GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

SH - Thanks for taking the time to type up that letter for me, I really appreciate the help.

After reading Niddy's and others posts about FOS, I think I'll have a rummage through the final response templates in the morning and see which of them would be most appropriate and post back on here before sending.

Comment

I think this template would be the most appropriate? Should I also send a copy to Keynes as well as MKDP?

Final Response - UE (CCA Received) - allaboutDEBT UK

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
        Hitachi Capital
        Code:
        Name                     - Hitachi Capital
        Type of account          - Loan
        Date commenced           - May 10
        Approx balance           - £825
        Date last paid           - Mar-11    
        Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
        Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
        Account owner            - Cabot

Key:
        Them
        Me
        Other

Activity
        1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
        2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
        3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
        4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
        5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £825.91 (£247) within 14 days
        6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
        7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
        8. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
        9. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
        10. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
        11. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
        12. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
        13. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
        14. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter
        15. 08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice includes statement showing cashing of PO against my CCA request, however CCA still not yet received (ignored)
        16. 08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"
        17. 09/02/12 Sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute in response
        18. 22/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "...Cabot purchased your debt and were unaware of any disputes with the OC... We have contacted Hitachi to obtain clarification and retrieve relevant documentation. Lack of this documentation does not affect the legality of the debt but merely renders it unenforceable until the agreement is produced. Cabot is not considering legal action at this time therefore your comments are not applicable in this instance. We recommend that you contact us to make payments. We endeavour to respond within 12 days. "(ignored)
        19. 24/05/13 Received from Cabot - copy of CCA. (Sent to Niddy by email 20/06/13)

Hitachi Loan - UPDATE

Niddy says (unsurprisingly)

I'm going to blag this for now and will send - CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

Comment

Originally posted by DNW View Post
          Hitachi Capital
          Code:

Key:
          Them
          Me
          Other

Activity
          9. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
          10. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
          11. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
          13. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
          14. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter
          15. 08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice includes statement showing cashing of PO against my CCA request, however CCA still not yet received (ignored)
          16. 08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"
          18. 22/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "...Cabot purchased your debt and were unaware of any disputes with the OC... We have contacted Hitachi to obtain clarification and retrieve relevant documentation. Lack of this documentation does not affect the legality of the debt but merely renders it unenforceable until the agreement is produced. Cabot is not considering legal action at this time therefore your comments are not applicable in this instance. We recommend that you contact us to make payments. We endeavour to respond within 12 days. "(ignored)
          19. 24/05/13 Received from Cabot - copy of CCA. (Sent to Niddy by email 20/06/13)
          20. 23/06/13 - Niddy says (unsurprisingly)
          21. 01/07/13 - Blagging it for now with CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

UPDATE

1. 25/07/13 - Received from Cabot - they would like to assure me that a true copy was supplied, and ask which terms I believe were missing
          2. 19/08/13 - Received from Cabot - They will move to next stage collections if they don't hear from me.

Hello All

For some reason, I've been sticking my head in the sand again recently and have let things go a bit

Could someone le me know how am I best to reply to Cabot with this blagged one please? Thanks.

Comment

If you want to carry on blagging, I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie

I'm doing my best to drag this ostrich head back out of the sand so I've another updated account to post in a min.

Comment

Mint

Code:
                Name                     - Mint
                Type of account          - Credit Card
                Date commenced           - Dec 2003
                Approx balance           - £2,700
                Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment
                Account owner            - Lender/DCA?

Key:
                Them
                Me
                Other

Activity
                1. 13/04/2011 Received letter won't action as unsigned
                2. 18/05/2011 Notice of arrears
                3. 24/05/2011 Default Notice
                4. 20/06/2011 Account closed and will be passed to DCA
                5. 06/07/2011 Triton Credit Services now dealing with account
                6. 24/07/2011 My letter - request interest freeze and no change in circumstances - sent to Mint & Triton
                7. 21/07/2011 Letter from Mint asking me to complete new Financial Statement
                8. 01/08/2011 Acknowledge my complaint re interest, unable to action due to lack of signature
                9. 17/08/2011 CCA Request sent
                10. 03/09/2011 Letter received - they are disappointed that I didn't reply to their previous letter (I assume their request for signature) and that I haven't attempted to increase my payments. They are prepared to assist me but only when they have my full co-operation
                11. 13/09/11 CCA received which has been uploaded for Niddys perusal
                12. Niddy says
                13. 11/10/11 Letter sent to Mint - online account access has been blocked, send me paper statements or I will not continue with token payments
                14. 28/10/11 No acknowledgement to my letter, but paper statement received
                15. 03/11/11 Letter from Mint - they are suspending interest and charges (temporarily)
                16. 23/04/12 Letter from Mint - Asking for a payment review
                17. 04/05/12 Sent a letter telling them we're currently seeking help from an advisor and will continue with £1 payments in the meantime.
                18. 25/05/12 Letter from Mint - Asking for offer of repayment, telephone contact details and reason for financial difficulties.
                19. 22/06/12 - Sent copy of Cashflow financial statement and covering letter of pro rata payment offer (payments to remain at token £1 until they've agreed to accept the offer).
                20. 28/07/12 Letter from Mint - accepting revised payment offer for 12 months and no collection activity or interest applied so long as £8 monthly is paid.

UPDATE

24/06/13 - Received from Mint - Letter asking me to contact them to review payments as previous arrangement has been in place for 12 months.

Do we still have someone on the forum able to sign off Cashflow? Or should I write back simply saying that our situation is unchanged from the last assessment they had? If anything, it's worse now than it was 12 months ago.

Comment

If it's worse I'd tell them!
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

DNW If you've entered an arrangment with that mob, I'd just ignore all requests for an update, you're paying, leave it at that, unless you can't afford the payment then do a very short

My circumstances have changed drastically, therefore from blah date, your payment will be £0.06p. This new payment will commence on blah blah. These review letters are just automated. Don't let them bully you

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      DNW If you've entered an arrangment with that mob, I'd just ignore all requests for an update, you're paying, leave it at that, unless you can't afford the payment then do a very short

My circumstances have changed drastically, therefore from blah date, your payment will be £0.06p. This new payment will commence on blah blah. These review letters are just automated. Don't let them bully you

spendthrift! lol

Comment

Hitachi Capital
                        Code:

Key:
                        Them
                        Me
                        Other

Activity
                        21. 01/07/13 - Blagging it for now with CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                        22. 25/07/13 - Received from Cabot - they would like to assure me that a true copy was supplied, and ask which terms I believe were missing
                        23. 19/08/13 - Received from Cabot - They will move to next stage collections if they don't hear from me.
                        24. 29/08/13 - Sent Final Response - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received

Hi all, long time no post on this thread - no news is good news and all that!

I've had a few letters from Cabot over the last couple of months, none that worried me or warranted a response, but I've also been getting a lot of phone calls recently (unanswered of course) but it's made me wonder if perhaps it might be a good time to make them a settlement offer - seeing as it's coming to the end of their financial year, might they be more agreeable to a low settlement just to get it off the books?

The debt was around £825, so I'm guessing they'd have bought it for about £80 - if I could settle at £200 or less, I would be happy to have it out of the way. Have I left it too late to negotiate with them during their 'most receptive' period?

Comment

It's never too late to negotiate, but as you're 3 years into Statute Barred I'd think carefully before making an offer. It's entirely up to you and how you view the harassment.
                          If you do, never start with your best offer..if you offer £200 they'll ask for more.
                          Their letters will probably cycle round to offering you a discount so might be best to stall till then?...see what others think

Comment

agree with Elsa

you're only aware of this because you are getting phonecalls, but it seems to me they phone as a first response, (because it scares peeps) but eventually if they get nowhere with the phone they resort to writing.

when we were a year in to UE, we took on new broadband and phone contracts and there was an option to change your phone number, and we did, so we have no idea who (if anybody) is phoning us, it fair sets your mind at rest. I must apologise sometime to the poor bugger who got our old number, it must be driving them mad....................

Comment

Hitachi Capital
                              Code:

Key:
                              Them
                              Me
                              Other

Activity
                              22. 25/07/13 - Received from Cabot - they would like to assure me that a true copy was supplied, and ask which terms I believe were missing
                              23. 19/08/13 - Received from Cabot - They will move to next stage collections if they don't hear from me.
                              24. 29/08/13 - Sent Final Response - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received
                              25. 19/10/13 - Received from Cabot - You have not told us which terms you believe are missing... it is evident that you are delaying repayment even though you previously made payment which is evidence that you acknowledge responsibility for the account.
                              26. 30/12/13 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment
                              27. 07/01/14 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment, we are very flexib
                              28. 08/03/14 - Considered sending low final settlement offer, but didn't follow it up
                              29. 12/03/14 - Received from Cabot - You must contact us
                              30. 07/04/14 - Received from Cabot - Statement & Notice of Arrears

UPDATE

28/04/14 - Received from Cabot - You've been ignoring us so we're referring your account to Marlin Financial Services

03/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We are in the process of advising our client to take litigation action. It is our intention to instruct a solicitor to issue court proceedings to seek a CCJ.

Hello folks, Cabot have referred my account to Marlin, and I've heard that Marlin don't tend to mess around and go pretty much straight for the jugular. I received a letter from them yesterday, dated 29 April, and giving me 7 days to respond (with the Bank Holiday day 7 is Tues). Should I email a response to them and follow up with a special delivery letter which they'll receive Wednesday?

I'm not really quite sure how to respond.. I'm still thinking maybe negotiating a settlement might be the best way to go with this but would be grateful to receive suggestions.

Thanks

Edit: The letter I received is exactly the same one that Beefy received and posted up yesterday: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post394820
                              Last edited by DNW; 4 May 2014, 22:21.

Comment

Your're right when you say Marlin don't tend to mess around. My initial reaction would be to send them a new CCA request since they will probably have no idea of the history of this account (with any luck).

See what others say first because you may be one step away from that although you say this account is enforceable so your options may be limited.

Have Cabot sold this debt to Marlin? They refer to "our client" which suggests Cabot are still the owner of the debt. They may wish to advise their client (i.e. Cabot ) to take legal action but that's not the same as them taking legal action using Mortimer Clarke solicitors.

28/04/14 - Received from Cabot - You've been ignoring us so we're referring your account to Marlin Financial Services

03/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We are in the process of advising our client to take litigation action. It is our intention to instruct a solicitor to issue court proceedings to seek a CCJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X