GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
    Niddy say's it's still and suggested sending 'missing PT' template but I've just realised I sent them that on 1st Feb - should I send the same letter again or is there another I should send instead? Basically, all the PT I've received so far have been different...
    maybe just send a one liner and say
    "listen you've sent me that many version of terms could you please send the only set you intend to rely on should this matter escalate to court because I do not recognise any of those supplied and also, all three sets of terms received to date are different so how am I meant to establish anything when you, the ones supplying the info, can't even create documents that are purported to be accurate?

I await your speedy reply and hope I don't need to utilise CPUTR for a statement of truth as to the true whereabouts of the alleged terms (that were never issues at inception); you've now had three attempts to fudge a good version but you fail to even get that right - oh and whilst I'm here I thought you might like to know you also sent me some internal document that lists hundreds of your 'debtors' which as you'll appreciate is a very big breach of Data Protection. Maybe now is the time to do a deal or risk the back lash - a copy of one page of what you sent me is attached, so you realise I'm not bluffing here.

If you close this account I will return this document and say no more about it. If you do not, well we'll see what happens won't we.

Yours faithfully."

Obviously copy the document you have and send a copy with the above letter, this could be interesting - bribing a DCA so brazenly
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brazen makes me nervous... but I'll give it a go

Comment

nothing to lose......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          maybe just send a one liner and say
          "listen you've sent me that many version of terms could you please send the only set you intend to rely on should this matter escalate to court because I do not recognise any of those supplied and also, all three sets of terms received to date are different so how am I meant to establish anything when you, the ones supplying the info, can't even create documents that are purported to be accurate?

I await your speedy reply and hope I don't need to utilise CPUTR for a statement of truth as to the true whereabouts of the alleged terms (that were never issues at inception); you've now had three attempts to fudge a good version but you fail to even get that right - oh and whilst I'm here I thought you might like to know you also sent me some internal document that lists hundreds of your 'debtors' which as you'll appreciate is a very big breach of Data Protection. Maybe now is the time to do a deal or risk the back lash - a copy of one page of what you sent me is attached, so you realise I'm not bluffing here.

If you close this account I will return this document and say no more about it. If you do not, well we'll see what happens won't we.

Yours faithfully."

Obviously copy the document you have and send a copy with the above letter, this could be interesting - bribing a DCA so brazenly

Sending this has certainly made them sit up and take notice - I only sent it on Tues and had a phone call from them today.

Very annoying actually as the call came through as a private number so I answered it thinking it was work, but it was MKDP - I was very non committal when she asked to speak to me by name and obviously I refused to complete security checks but said I was happy to deal with them in writing, so will be watching out for the postie in the morning....

I didn't think DCAs were allowed to call from 'private numbers' - or is that only cold call telesales etc?

Comment

Oh, I like this! Awaiting their response with great interest

Comment

Sending this has certainly made them sit up and take notice - I only sent it on Tues and had a phone call from them today.

Very annoying actually as the call came through as a private number so I answered it thinking it was work, but it was MKDP - I was very non committal when she asked to speak to me by name and obviously I refused to complete security checks but said I was happy to deal with them in writing, so will be watching out for the postie in the morning....

I didn't think DCAs were allowed to call from 'private numbers' - or is that only cold call telesales etc?

Vanquis us local area number then followed by a 4 xxxxxxxone of the many numbers they use even a number beginning with 9 xxxxxxx
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No letter from MKDP today... I'm almost disappointed

Comment

I have news from MKDP....

"As a gesture of goodwill, we are closing the account... once you return the aforementioned documents [in the pre-paid SAE no less!], the account will be closed and MKDP will no longer pursue you regarding this account."

As the account's to be closed and the account balance shows on the letter as nil, am I safe to think that Barclaycard won't pass it over to another DCA?

Comment

I have news from MKDP....

"As a gesture of goodwill, we are closing the account... once you return the aforementioned documents [in the pre-paid SAE no less!], the account will be closed and MKDP will no longer pursue you regarding this account."

As the account's to be closed and the account balance shows on the letter as nil, am I safe to think that Barclaycard won't pass it over to another DCA?
                    Haha - nice one.

I do like it when my 'Brazen' letters get the respect they are due

Keep their letter safe, well done for having the 'balls' to send my letter -

Comment

Brilliant DNW
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Haha - nice one.

I do like it when my 'Brazen' letters get the respect they are due

Keep their letter safe, well done for having the 'balls' to send my letter -
                        Niddy I can't thank you enough for your input and specially for the ridiculously brazen letter that I would never in a million years have been able to write myself.

So all I need now is for my remaining 12 or so creditors to fuck up and I'll be laughing

Comment

Copy the documents - so you have a back-up, then send back the originals of what they sent you.

The ICO/OFT would be looking to fine them quite a lot so your debt write-off was a much cheaper option, I am just glad they seen sense and took the deal (well bribe lol)

I am unsure if that means they will sell it on, however before sending the documents back why not call and ask - speak to the person that sent the letter and ask "is the actual debt written off or have you simply recourse the debt back to Barclays"... if they are sending it back then do not return anything, come back to me.

If they agree to full write-off, ie account closure then get that in writing. Cover yourself....

Comment

Good idea, but I think I'll drop them a quick letter asking them to confirm rather than ringing them, I know it delays it by a few days but that won't make any difference to anything as I'm not under any deadlines with this one and I wouldn't want to get drawn in to saying the wrong thing on the phone.

Comment

Good idea, but I think I'll drop them a quick letter asking them to confirm rather than ringing them, I know it delays it by a few days but that won't make any difference to anything as I'm not under any deadlines with this one and I wouldn't want to get drawn in to saying the wrong thing on the phone.
                              Ok, literally just say...
                              Thanks for your letter dated xx. I am happy to return the documents in question to you however could you please clarify the following, prior to my doing so;
                              1. Are you actually closing the account as a debt write-off, or
                              2. Are you simply closing it your end to recourse back to Barclays

Please clarify the above and I will then come back to you, with either another letter (if option 1) or the documents (if option 2). However I do feel it is in everyones interest if you just close the account as a write-off, then we can all forget this huge error ever took place.

Thanks for your time, look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sign digitally

Comment

I love it when DCA's make huge f*ck ups

I bet someone got their butt kicked from one end of the office to the other when they got that letter!!
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X