GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicated
    Last edited by billytommo; 2 December 2017, 10:22.

Comment

• You may be better contacting Di. I know very little about where you stand on this. Good luck . NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I would send a copy of the discontinuance with a one line letter asking them to update their records.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• are representing the same original DCA (Claimant)? or a new one,

Comment

• meaning Robbersway representing a 2nd/different claimant, as thinking has the alledged debt been sold on?

Comment

• Same everything it seems. They say that one of their options is to get Howard Cohen to take me to court! I would have thought that the judge would take a dim view of them trying to take a case to court that had been previously thrown out!

Comment

• I think it will be an abuse of process; if a case is discontinued after a defence has been submitted then it can’t be pursued again.

Comment

• understand that was a case discontinued then it can not be brought again with the same evidence or similar??? sure others will clarify if I am right or wrong?

Comment

• We seem to have roughly the same problem, I've got Cabot hassling me for a discontinued claim from 2014 which they bought in 2016 and believe they can disregard the previous court action.

Good luck with yours, I'm waiting for Di to get back to me at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by josefk View Post
                      I'm waiting for Di to get back to me at the moment.
                      I am so sorry but I didn't get an email alert for your PM for some reason.

It's always best to contact me by email which is in my signature di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                        Same everything it seems. They say that one of their options is to get Howard Cohen to take me to court! I would have thought that the judge would take a dim view of them trying to take a case to court that had been previously thrown out!

If a claim is discontinued after a Defence has been filed then they cannot issue a new claim based on the same or substantially the same facts (including facts raised in your Defence which may not have been in their Particulars of Claim) without first making an Application to the court for permission which they are unlikely to get.

When is this debt due to become Statute Barred?

Once a claim has been discontinued the SB clock starts to tick again so before you write to them check the SB status in case your letter is viewed as an acknowledgement of the debt.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I am so sorry but I didn't get an email alert for your PM for some reason.

It's always best to contact me by email which is in my signature di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di
                          Sorry Di (and Billy) have now emailed you so will wait for response.Don't want to hijack anything here.

Good luck Billy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Heres what I said back in 2011 when you done the CCA

As an aside, I reckon you last paid in Feb / Mar 2011 - it's literally on the wire that they got the claim in. Buggers. I say that based on the DN being sent in September 2011 minus 6/7 months.
                            This has been a bit protracted and I now have a court date set for this Friday I'm not sure if this should continue to be discussed here or moved to a secure section(?) Can someone please do the honours?? Thanks!

Comment

• Well, just got back from the court and it's good news! Thanks to a great team, the prosecution didn't stand a chance. This is regarding my Tesco card from what seems like eons ago. They snatched it back from the jaws of SB but they f***ed up on some critical evidence that they had had ages to realise/sort out and because they only realised yesterday they blamed the defence for not disclosing it! They applied for an adjournment but the judge wasn't having any of it who, I have to say, was very fair in his consideration. Another success for AAD/JCS

Comment

• Yipee!!!!!! anotherone bites the dust, congrats to all xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X