GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There AAD's now debt free who Bluffed over EN CCA's"

I can confirm that.

Comment

• Just a couple of observations- I talked about CPUTR precisely because this is an old debt- 2004/5 I think Steve said.

Of course the reason that Arrow are no longer authorised is because on 1st June they transferred their book to intrum https://www.arrowglobal.net/media/ar...e-uk-platforms

Therefore the fact that AG is no longer authorised makes no difference. This will of course be one of the assignments that Steve was talking about.

As Still waving says- blagging it the old fashioned way can still work. Often I believe there are errors that we do not know about (or terms in the assignment as I noted previously ) that make the debts UE when sold. If this can be achieved without solicitors so much the better.

I am not sure what new tactics Roger is talking about. Is it ignoring Letters of Claim which as far as I can see means a claim will land and maybe have cost implications https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/lit...058880.article

Having a diary doesn’t mean you know what you are talking about although granted, for new people it does help so we can offer opinions (not advice).

Incidentally , things seem to have been very quiet for Roger on his diary since in some cases 2016- I assume no one ever writes to him now.
      Last edited by Pat; 1 September 2023, 19:31.

Comment

• Pat without a diary can't really comment because often the diary reveals something which has been completely overlooked.

Am awaiting the fruits of the homework and DIARY from Steve
        Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
        Wow.....
        Much to think about...
        I may have some old paper work in my loft.
        This will be my homework this afternoon when I finish work.
        Thank you for the feedback, it's always received with gratitude.

Steve

Comment

• There is plenty of information to be gleaned from reading various posts and answers. The observations I made were all based on reading.

Not everyone bows at the alter of long diaries. Maybe Steve doesn’t want to do a diary- that is personal choice.

By the way Roger you are tagging some poor random poster from before, not this Steve?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
            There is plenty of information to be gleaned from reading various posts and answers. The observations I made were all based on reading.

Not everyone bows at the alter of long diaries. Maybe Steve doesn’t want to do a diary- that is personal choice.

By the way Roger you are tagging some poor random poster from before, not this Steve?

Enough already!

Comment

• No one posting
              Last edited by stuffthebanks; 2 April 2024, 10:40.
              Steve

Comment

• Good afternoon all,
                I just wondered if anyone is on AAD who looks at CCA paperwork.
                Seems very quiet from when I posted a while back.
                Cheers
                Steve

Comment

• Still only Niddy as far as I'm aware, but I haven't seen any posts for a while. I did email him in case he hadn't checked in & seen all the spam but haven't heard back.

There also seems to be a lack of mods around, I don't think TC's posted since November. You're right it has quietened down lately, probably due to a combination of the spam and the recent spats putting off casual visitors.

If this continues, sad as it is to say it, I think the site's dead in the water.
                  Last edited by Night Monkey; 23 April 2024, 12:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
                    Still only Niddy as far as I'm aware, but I haven't seen any posts for a while. I did email him in case he hadn't checked in & seen all the spam but haven't heard back.
                    Niddy was last on-site 4 days ago.

I think TC had a lot on his plate so-to-speak away from AAD, probably the reason for his absence.
                    Last edited by Still Waving; 23 April 2024, 11:47.

Comment

• When was the agreement taken out? Pre-2007 ?

You can probably do some basic checking yourself.

The agreement should contain your name and address (at the time of the agreement), and should contain a heading prescribed by the CCA (ie that it is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974) and any relevant cancellation notice. It should also contain (as part of the agreement document) a complete set of terms and conditions, including the rates of interest and fees, the initial credit limit. They should also include any other document referred to in the T&Cs. The document should be clearly legible.

Where the T&Cs have been varied they should also send a copy of the latest T&Cs. A Statement of Account should also be sent.

This is not necessarily a comprehensive list of the creditor's obligations in responding to your CCA74 request, but it may help you to see if there is anything missing.

Comment

• Thanks both for the response.
                        Great to know we still have the benefit of good advice.
                        My request to see if anyone was still looking at CCA,s was in anticipation that I might receive one or 2 from very old debts , sold several times.
                        I've held of request for my cca for this long in the hope they were no longer available.
                        My response so far has been the current debt vultures are awaiting information from the original creditor.
                        It's been 25 days from my sending request.
                        I have been making token payments over 10 year period, and now my credit file is clean I will stop making payment.
                        If I do get anything back, it's good to know niddy and you guys are still around.
                        As a final question on this for now, I have received one CCA back, I know it's ok because I still have the original from taking on the account.
                        I am confused though when the current debt vultures adds they are unable to supply statement of account.
                        Puzzled because I have received regular statement from the current holders of debt.
                        Apologies if that all sounds mixed up.

All the very best
                        Steve

Comment

• When was the account opened? If it was before April 2007 they can still be unenforceable even if a perfect copy. Depending on what it is for will depend what it needs to include.

Comment

• Cheers Dottir,
                            Taken out 2004.
                            I still have the original agreement from then, everything they sent recently is the same.
                            It was just the statement of account they said they couldn't provide which confused me.

Thanks again for your reply.
                            Steve

Comment

• There could be lots of reasons for it to be unenforceable.

Some are
                              An agreement that does not contain all the prescribed terms in the prescribed manner
                              An inability to provide all the terms and and conditions- for example it may say somewhere see arms overleaf but they are not there
                              A bad default notice- particularly if it is a credit card
                              A poor assignment
                              Something in the agreement between the OC and the new owner that does not allow for action (this is a guess on my part to explain why Cabot did not take me to court over a perfectly (or so it seemed)agreement, response to a CCA request and default notice but they closed the account).

Comment

• Cheers again Dottir,
                                It's been a long time since I last went through any of this, so my memory is rusty as heck.
                                So, for the benefit of a rusty old brainbox.....
                                I requested a copy of my CCA, they returned with what I know to be the original copy.
                                Terms and conditions also sent, and are same as original, I know this for sure because I still have the original copies.
                                Where I struggled to remember, is, does that satisfy legally with all that is needed from them?
                                Where I am confused is the mention that they are unable to supply statements as per my request.
                                Am I missing something here, or should I be digging deeper?

Cheers again for the feedback, really appreciate your advice.
                                ??????
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X