GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: stuffthebanks' UE diary

Well....hello all.....
    Its been such a long time i had any letters fall on my doormat from the blood suckers......
    But hey ho, it was never going to last was it.....
    This is an update for my Barclaycard account:
    Barclaycard
    Started:25/5/2005
    Balance:£830
    Last payment:Feb 2012 £17.00 .

Update
    Now my question with this one is regarding the terms and conditions.....
    Barclaycard sent me a set of conditions 2011......They were sent as reconstituted terms...the date on the bottom of terms is 2008.
    They have now sent me another set of reconstituted terms,
    3 pages to be exact....Pages 2 and 3 are the same....but page 1 is different.
    Just wonder if i have enough to carry on contesting the agreement????
    Both sets of terms, page 1 only have been attached for you you have a look at.

Hope all is well with you guys.....

All the best
    Steve

Attached Files
    Steve

Comment

Can you remind us who is chasing you for this debt.

Is it Barclaycard or has it been sold on to someone like MKDP?

What prompted them to send you these Ts & Cs after a long period of silence?

Plan B x

Comment

Hello PB,
        Thanks for getting back on this one...
        Barclaycard still own the debt, MKDP are chasing debt....
        I have terms from previous request, but decided to ask again...MKDP have spent the past year trying to obtain........
        Now i have 2 sets of terms.....only difference between the 2 sets is page 1.
        Just wondered if that is enough to carry on the fight with????

Cheers in advance PB.....

Steve
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
          Pages 2 and 3 are the same....but page 1 is different.

Both sets of terms, page 1 only have been attached for you you have a look at.
          At first glance the only difference I can see is where you have blanked out your name and address (different text length). Is it different on each version?

It's important because a recon must be honest and accurate. So if these are your terms "as varied" then they should have the address you were living at when varied not the address you are living at now (if that's changed).

This could be an attempt to remedy an earlier error or they could be making things worse for themselves.

I'm only guessing at the moment because I can't see what you've blanked out.

Plan B x

Comment

Barclaycard still own the debt, MKDP are chasing debt....
            I have terms from previous request, but decided to ask again...MKDP have spent the past year trying to obtain........
            What makes you think Barclaycard still own it? MKDP is a debt purchaser in the main.

I asked about the name and address issue because this was an error MKDP made with me. I beat them in court last week due to their flawed recon paperwork.

Plan B x

Comment

Hello PB,
              My god i know im going senile....but what the heck...
              Just looked again at paperwork....Yep, MKDP do own the debt......
              The parts on each document were my name and address,which is correct on both versions.
              Some wording is different in the documents....
              Section 8. Charges is different...
              Maybe im clutching at straws, if there isn't enough to carry on the fight i will have to make them a minimum offer on monthly payments...

Thanks again PB....really appreciate the time.....

Steve
              Steve

Comment

The Barclays debt is £800 though isn't it? If so you don't want court. Don't make an offer as if they issue a claim we can better negotiate after submitting a defence.

Id really not worry over an £800 debt.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nidd's, i really do take my hat off to you sir!
                  Still at the front line.....you are a rarity my friend.....

So am i right in thinking i just ignore the latest from MKDP????
                  Not reply at all???

Thanks for taking the time Nidd's...........And thank you for still being here

Steve
                  Steve

Comment

So am i right in thinking i just ignore the latest from MKDP????
                    Not reply at all???
                    What did that latest letter from MKDP say before we can properly answer your question?

Plan B x

Comment

Hi PB
                      Last letter contained the terms and conditions as well as a few statements from 2012.
                      As well as : We request you contact us to discuss your account.

Cheers PB
                      Steve

Comment

Hi PB
                        Last letter contained the terms and conditions as well as a few statements from 2012.
                        As well as : We request you contact us to discuss your account.

Cheers PB
                        leave it a couple weeks then send Missing PT's Template

Don't ignore MKDP - just don't reply immediately
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok fella....will do that...
                          Thanks for the help...and to PB also...most appreciated..
                          Steve

Comment

Barclaycard
                            Started:25/5/2005
                            Balance:£830
                            Last payment:Feb 2012

22/2/12....Niddy confirms account ....Terms template letter to go out on 23/2/12

12/3/12...Letter from Barclays....a whole load of legal jargon...they are standing by the agreement being enforceable...
                            Not sure how to proceed based on what's in this letter...

8/6/12....At last reply from Barclays.
                            I sent the terms only received template out to them, after receiving terms and conditions, but no agreement...
                            The letter they have just sent states they are not obliged to send anything else out to me, what they have sent already is sufficient....They are adamant that this account remains enforceable......

8/6/12..I sent final response template
                            12/7/12... I sent Reminder of last letter i sent on 8/6/12..along with an addition of reply to my request or p*** off

11/8/12...Received a letter from Barclay's ..it gave me slap on wrist for not making payments..
                            Threat of passing on to Mercer's, and doorstep visit..
                            No mention of CCA final response...
                            I will send the doorstep template along with the final response - CPUTR template...unless anyone can advise differently...

11/9/12...Hello all, hope you are all well and good...
                            Just had a letter from Mercers saying they are now responsible for the collection,blah,blah,blah....
                            I had no response from the letter i sent Barclays back in July, it was the cputr template letter.

13/10/12....Letter from Mercers...no payment made..blah,blah,immediate action required....Door step threat
                            I have already sent the CPUTR to Barclays..no response..and i have sent the account sold in dispute template..

17/10/12...Letter today from....POWER TO CONTACT...wow...scary name..
                            They have contacted me on behalf of Mercers...giving me 72 hours to contact Mercers...otherwise doorstep vist..
                            This is being filed away and ignored....letters already sent to Mercers yesterday....

8/11/12.. ..
                            Letter received on 26/10/12 from Barclaycard...they said if i wanted a copy of the original terms and conditions i must send the £1.00.
                            Well i have already had those, they sent just the terms and conditions in response to my CCA request....
                            Still no mention of any agreement though...
                            I just think maybe i should send a follow up letter stating that i have already had the terms and conditions, i just want the agreement.

15/11/12..Letter from Mercers....URGENT NOTICE....
                            Its the usual crap...and they have now passed on to Calders....
                            I'm ignoring this, and waiting for the next reply......

13/12/12...Another one from Mercers today....i thought they had passed on to Calders....
                            This latest one from Mercers just rambles on about me not contacting them....They may send an agent to call blah,blah,blah...
                            I am going to ignore and file this one....i dont care if they send an agent...and i have already responded saying the account is in dispute...i am not wasting another penny on postage....
                            Hope everyone is ok and keeping warm and safe....

14/1/13....Letter from Mercers today.....Notice of intention to sell my debt...
                            This account is being returned to Barclay card...
                            Barclaycard have informed us they intend to sell the debt because we have not been able to set up a repayment plan....
                            If you want to prevent this debt from being sold...phone today...This is your last chance to arrange repayments with us.....This letter is dated 8/1/13....Which today did they mean
                            Gordon bennett....i read that from Mercers today and felt sorry for the poor blighters.....WHERE HAVE ALL THE PAY UP OR ELSE THREATS GONE???

4/2/13....Letter from Barclays....Formal demand for payment..
                            This formal demand is a legal document...

19/2/13....Letter from RMA....??????
                            My account has now been passed to them for collections...
                            I presume RMA are just part of Barclay and its all in house collections????
                            Maybe a one liner...just to keep a paper trail....?????

22/3/13 From RMA they are acting on behalf of Barclaycard....
                            Letter received today from RMA... Notice of concern....
                            5/4/13 ....Update on Barclaycard currently being looked after by the wonderful RMA people....

7/6/2013......Its been a while since i had any rubbish through the letter box, but today i have had a letter from Allied Credit saying the account has been passed on by Barclaycard for them to manage.
                            I guess i send the account in dispute template....
                            Or alternatively i could send a one line go F*** yourselves...
                            16/11/13 Letter from Barclaycard saying the lovely peeps from Wescot are now going to play with me until they get bored and f*** off....
                            Please contact them as a matter of urgency.....
                            I'm ignoring this and putting in my file named toilet paper....Until i hear from the nice people direct.....

20/11/13.... It didn't take the slime balls long......
                            Nice red headed letter from Wetcloths, all of the usual crap, please contact us blah,blah,blah.....
                            Sending them the account sold in dispute letter.
                            This is the 5th lot to have a go.......

29/11/13 .....Response from Wescot.....We have raised a query on this account, and have gone back to Barclaycard.
                            16/12/13.....A copy of my agreement has been sent by Wescot....i am sending to nidd's for a quick look to see if the b******* have got it right...

14/2/14....After sending back the missing prescibed template letter back to Wescots on 16/12/13, i have today recieved back a response from Wescot...It says instructions have been received from Barclaycard to withdraw the account, so no further contact from Wescot's.........
                            27/2/14...Received today letters from Barclaycard saying they have sold account to MKDP and a letter also from MKDP confirming they are now going to hound me....
                            I will be sending the account sold in dispute template to MKDP i think?
                            12/3/14.......Letter received today from MKDP acknowledging receipt of my last letter.
                            They are unable to process my request for a CCA because i have not paid the £1.00 fee.
                            If i send £1.00 they will request the info from Barclay's.
                            I am thinking send them back a short, please read the contents of my last letter and it will explain that i am in dispute because i have already paid the £1.00 but Barclaycard have failed to provide me with all of the documentation requested.
                            Anyone have any other way to go.

17/3/14....Reply back from MKDP today.They have confirmation back from Barclaycard that my section 78 request was fully complied with in 2012.
                            Now what they sent in 2012 was a whole load of terms that that were not connected directly with my agreement, which was not sent with the terms.
                            They sent my agreement on its own at the end of 2013.
                            So a white lie by Barclaycard, because it was not fully complied with in 2012.
                            Not sure on what to send next, i was thinking another short one along the lines of....Please be aware that Barclaycard are lying tossers, and did not and have not fully complied with my section 78 request.
                            Anyone got any more sensible and more official ways in which to respond????
                            Thanks in advance for looking.
                            25/5/15...Reconstituted copy of terms and conditions received from MKDP..... Nidd's advised to send MKDP missing t&c's template letter...

*******Update**********
                            6-6-15 ........Another set of terms and conditions received from MKDP........SAME as last ones ....only difference is.....they have sent them on blown up A5 paper.......
                            I am thinking of sending another missing t&c's template.......Any advice most gratefully received.....
                            Steve

Comment

*******Update**********
                              6-6-15 ........Another set of terms and conditions received from MKDP........SAME as last ones ....only difference is.....they have sent them on blown up A5 paper.......
                              I am thinking of sending another missing t&c's template.......Any advice most gratefully received.....
                              What did they blow them up with? Dynamite? (sorry )

I would wait and see what they send next if it were me.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

25/5/15...Reconstituted copy of terms and conditions received from MKDP..... Nidd's advised to send MKDP missing t&c's template letter...

*******Update**********

6-6-15 ........Another set of terms and conditions received from MKDP........SAME as last ones ....

I am thinking of sending another missing t&c's template..
                                I assume MKDP sent a covering letter with those Ts & Cs you received today. What did it say they would do next if you didn't respond - if anything? There's usually a clue in the last paragraph of their letters.

Are you sure those Ts & Cs are absolutely identical to the last ones? Check the top line to see if the addresses match.

Can you also clarify if the letter you sent to MKDP on 25th May 2015 was "Missing Ts & Cs" template (do we have one that says that ) as you've posted on your thread, or was it our Missing Prescribed Terms template. There's a big difference between those two challenges.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X