and conditions received from MKDP........SAME as last ones ....only difference is.....they have sent them on blown up A5 paper.......
      I am thinking of sending another missing t&c's template.......Any advice most gratefully received.....

*********UPDATE***********

9-6-15 .....Just received the following email from MKDP..........Any advice please on my response.....

You have made reference to the prescribed terms under section 60, please note all relevant terms are enclosed in the documentation previously supplied to you. Therefore we do not believe that any issue of unenforceability arises.

We can also confirm that we have spoken to an employee of Barclaycard who has confirmed that in accordance with the information stored on their systems and in line with their procedures, a properly executed agreement was in place in accordance with Section 61 (1) of the Consumer Credit act 1974.

There is no requirement to provide you with an original signed copy of the executed agreement. Our obligation is satisfied by providing you with a reconstituted copy which is legible. As you are aware we have provided you with a copy previously.

At this time we do not regard the account as in dispute. We will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss your account.

MKDP LLP are committed to ensure our customers receive a high standard of customer service at all times and we therefore kindly ask you to contact our collections team on 0330 3001004 to discuss your account.

/QUOTE]
      Steve

Comment

It seems that they've taken one sentence of the Missing Prescribed Terms template to show that they've complied and ignored the rest. I would send the template again and highlight the last few sentences which mention terms and conditions.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Pixie........
          I will do just that, send back template with highlighted last couple of sentences.....

Thanks again......very much appreciated......
          Steve

Comment

Hello all, a very good afternoon to you....
            12-6-15 ...An update on post #392...
            Telephone call yesterday from MKRR... ignored and blocked...., and letter received today from MKRR,whom i know are all part of the Campo group....same blood sucking scum....
            Regardless of attempts by phone and letter they have still not received my offer of payment....
            The rest goes on to say they want to help reduce the debt and may need to take further action to resolve.....

I know this debt is piddling compared to what some of you guys have to deal with, and i know in the scheme of things i have no worries, which i don't by the way, well not with this one........But on this particular debt i have no real idea as to how good a case i have to fight it.
            Just looking ahead really, if i have a good case i will go as far as it takes.....but if there is a chance its on ropey ground then i need to weigh up the options...
            Go to court and get a ccj and end up paying back the full amount of £800 odd pounds, or push it some more and then make a final offer for around the figure they bought the debt off Barclays.....
            Or stick with it and pay nowt......

What do you guys reckon????

Thanks in advance, and hope you all have a nice weekend.....
            Steve

Comment

If they issue a claim we'll help you get the best deal / course of action. Try not to worry.

If you're satisfied they're in default then just await their next letter. Your Usual responses will now be along the lines of "as per previous correspondence, I believe that this account is unenforceable and until a signed copy or suitable recon is received then my stance remains"

Kinda thing
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                If they issue a claim we'll help you get the best deal / course of action. Try not to worry.

If you're satisfied they're in default then just await their next letter. Your Usual responses will now be along the lines of "as per previous correspondence, I believe that this account is unenforceable and until a signed copy or suitable recon is received then my stance remains"

Kinda thing
                Cheers Nidd's, thanks for taking the time to reply mate.....

Enjoy your weekend....

As far as to how satisfied i am they are in default........i have no idea......All i know is that they have sent recostitued terms and that is my basis of how i fight.....
                Steve

Comment

From memory the terms didn't seem to tally with the original agreement. I'd not worry it's a small debt really.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Never worry with you guys in support.......
                    Cheers again mate.....
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      From memory the terms didn't seem to tally with the original agreement. I'd not worry it's a small debt really.
                      Bow my head to you fella, you have some memory.....
                      I looked through the terms and spotted a reference on the repayments section that refers to accounts on or after 2010...........
                      Now i may be thick, but a true copy, recon or not has to be as original?????
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
                        Bow my head to you fella, you have some memory.....
                        I looked through the terms and spotted a reference on the repayments section that refers to accounts on or after 2010...........
                        Now i may be thick, but a true copy, recon or not has to be as original?????
                        Haha - see?

Basically they must send a copy as was, plus any variations. All you got was variable terms, not those (or a recon) as per those from outset

Comment

Nidd's, i reckon you and Clever clogs are the same person.......
                          Steve

Comment

Nidd's, i reckon you and Clever clogs are the same person.......
                            Clevercloggs will argue that in his own way!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

and letter received today from MKRR,whom i know are all part of the Campo group....same blood sucking scum....
                              Regardless of attempts by phone and letter they have still not received my offer of payment....
                              The rest goes on to say they want to help reduce the debt and may need to take further action to resolve...
                              It seems MKDP have grown tired of arguing with you so they've escalated it to MKRR.

Although they are part of the same group they act independently which means they either don't know or pretend not to know the history of your dealings with MKDP. This is good in some ways because you can start the letter cycle again when appropriate.

I agree with what's been said. Since they've merely introduced themselves and not threatened anything there's probably no need to reply. Their next letter is likely to be more stroppy and may well need a response but not yet. The letter writing process may then continue for a while before your account will be sent to Raven Recoveries where the whole cycle starts again.

I've been to court against MKDP recently and they managed to produce documents at the eleventh hour (albeit they still lost). So I wouldn't get overly excited about what cards they are holding at the moment because that could change at any time. However what they can't do is come up with a recon of a document which wasn't properly executed in the first place.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                Clevercloggs will argue that in his own way!
                                Never known Cloggy to play it any other way.......
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X