GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Thanks for the reply Plan B

I think Cabot still own it, I've not received a Notice of Assignment - they just said they were referring it to Marlin. Marlin have referred to Cabot as 'their client'.

Comment

In other words they've brought in the bully boys which is odd since Cabot are quite capable of bullying people themselves.

I'm still leaning towards the idea of sending Marlin a new CCA request.

Comment

Cabot is Marlin. They brought them out earlier on this year

So next desk but in a different town so to speak

Seen alot of this Cabot moving accounts to Marlin over last couple of weeks,

Comment

Thanks Ken, so CCA request, sold in dispute or something else entirely? Which do you think would be most appropriate in my circumstances?

I'm still wondering about making a settlement offer. It's the smallest debt I've got so don't really want to run the risk of a claim for this one when I've got far bigger fish to fry in the long-term game.
          Last edited by DNW; 5 May 2014, 18:52.

Comment

that's got to be your last gasp, you aren't there yet, still in there swinging, so swing off a CCA and let's see where it goes from there

Comment

You're such a hard-taskmaster MrsD! I frighten far too easily

I'll get a CCA request off to them tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DNW View Post
                Barclaycard2

Code:
                Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
                Type of account          - Credit Card
                Date commenced           - Feb 2006
                Approx balance           - £2000
                Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 
                Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
                Them
                Me
                Other

Activity
                1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
                3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
                4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
                5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
                6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
                7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
                9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
                10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
                13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
                14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
                15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
                16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
                17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
                18. 07/12/11 Letter from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment
                19. 19/12/11 - Received letter from Barclaycard - your account has now been passed to RMA to manage (ignored)
                20. 23/12/11 - Received from RMA - We are now dealing with your account (ignored)
                21. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
                22. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity(ignored)
                23. 20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)
                24. 21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them
                25. 23/01/12 - Sent in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                26. 31/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - Notice of potential doorstep recovery.. we intend to forward your account to Scotcall Ltd (ignored as it was dated 24/01/12 and crossed with my letter of 31/01/12)
                27. 31/03/12 - Received letter from Barclaycard - We've now passed your account to Apex to manage. (Filed awaiting further contact)
                28. 04/04/12 - Received from Apex - ....unable to contact you and this is potentially your last opportunity to arrange payment before further action considered.
                29. 04/04/12 - Sent to Apex - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
                30. 22/09/12 - Received from Barclaycard - Notice of Assignment to MKDP LLP (Filed awaiting contact from MKDP)
                31. 16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.
                32. 19/10/12 - Sent to MKRR - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                33. 24/10/12 - Received from MKRR - Final Notice... we are instructing pre-litigation dept and they may commence proceedings against you.(Filed as I think it had crossed with my letter of 19/10/12)
                34. 14/12/12 - Received from MKRR - They're liasing with my original creditor to fulfil my request for documents (Filed - awaiting further contact)
                35. 01/03/13 - Received from MKDP - They're still unable to fulfil my CCA request and will re-contact as soon as they receive requested documents from OC. (Filed)
                36. 05/04/13 - Received from MKDP - They're still in contact with Barclaycard for the CCA and will be in touch shortly. (Filed)
                37. 05/04/13 - Received from MKDP - some statements of account. they're still looking for CCA and will be in touch. (Filed)
                38. 24/04/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA received. Emailed to Niddy and await his response.
                39. 24/04/13 - Sent to MKDP - CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                40. 16/05/13 - Received from Keynes Collections -Notice of Intended Legal Action - if no payment is made within 14 days, further action may be taken without further notice.
                41. 18/05/13 - Sent to Keynes - Account Sold whilst in Dispute - allaboutDEBT UK
                42. 24/05/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response, we have supplied a true copy CCA as per Carey v HSBC, there is no obligation to provide a signed copy, it's enough to know a copy was signed at time of inception. Feel free to complain to FOS if you don't like this.
                43. 29/05/13 - Sent to MKDP & cc's to Keynes a one liner informing them I would be taking up with FOS (as per post allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary
                44. 12/06/13 - Received from MKDP - Confirm final response has been issued and they're no longer able to enter into any correspondence. I have the right to refer to FOS if I wish.

UPDATE

14/05/14 - Received from MKRR - Please contact us to discuss payment options, we're here to help you.

I know I should probably just file this, but it's been a year since they heard from me so should I reply? Or just file and see what they send next?

Comment

might just send a SWID, know they aren't different but I would just play the game

Comment

Thanks MrsD, I shall get that off to them tomorrow

Comment

They just keep on, don't know when they have been beaten! Just tell them that this is unenforceable and you will not communicate any more. Then wait.

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:

Key:
                        Them
                        Me
                        Other

Activity
                        1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                        2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
                        3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
                        4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
                        5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
                        6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
                        7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                        8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
                        9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
                        10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                        11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                        12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
                        13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
                        14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
                        15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
                        16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
                        17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
                        18. 07/12/11 Letter from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment
                        19. 19/12/11 - Received letter from Barclaycard - your account has now been passed to RMA to manage (ignored)
                        20. 23/12/11 - Received from RMA - We are now dealing with your account (ignored)
                        21. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
                        22. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity(ignored)
                        23. 20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)
                        24. 21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them
                        25. 23/01/12 - Sent in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                        26. 31/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - Notice of potential doorstep recovery.. we intend to forward your account to Scotcall Ltd (ignored as it was dated 24/01/12 and crossed with my letter of 31/01/12)
                        27. 31/03/12 - Received letter from Barclaycard - We've now passed your account to Apex to manage. (Filed awaiting further contact)
                        28. 04/04/12 - Received from Apex - ....unable to contact you and this is potentially your last opportunity to arrange payment before further action considered.
                        29. 04/04/12 - Sent to Apex - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
                        30. 22/09/12 - Received from Barclaycard - Notice of Assignment to MKDP LLP (Filed awaiting contact from MKDP)
                        31. 16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.
                        32. 19/10/12 - Sent to MKRR - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                        33. 24/10/12 - Received from MKRR - Final Notice... we are instructing pre-litigation dept and they may commence proceedings against you.(Filed as I think it had crossed with my letter of 19/10/12)
                        34. 14/12/12 - Received from MKRR - They're liasing with my original creditor to fulfil my request for documents (Filed - awaiting further contact)
                        35. 01/03/13 - Received from MKDP - They're still unable to fulfil my CCA request and will re-contact as soon as they receive requested documents from OC. (Filed)
                        36. 05/04/13 - Received from MKDP - They're still in contact with Barclaycard for the CCA and will be in touch shortly. (Filed)
                        37. 05/04/13 - Received from MKDP - some statements of account. they're still looking for CCA and will be in touch. (Filed)
                        38. 24/04/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA received. Emailed to Niddy and await his response.
                        39. 24/04/13 - Sent to MKDP - CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                        40. 16/05/13 - Received from Keynes Collections -Notice of Intended Legal Action - if no payment is made within 14 days, further action may be taken without further notice.
                        41. 18/05/13 - Sent to Keynes - Account Sold whilst in Dispute - allaboutDEBT UK
                        42. 24/05/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response, we have supplied a true copy CCA as per Carey v HSBC, there is no obligation to provide a signed copy, it's enough to know a copy was signed at time of inception. Feel free to complain to FOS if you don't like this.
                        43. 29/05/13 - Sent to MKDP & cc's to Keynes a one liner informing them I would be taking up with FOS (as per post allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary
                        44. 12/06/13 - Received from MKDP - Confirm final response has been issued and they're no longer able to enter into any correspondence. I have the right to refer to FOS if I wish.
                        45. 14/05/14 - Received from MKRR - Please contact us to discuss payment options, we're here to help you.
                        46. 21/05/14 - Sent to MKRR - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...in-cca-dispute (SWID)
                        47. 31/05/14 - Received from MKRR - We haven't received your offer of payment, please contact us. (filed)
                        48. 04/06/14 - Received from MKDP - Thanks for contacting us, we will review your query. (filed)
                        49. 05/06/14 - Received from MKDP - We have fulfilled our obligations under S78, so now send us some money. (filed)

Update

25/06/14 - Received from MKRR - Final notice - we are instructing our pre-legal department and may commence litigation.

Hi all, I've filed the last few letters from MKDP/MKRR - should I send them the 'Refusal to accept UE status' letter or 'litigation forthcoming' in response to their most recent 'threat'?

Comment

A cheeky little bump.. could anyone help re my post directly above please?

Comment

Update

25/06/14 - Received from MKRR - Final notice - we are instructing our pre-legal department and may commence litigation.

Hi all, I've filed the last few letters from MKDP/MKRR - should I send them the 'Refusal to accept UE status' letter or 'litigation forthcoming' in response to their most recent 'threat'?
                            A cheeky little bump.. could anyone help re my post directly above please?
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Deepie, I shall get that sent off today

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:

Key:
                                Them
                                Me
                                Other

Activity
                                1. 15/04/11 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                                2. 13/05/11 <snip>
                                3. 28/10/11 Niddy says
                                4. 07/12/11 <snip>
                                5. 16/05/13 - Received from Keynes Collections -Notice of Intended Legal Action - if no payment is made within 14 days, further action may be taken without further notice.
                                6. 18/05/13 - Sent to Keynes - Account Sold whilst in Dispute - allaboutDEBT UK
                                7. 24/05/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response, we have supplied a true copy CCA as per Carey v HSBC, there is no obligation to provide a signed copy, it's enough to know a copy was signed at time of inception. Feel free to complain to FOS if you don't like this.
                                8. 29/05/13 - Sent to MKDP & cc's to Keynes a one liner informing them I would be taking up with FOS (as per post allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary
                                9. 12/06/13 - Received from MKDP - Confirm final response has been issued and they're no longer able to enter into any correspondence. I have the right to refer to FOS if I wish.
                                10. 14/05/14 - Received from MKRR - Please contact us to discuss payment options, we're here to help you.
                                11. 21/05/14 - Sent to MKRR - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...in-cca-dispute (SWID)
                                12. 31/05/14 - Received from MKRR - We haven't received your offer of payment, please contact us. (filed)
                                13. 04/06/14 - Received from MKDP - Thanks for contacting us, we will review your query. (filed)
                                14. 05/06/14 - Received from MKDP - We have fulfilled our obligations under S78, so now send us some money. (filed)
                                15. 25/06/14 - Received from MKRR - Final notice - we are instructing our pre-legal department and may commence litigation.
                                16. 03/07/14 - Sent to MKRR - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...cept-ue-status
                                17. 10/07/14 - Received from MKRR - We are referring your account to Keynes Collections (filed)

Barclaycard Update:

16/07/14 - Received from Keynes Collections - Notice of Intended Legal Action. Pay us within 14 days or we may take further action without warning.

Hi all, me again, feels like I'm going round in circles with this one... Is there a letter I can send that basically says sod off, I'm not paying and stop sending me round in circles?!

Comment

Working...
                                X