GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNW View Post
    Email sent and will await replies as and when
    Hiya, keep me updated please! Obviously can't have PRA bullying you.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Thanks guys, I'll dig through my SAR paperwork for any pertinent docs and see how they compare to the originals.

I've got a couple of weeks until PRA expect to hear from me, so it gives me a little time to do some homework.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll dig through my SAR paperwork for any pertinent docs and see how they compare to the originals.

I've got a couple of weeks until PRA expect to hear from me, so it gives me a little time to do some homework.
        Maybe send a new CCA request but do it via PRA as it'll give more time while they return it / action it. If anything leave the cheque payee blank!

But if it was me, I'd not want them issuing based on an enforceable agreement! When did you last make any payment of any sort?

I'd not be sitting on it. PRA are quick to jump in with 2 feet remember.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• I notice your dealings with Barclays date back 2011 with a Default Notice dated 15/06/2011.
          Did Barclays use MERCERS perchance in dealing with your Debt? If so was the Default Notice issued by MERCERS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Default Notice dated 15/06/2011.
            Did Barclays use MERCERS perchance in dealing with your Debt? If so was the Default Notice issued by MERCERS?

. . . . which was a Non-Trading company at the time

Which begs the question: how can a business with 0 employees (according to their accounts filed at Companies House which also state that their assets were a mere £2) issue and serve a compliant Default Notice.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Maybe send a new CCA request but do it via PRA as it'll give more time while they return it / action it. If anything leave the cheque payee blank!

But if it was me, I'd not want them issuing based on an enforceable agreement! When did you last make any payment of any sort?

The last payment would've been I think Jan or Feb last year, so less than 18 months ago (and sadly definitely not 6 years+ ago!).
              I'll dust off my printer and get a CCA sent to PRA.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              I notice your dealings with Barclays date back 2011 with a Default Notice dated 15/06/2011.
              Unfortunately not Mercers, mine came direct from Barclays.

Comment

• Ok the next question is was this Loan a Consolidation of existing Debts?
                I am intrigued why a unsecured debt of £15000 was created in 2008!
                If this wasn't new debt but rather old debts then what were these old debts?

Comment

• We're chatting on email. Don't send / do anything just yet please. We'll sort a solution off-forum and then you can update on that side of things.

Interesting point above - what happened, can you recall?

Comment

• It would undoubtedly have been for consolidating other debts, possibly a loan and a couple of credit cards at the time, but it was never going to be enough to pay off everything so was doomed to fail from the start - but I think it was the highest I could get at the time on an unsecured loan, and it made overall monthly payments slightly more manageable at the time.

Comment

It would undoubtedly have been for consolidating other debts, possibly a loan and a couple of credit cards at the time, but it was never going to be enough to pay off everything so was doomed to fail from the start - but I think it was the highest I could get at the time on an unsecured loan, and it made overall monthly payments slightly more manageable at the time.
                      The word Dressing a Turd springs to mind!
                      There are different CCA for the various and different types of Debts. Can't assume that these old debts were legally and individually enforible!
                      Barclays may well have been keen to cover TURD'S with a so called Enforcible CCA Loan!

Others will explain in more detail BUT it looks to me as if PRA have brought a TURD!

Comment

Re: DNW's UE Diary

Hitachi Capital
                        Code:
                        Name - Hitachi Capital
                        Type of account - Loan
                        Date commenced - May 10
                        Approx balance - £800
                        Date last paid - Mar-11 
                        Arrangement/not paying - Not paying
                        Status - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                        Account owner - Cabot
                        Key:
                        Them
                        Me
                        Other

Activity
                        1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
                        2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
                        3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
                        4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
                        5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £800 (£247) within 14 days
                        6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
                        7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
                        8. 01/08/11 Payments cancelled
                        9. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                        10. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
                        11. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
                        12. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
                        13. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
                        14. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
                        15. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter
                        16. 08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice includes statement showing cashing of PO against my CCA request, however CCA still not yet received (ignored)
                        17. 08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"
                        18. 09/02/12 Sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute in response
                        19. 22/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "...Cabot purchased your debt and were unaware of any disputes with the OC... We have contacted Hitachi to obtain clarification and retrieve relevant documentation. Lack of this documentation does not affect the legality of the debt but merely renders it unenforceable until the agreement is produced. Cabot is not considering legal action at this time therefore your comments are not applicable in this instance. We recommend that you contact us to make payments. We endeavour to respond within 12 days. "(ignored)
                        20. 24/05/13 Received from Cabot - copy of CCA. (Sent to Niddy by email 20/06/13)
                        21. 23/06/13 - Niddy says (unsurprisingly)
                        22. 01/07/13 - Blagging it for now with CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                        23. 25/07/13 - Received from Cabot - they would like to assure me that a true copy was supplied, and ask which terms I believe were missing
                        24. 19/08/13 - Received from Cabot - They will move to next stage collections if they don't hear from me.
                        25. 29/08/13 - Sent Final Response - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received
                        26. 19/10/13 - Received from Cabot - You have not told us which terms you believe are missing... it is evident that you are delaying repayment even though you previously made payment which is evidence that you acknowledge responsibility for the account.
                        27. 30/12/13 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment
                        28. 07/01/14 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment, we are very flexible
                        29. 08/03/14 - Considered sending low final settlement offer, but didn't follow it up
                        30. 12/03/14 - Received from Cabot - You must contact us
                        31. 07/04/14 - Received from Cabot - Statement & Notice of Arrears
                        32. 28/04/14 - Received from Cabot - You've been ignoring us so we're referring your account to Marlin Financial Services
                        33. 03/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We are in the process of advising our client to take litigation action. It is our intention to instruct a solicitor to issue court proceedings to seek a CCJ.
                        34. 06/05/14 - Sent to Marlin - CCA request
                        35. 10/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We'll request a copy of your agreement and get back to you
                        36. 03/03/15 - Received from Marlin/Cabot - We've changed our name and note you're yet to agree a repayment plan. (Filed).
                        37. 09/07/15 - Received from Cabot - Here's a copy of your agreement now please agree a payment plan. (Filed).
                        38. 23/01/16 - Received from Cabot - We'd like to help you arrange a payment plan, please contact us. (Filed).
                        39. 04/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account showing no transactions March 14 - Feb 15. (Filed).
                        40. 04/02/16 - Received from Cabot - We've still not heard from you, please contact us to agree a repayment plan. (Filed).
                        41. 19/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Potential legal action, typical approach is to issue a clain and we might decide to do that.
                        42. 24/02/16 - Sent to Cabot - LBA
                        43. 05/03/16 - Received from Cabot - Here's you agreement and statement from July 15. The NOA will be sent separately. We're contacting the OC for for the default and termination notice and will suspend activity while we await this information. (Filed, no action necessary).
                        44. 30/06/16 - Received from Cabot - Here's a copy of your Default Notice. Please contact us to arrange payment. (Filed)
                        45. 20/08/16 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account (Filed)
                        46. 08/03/17 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account (Filed)
                        47. 23/08/18 - Received from Cabot - Welcome to Cabot, we've recently confirmed your address and want the payment process to be as easy as possible. Please contact us to agree a payment plan.
                        48. 07/09/18 - Received from Cabot - Pay £80 to close your account
                        49. 05/07/21 - Received from Cabot - We're passing your account to Ruthbridge Ltd
                        50. 05/07/21 - Received from Ruthbridge Ltd - We've been instructed by Cabot, please contact us to agree a payment plan

Update

05/07/21 - Received from Cabot - We're passing your account to Ruthbridge Ltd[
                        05/07/21 - Received from Ruthbridge Ltd - We've been instructed by Cabot, please contact us to agree a payment plan

This account hasn't been paid or acknowledged for almost 10 years, so I'll file away their latest correspondence.

Comment

• That's what I would do.

My experience has been that Ruthbridge send the occasional letter, then give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                            That's what I would do.

My experience has been that Ruthbridge send the occasional letter, then give up.
                            And if you don't pay up, they often send a very low full and final settlement offer, in a 'last gasp' attempt. In my experience. Not suggesting the offer should be accepted, of course. And certainly not in this case.

Comment

Update

05/07/21 - Received from Cabot - We're passing your account to Ruthbridge Ltd[
                              05/07/21 - Received from Ruthbridge Ltd - We've been instructed by Cabot, please contact us to agree a payment plan

This account hasn't been paid or acknowledged for almost 10 years, so I'll file away their latest correspondence.

I can see that you sent Cabot the forum 'LBA' response template letter in 2016 and they haven't tried that again since.

If they were so confident that the debt/credit agreement was enforceable you'd think they would have issued a claim by now, and they haven't, so maybe they realise the debt is Statute Barred.

I agree with the others - just file that letter and see what happens next.

Di

Comment

Re: DNW's UE Diary

Hitachi Capital
                                Code:
                                Name - Hitachi Capital
                                Type of account - Loan
                                Date commenced - May 10
                                Approx balance - £800
                                Date last paid - Mar-11 
                                Arrangement/not paying - Not paying
                                Status - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                                Account owner - Cabot
                                Key:
                                Them
                                Me
                                Other

Activity
                                1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
                                2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
                                3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
                                4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
                                5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £800 (£247) within 14 days
                                6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
                                7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
                                8. 01/08/11 Payments cancelled
                                9. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                                10. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
                                11. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
                                12. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
                                13. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
                                14. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
                                15. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter
                                16. 08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice includes statement showing cashing of PO against my CCA request, however CCA still not yet received (ignored)
                                17. 08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"
                                18. 09/02/12 Sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute in response
                                19. 22/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "...Cabot purchased your debt and were unaware of any disputes with the OC... We have contacted Hitachi to obtain clarification and retrieve relevant documentation. Lack of this documentation does not affect the legality of the debt but merely renders it unenforceable until the agreement is produced. Cabot is not considering legal action at this time therefore your comments are not applicable in this instance. We recommend that you contact us to make payments. We endeavour to respond within 12 days. "(ignored)
                                20. 24/05/13 Received from Cabot - copy of CCA. (Sent to Niddy by email 20/06/13)
                                21. 23/06/13 - Niddy says (unsurprisingly)
                                22. 01/07/13 - Blagging it for now with CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                                23. 25/07/13 - Received from Cabot - they would like to assure me that a true copy was supplied, and ask which terms I believe were missing
                                24. 19/08/13 - Received from Cabot - They will move to next stage collections if they don't hear from me.
                                25. 29/08/13 - Sent Final Response - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received
                                26. 19/10/13 - Received from Cabot - You have not told us which terms you believe are missing... it is evident that you are delaying repayment even though you previously made payment which is evidence that you acknowledge responsibility for the account.
                                27. 30/12/13 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment
                                28. 07/01/14 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment, we are very flexible
                                29. 08/03/14 - Considered sending low final settlement offer, but didn't follow it up
                                30. 12/03/14 - Received from Cabot - You must contact us
                                31. 07/04/14 - Received from Cabot - Statement & Notice of Arrears
                                32. 28/04/14 - Received from Cabot - You've been ignoring us so we're referring your account to Marlin Financial Services
                                33. 03/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We are in the process of advising our client to take litigation action. It is our intention to instruct a solicitor to issue court proceedings to seek a CCJ.
                                34. 06/05/14 - Sent to Marlin - CCA request
                                35. 10/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We'll request a copy of your agreement and get back to you
                                36. 03/03/15 - Received from Marlin/Cabot - We've changed our name and note you're yet to agree a repayment plan. (Filed).
                                37. 09/07/15 - Received from Cabot - Here's a copy of your agreement now please agree a payment plan. (Filed).
                                38. 23/01/16 - Received from Cabot - We'd like to help you arrange a payment plan, please contact us. (Filed).
                                39. 04/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account showing no transactions March 14 - Feb 15. (Filed).
                                40. 04/02/16 - Received from Cabot - We've still not heard from you, please contact us to agree a repayment plan. (Filed).
                                41. 19/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Potential legal action, typical approach is to issue a clain and we might decide to do that.
                                42. 24/02/16 - Sent to Cabot - LBA
                                43. 05/03/16 - Received from Cabot - Here's you agreement and statement from July 15. The NOA will be sent separately. We're contacting the OC for for the default and termination notice and will suspend activity while we await this information. (Filed, no action necessary).
                                44. 30/06/16 - Received from Cabot - Here's a copy of your Default Notice. Please contact us to arrange payment. (Filed)
                                45. 20/08/16 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account (Filed)
                                46. 08/03/17 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account (Filed)
                                47. 23/08/18 - Received from Cabot - Welcome to Cabot, we've recently confirmed your address and want the payment process to be as easy as possible. Please contact us to agree a payment plan.(Filed)
                                48. 07/09/18 - Received from Cabot - Pay £80 to close your account(Filed)
                                49. 05/07/21 - Received from Cabot - We're passing your account to Ruthbridge Ltd(Filed)
                                50. 05/07/21 - Received from Ruthbridge Ltd - We've been instructed by Cabot, please contact us to agree a payment plan(Filed)
                                51. 12/07/21 - Received from Ruthbridge Ltd - We'd like to give you a discount, please contact us(Filed)

Update

12/07/21 - Received from Ruthbridge Ltd - We'd like to give you a discount, please contact us.

Much as I appreciate their offer, I shan't be replying to this as it's still as SB as it was when they wrote to me a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                                X