GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello freedom fighters.....
    It has been a long time since my last update.
    I have a question ?, if I may?
    My last debt owed from 2004, original creditor Sainsbury's bank, debt sold many times, now it's just transferred to Capquest.
    So, it's around 19 years old, about £2000 still owed, I'm wondering if it's worth requesting the original credit agreement to see it they are able to supply.
    Without this I would write this off my payment list.
    The payments are still going to Drysden who service debt.
    Any advice would be welcome.
    Cheers as always
    Steve
    Steve

Comment

• » CCA Request send £1,00 postal order get proof posting - (Cash cow comes to mind)? maybe!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Been sold many times - certainly worth a CCA74 request.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          » CCA Request send £1,00 postal order get proof posting - (Cash cow comes to mind)? maybe!

I can't find your Diary entry for this Debt!

In my case Sainsbury threaten but actually never issue a Default Notice it was sold without a Default Notice
          Another Bank did something stupid issued a DN and sold before the final DN date!

I would also send SAR to Sainsbury!

Comment

• Hi Steve
            Have you ever sent a cca request before?

My guess is they don’t have a hope in hell but you never know.

Comment

• CCA Request & Proof of Default ??????????????????
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

I can't find your Diary entry for this Debt!

In my case Sainsbury threaten but actually never issue a Default Notice it was sold without a Default Notice
                Another Bank did something stupid issued a DN and sold before the final DN date!

I would also send SAR to Sainsbury!
                under another thread no diary though?

Comment

• Blown away and very appreciative of the replies.
                  I did request an SAR from Sainsbury's very early on when they still owned the debt.
                  Niddy looked at the CCA and said it was all enforceable.
                  That was over 10 years ago.
                  I have not requested any proof of CCA from any of the subsequent debtors.
                  I Don't remember receiving any proof of default, but I am going back a long time ago.
                  CCA request will be posted a.s.a.p.

Thanks again everyone for the excellent advice.

Steve

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
                    Blown away and very appreciative of the replies.
                    I did request an SAR from Sainsbury's very early on when they still owned the debt.
                    Niddy looked at the CCA and said it was all enforceable.
                    That was over 10 years ago.
                    I have not requested any proof of CCA from any of the subsequent debtors.
                    I Don't remember receiving any proof of default, but I am going back a long time ago.
                    CCA request will be posted a.s.a.p.

Thanks again everyone for the excellent advice.

Steve
                    There is no limitation on the number of S.78 Requests you make! Don't forget £1 and obviously proof of postage.
                    Same applies to SAR request to Sainsbury's

A Diary would help explain ".. debt sold many times, now it's just transferred to Capquest. .." I presume these were assignments?
                    Assignment chains of course creates problems because if the Seller lacks FCA Authorisation or NOT (sic you cannot pass on a good title if you do not have a good title)
                    You need to know the names of these assignees !!
                    You really could help yourself and AAD with some homework here to produce a Diary!

Comment

• Morning Roger,
                      Looking back at my diary no Sainsbury's posts submitted.
                      This was because Niddy confirmed early on it was enforceable.
                      I basically concentrated on the ones I could fight.
                      From memory, which fades with age, all of my debts were defaulted around 2007/2008.
                      All of my loans and cards were taken out around 2003/2004.
                      I am certain the Sainsbury's debt has changed hands on several occasions, and from memory each one an assignment.
                      The one constant is Drysden F. have remained the solicitor serving the debt.
                      It's unfortunate I haven't been proactive enough on keeping an eye on this one.
                      I will be sending CCA to Capquest this weekend, and will update as soon as I get a response.

Thanks again for the valuable advice.

Steve
                      Steve

Comment

• Hi Steve

What might appear as assignments (selling of debt) could be simpler than that.
                        1) There has been a lot of consolidation within the debt purchasing sector of the past few years for example MKDP no longer, Hoist sold to Lowell, Hillesden sold- I think to Cabot. Indeed Capquest are I think owned by Arrow.
                        2)Then each of these has several debt collecting brands. Debts get passed from one branding to another without actually being sold.

So what may appear like selling is a mix of mergers/acquisitions and farming out to different DCA's

Just because Niddy says an agreement is EN, doesn't always mean it is. I had £5K with RBS that was EN but was written off by Cabot, a further £15K with MBNA that had a EN CCA but went SB - there were bad DN's and assignment issues I suspect but I have had over 40K go SB . My very first was as I started my journey. I received a LBA, by accident sent out a CCA request and never heard from them again- was only £500 but 'every little helps'.

And before you ask, they are Pat does not have, and never will have a diary for all to see on here - it is completely irrelevant now as they are all long SB.

I am a true believer in the old AAD way (with a few tweaks as legislation changes). I effectively used CPUTR to ask straight out if they had the original of an agreement- put them off.

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...cag-cputr-2008 Old but still useful

Comment

• Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
                          Morning Roger,
                          Looking back at my diary no Sainsbury's posts submitted.
                          This was because Niddy confirmed early on it was enforceable.
                          I basically concentrated on the ones I could fight.
                          From memory, which fades with age, all of my debts were defaulted around 2007/2008.
                          All of my loans and cards were taken out around 2003/2004.
                          I am certain the Sainsbury's debt has changed hands on several occasions, and from memory each one an assignment.
                          The one constant is Drysden F. have remained the solicitor serving the debt.
                          It's unfortunate I haven't been proactive enough on keeping an eye on this one.
                          I will be sending CCA to Capquest this weekend, and will update as soon as I get a response.

Thanks again for the valuable advice.

Steve
                          And Pat
                          Pops up again but ".. Pat does not have, and never will have a diary for all to see on here .."
                          "..I am a true believer in the old AAD way .."
                          ".. CPUTR .." well yes for the original agreement did work at one time
                          BUT tactics have changed really since the LBC popped up!

???????Old Dog NEW tricks comes to mind!

Steve
                          The S.78 is a one trick pony if you take my meaning! Those early 2000 years have lots of issues other than CCA
                          A Diary even now that has blanks to be filled in will help.
                          There AAD's now debt free who Bluffed over EN CCA's
                          The Old advice was send S.78 then play hard to get!
                          At the least it helps with a F&F if this becomes necessary!

We seem to have been here before
                          ".. ".. A request for the SAR including the CCA was received November 2011, sent from Sainsburys bank.." It was Assigned August 2011!.."
                          "..This account was assigned to Arrow global in August 2011,assignment letters received from Arrow and Sainsbury. .."

".. Arrow Global Limited NOLONGER Authorised Arrow Global Limited (fca.org.uk) .."

"..Arrow Poplar Designated Activity Company was set up on Thursday the 17th of November 2022 Dublin NOT ON FCA REGISTER .."
                          "..Arrow Global Group is a European fund manager. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange..."

Drysden F being the one constant is also a source points to your dealing with Arrow still!
                          Drysden F should be giving you their clients name!

Homework is needed here through the paper work!
                          Last edited by Roger; 1 September 2023, 09:13.

Comment

• Wow.....
                            Much to think about...
                            I may have some old paper work in my loft.
                            This will be my homework this afternoon when I finish work.
                            Thank you for the feedback, it's always received with gratitude.

Steve
                            Steve

Comment

• The contact details below are correct as of 01/06/2023 when this firm's Authorisation with the FCA and/or PRA was cancelled. If you are trying to contact the firm, please also try looking at other sources such as Companies House.
                              Address
                              Address information
                              12 Booth Street
                              Manchester
                              Lancashire
                              M2 4AWM 2 4 A W
                              UNITED KINGDOM
                              Phone

+44 8001300169

+44800-130-0169Email

queries@arrowglobal.net

queries@arrowglobal dot netWebsite

www.arrowglobal.netwww dot arrowglobal dot net. opens in a new windowFirm reference number

Registered company number
                              Companies House number information
                              05606545. opens in a new window

Comment

• Many thanks Techie.
                                So, please accept my apologies.
                                My excuse being a very busy week, and not focused enough on this issue.
                                I missed the fact that we had 2 letters, one addressed to me, the other my partner.
                                The one to me got mixed up with other paperwork, i am currently decorating and the house is a mess.
                                The one addressed to me is an old MBNA credit card.
                                Serviced currently by Drysden F.
                                2 letters in my envelope.
                                1st letter from Arrow global.
                                They have assigned ownership of original debt to Intrum poplar designated activity company, they have appointed Capquest debt recovery as administrator.

2nd letter from Capquest.
                                Notice of assignment.
                                Drysden will continue to service debt.

So cca request to Carquest.

Thanks again
                                Steve

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X