GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Keynes Collections can be buggers so I'd treat this as a Letter Before Action (even though you've had the same letter before) and send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...ction-response
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Pixie I'll get that sent off to them on Monday.

Comment

MKDP have already advised me that my "alleged" agreement with Barclaycard is UE, yet still referred it to Keynes! Yes they will take you round in circles.

Comment

Thanks Enforcer. I haven't had any dealings with MKDP or Keynes Collections personally.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Post moved to legal section.
            Last edited by DNW; 19 August 2014, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by DNW View Post
              Mint

Code:
              Name                     - Mint
              Type of account          - Credit Card
              Date commenced           - Dec 2003
              Approx balance           - £2,700
              Date last paid           - Mar-11    
              Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment
              Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 
              Account owner            - Lender/DCA?

Key:
              Them
              Me
              Other

Activity
              1. 13/04/2011 Received letter won't action as unsigned
              2. 18/05/2011 Notice of arrears
              3. 24/05/2011 Default Notice
              4. 20/06/2011 Account closed and will be passed to DCA
              5. 06/07/2011 Triton Credit Services now dealing with account
              6. 24/07/2011 My letter - request interest freeze and no change in circumstances - sent to Mint & Triton
              7. 21/07/2011 Letter from Mint asking me to complete new Financial Statement
              8. 01/08/2011 Acknowledge my complaint re interest, unable to action due to lack of signature
              9. 17/08/2011 CCA Request sent
              10. 03/09/2011 Letter received - they are disappointed that I didn't reply to their previous letter (I assume their request for signature) and that I haven't attempted to increase my payments. They are prepared to assist me but only when they have my full co-operation
              11. 13/09/11 CCA received which has been uploaded for Niddys perusal
              12. Niddy says
              13. 11/10/11 Letter sent to Mint - online account access has been blocked, send me paper statements or I will not continue with token payments
              14. 28/10/11 No acknowledgement to my letter, but paper statement received
              15. 03/11/11 Letter from Mint - they are suspending interest and charges (temporarily)
              16. 23/04/12 Letter from Mint - Asking for a payment review
              17. 04/05/12 Sent a letter telling them we're currently seeking help from an advisor and will continue with £1 payments in the meantime.
              18. 25/05/12 Letter from Mint - Asking for offer of repayment, telephone contact details and reason for financial difficulties.
              19. 22/06/12 - Sent copy of Cashflow financial statement and covering letter of pro rata payment offer (payments to remain at token £1 until they've agreed to accept the offer).
              20. 28/07/12 Letter from Mint - accepting revised payment offer for 12 months and no collection activity or interest applied so long as £8 monthly is paid.
              21. 24/06/13 - Received from Mint - Letter asking me to contact them to review payments as previous arrangement has been in place for 12 months. (filed)

Update

1. 31/10/14 - Received from Mint - Letter asking me to contact them to review payments as previous arrangement has been in place for 12 months.

I'm going to file this for now. If they'd like to push for a review they'll find out that my payments will decrease rather than increase due to cost of living going up, and wages being frozen for a few years.

Comment

good plan, what chancers they are

Comment

Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Shhh I'm keeping a low profile in the hope that the DCA's don't notice me hiding over here in the corner! Thank you for asking though SnV

I've got one going through court at the moment so have been slightly more active elsewhere on the forum of late, but all quiet apart from that. A long way to go yet so I've not lost the dread of picking the post up off the doormat each day, but in general things aren't too bad. I could never have imagined saying that 3 years ago when I first came here

Comment

Hello all, just stopping by to say hi and I hope everyone is keeping well and has a stress-free and Happy New Year

I don't want to jinx things by posting, but all is still relatively quiet considering we've still got 10 'live' creditors with quite possibly enforceable agreements. I've been getting regular phone calls (unanswered so lots of voicemails left) from Cabot, I think I know which account it is for and if I'm right then it's a pretty small one in the overall scheme of things, so will be expecting them to start writing to me again soon.

Comment

Hi DNW, thanks for the update and I hope everything stays quiet for you.

Comment

Hello all, just stopping by to say hi and I hope everyone is keeping well and has a stress-free and Happy New Year

I don't want to jinx things by posting, but all is still relatively quiet considering we've still got 10 'live' creditors with quite possibly enforceable agreements. I've been getting regular phone calls (unanswered so lots of voicemails left) from Cabot, I think I know which account it is for and if I'm right then it's a pretty small one in the overall scheme of things, so will be expecting them to start writing to me again soon.
                          Thanks DNW!

Glad to hear that things have not been too 'active'. Long may it continue!
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hitachi Capital
                            Code:
                            Name                     - Hitachi Capital
                            Type of account          - Loan
                            Date commenced           - May 10
                            Approx balance           - £800
                            Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                            Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                            Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                            Account owner            - Cabot

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
                            2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
                            3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
                            4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
                            5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £800 (£247) within 14 days
                            6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
                            7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
                            8. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                            9. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
                            10. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
                            11. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
                            12. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
                            13. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
                            14. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter
                            15. 08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice includes statement showing cashing of PO against my CCA request, however CCA still not yet received (ignored)
                            16. 08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"
                            17. 09/02/12 Sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute in response
                            18. 22/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "...Cabot purchased your debt and were unaware of any disputes with the OC... We have contacted Hitachi to obtain clarification and retrieve relevant documentation. Lack of this documentation does not affect the legality of the debt but merely renders it unenforceable until the agreement is produced. Cabot is not considering legal action at this time therefore your comments are not applicable in this instance. We recommend that you contact us to make payments. We endeavour to respond within 12 days. "(ignored)
                            19. 24/05/13 Received from Cabot - copy of CCA. (Sent to Niddy by email 20/06/13)
                            20. 23/06/13 - Niddy says (unsurprisingly)
                            21. 01/07/13 - Blagging it for now with CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                            22. 25/07/13 - Received from Cabot - they would like to assure me that a true copy was supplied, and ask which terms I believe were missing
                            23. 19/08/13 - Received from Cabot - They will move to next stage collections if they don't hear from me.
                            24. 29/08/13 - Sent Final Response - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received
                            25. 19/10/13 - Received from Cabot - You have not told us which terms you believe are missing... it is evident that you are delaying repayment even though you previously made payment which is evidence that you acknowledge responsibility for the account.
                            26. 30/12/13 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment
                            27. 07/01/14 - Received from Cabot - Please contact us to discuss payment, we are very flexib
                            28. 08/03/14 - Considered sending low final settlement offer, but didn't follow it up
                            29. 12/03/14 - Received from Cabot - You must contact us
                            30. 07/04/14 - Received from Cabot - Statement & Notice of Arrears
                            31. 28/04/14 - Received from Cabot - You've been ignoring us so we're referring your account to Marlin Financial Services
                            32. 03/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We are in the process of advising our client to take litigation action. It is our intention to instruct a solicitor to issue court proceedings to seek a CCJ.
                            33. 06/05/14 - Sent to Marlin - CCA request
                            34. 10/05/14 - Received from Marlin - We'll request a copy of your agreement and get back to you
                            35. 03/03/15 - Received from Marlin/Cabot - We've changed our name and note you're yet to agree a repayment plan. (Filed).
                            36. 09/07/15 - Received from Cabot - Here's a copy of your agreement now please agree a payment plan. (Filed).
                            37. 23/01/16 - Received from Cabot - We'd like to help you arrange a payment plan, please contact us. (Filed).
                            38. 04/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Statement of account showing no transactions March 14 - Feb 15. (Filed).
                            39. 04/02/16 - Received from Cabot - We've still not heard from you, please contact us to agree a repayment plan. (Filed).

UPDATE

19/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Potential legal action, typical approach is to issue a clain and we might decide to do that.

Hi all, Cabot are like an annoying wasp at the moment with their regular daily (unanswered) phone calls. I've not responded to them in almost two years but now they're getting a little more regular in their contact, is it time to send a response of some kind to distract them again for a while?

Comment

UPDATE

19/02/16 - Received from Cabot - Potential legal action, typical approach is to issue a clain and we might decide to do that.

Hi all, Cabot are like an annoying wasp at the moment with their regular daily (unanswered) phone calls. I've not responded to them in almost two years but now they're getting a little more regular in their contact, is it time to send a response of some kind to distract them again for a while?
                              Send them the LBA Template as shown here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Nids, is it a little early to send the LBA as the letter I've received is only from Cabot and not a solicitor? Going from the info on your link, I read it that Option 2 is the closest to my situation so should I maybe send another CCA request? My last request was made in May 14 and they responded with CCA in July 15.

Comment

Working...
                                X