GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
    Natwest Overdraft

Code:
    Name                     - Natwest
    Type of account          - Overdraft
    Date commenced           - Oct 2000
    Approx balance           - £2,200
    Date last paid           - Mar-11    
    Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
    Status                   - In Arrears 
    Account owner            - Lender

Key:
    Them
    Me
    Other

Activity
    1. [snip]
    2. 21/02/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
    3. 07/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - Acknowledge we have raised a query on the account and will suspend all collection activity while the matter is being investigated. (filed)
    4. 08/03/12 - Token Payments ceased (as had resumed in error pending CCA type request)
    5. 09/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Acknowledge receipt of SAR but can't proceed without signed authority
    6. 13/03/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Creditor Refusal of SAR
    7. 21/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Thanks for your recent letter, unfortunately you haven't signed it and we therefore can't action its contents without being to verify your identity. Please sign and return the enclosed pro-forma.
    8. 23/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are to refund the one interest charge added since 14th Jan (date of formal demand), however the default charge will remain in place.... We believe this resolves the dispute and look forward to your payment.
    9. 30/03/12 - Sent to Natwest: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Signature Request by Creditor/DCA
    10. 30/03/12 - Sent to Westcot: Part 1: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Overdrafts - CCA Information
    11. 12/04/12 - Received from Natwest - "As you don't want to sign the request, we can send the requested details to a nominated branch for you to collect - evidence of your identity will be required upon collection".
    12. 24/04/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter informing them of the branch we wished to collect SAR from
    13. 15/08/12 - Rec'd from Natwest - As we've been unable to contact you, your details have been passed to Allied International Credit - and queries should now be passed to them.
    14. 15/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - PLease contact us to discuss payment options
    15. 19/10/12 - Sent to Allied (Part 2 of) Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS
    16. 27/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - Please send us £1 for a copy agreement or £10 for copy statements
    17. 08/11/12 - Sent letter of complaint re ignoring SAR to CEO (see post for wording allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary)
    18. 17/11/12 - Rec'd from RBS Group Exec Office - Acknowledge my letter as above and will investigate as a matter of urgency.(Filed)

UPDATE

26/11/12 - Rec'd from Natwest - letter full of apologies for not yet responding to SAR, they are still in the process of compiling and once exhausted will send it all through. They've also returned the (now out of date) postal order and are waiving the fee

Question is, should I keep and file this PO for any reason or should I get it refunded via the Post Office? Will it be of any relevance at any future point if Natwest take any action?

Comment

Question is, should I keep and file this PO for any reason or should I get it refunded via the Post Office? Will it be of any relevance at any future point if Natwest take any action?
      I wouldn't think there would be any reason to keep the PO. You have proof, in the form of GnatPest's letter, that they waived the fee of their own volition and that the SAR is therefore a valid one.

If you wanted to be really safe, you could take a scan of it before handing it over. I don't see any reason to waste £10.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH

Good idea about the scan, I'll do that and then find out how I go about getting it refunded.

Comment

Glad your SAR is now moving forward.

Comment

Thanks, I'm happy that it's delayed things again for a little while

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:
              Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
              Type of account          - Credit Card
              Date commenced           - Feb 2006
              Approx balance           - £2000
              Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 
              Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
              Them
              Me
              Other

Activity
              1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
              2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
              3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
              4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
              5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
              6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
              7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
              8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
              9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
              10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
              11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
              12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
              13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
              14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
              15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
              16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
              17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
              18. 07/12/11 Letter from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment
              19. 19/12/11 - Received letter from Barclaycard - your account has now been passed to RMA to manage (ignored)
              20. 23/12/11 - Received from RMA - We are now dealing with your account (ignored)
              21. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
              22. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity(ignored)
              23. 20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)
              24. 21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them
              25. 23/01/12 - Sent in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
              26. 31/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - Notice of potential doorstep recovery.. we intend to forward your account to Scotcall Ltd (ignored as it was dated 24/01/12 and crossed with my letter of 31/01/12)
              27. 31/03/12 - Received letter from Barclaycard - We've now passed your account to Apex to manage. (Filed awaiting further contact)
              28. 04/04/12 - Received from Apex - ....unable to contact you and this is potentially your last opportunity to arrange payment before further action considered.
              29. 04/04/12 - Sent to Apex - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
              30. 22/09/12 - Received from Barclaycard - Notice of Assignment to MKDP LLP (Filed awaiting contact from MKDP)
              31. 16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.
              32. 19/10/12 - Sent to MKRR - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
              33. 24/10/12 - Received from MKRR - Final Notice... we are instructing pre-litigation dept and they may commence proceedings against you.(Filed as I think it had crossed with my letter of 19/10/12)

UPDATE

[*]14/12/12 - Received from MKRR - They're liasing with my original creditor to fulfil my request for documents

I will file this and await further contact.

Comment

MBNA

Code:
                Name                     - MBNA
                Date commenced           - Dec 2006
                Approx balance           - £8,700
                Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment

Key:
                Them
                Me
                Other

Activity
                1. 27/04/11 Missed payment reminder
                2. 29/04/11 Card cancelled
                3. 11/05/11 Notice of arrears
                4. 31/05/11 Payment reminder
                5. 16/06/11 Card cancelled
                6. 30/06/11 Accepted I&E shortfall, will write again with a repayment plan
                7. 13/07/11 Notice of arrears
                8. 24/07/11 My letter - request interest freeze and no change in circumstances.
                9. 15/07/11 (crossed with my letter) Accept £1, zero interest & charges
                11. 03/09/11 CCA received and sent to Niddy
                12. 03/09/11
                13. 06/09/11 Received - DN
                14. 16/11/11 Received - Account Terminated letter - Various recovery options they may consider: Sale of debt, Placement of debt, Litigation... I will be informed of any further action
                15. 10/07/12 - Token payments cancelled to see what action they take

Afternoon everyone I hope you've all had a lovely free Christmas

UPDATE

20/12/12 Received from MBNA - We've sold your account to Arrow Global
                20/12/12 Received from Arrow (in same envelope as MBNA letter) - Notice of Assignment, your account is being managed by Wescot - please contact them to arrange payment.

Should I send the sold in dispute template or wait until Wescot contact me?

Comment

Afternoon everyone I hope you've all had a lovely free Christmas

UPDATE

20/12/12 Received from MBNA - We've sold your account to Arrow Global
                  20/12/12 Received from Arrow (in same envelope as MBNA letter) - Notice of Assignment, your account is being managed by Wescot - please contact them to arrange payment.

Should I send the sold in dispute template or wait until Wescot contact me?
                  If it were me I would wait until Wescot contact you then send sold in dispute letter......
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard1

Code:
                    Name                     - Barclaycard Plat Visa
                    Date commenced           - Sept 2004
                    Approx balance           - £3,200
                    Date last paid           - Mar-11 (full) Aug-11 (token)   
                    Status                   - In Arrears  (DN rec'd 03/09)

Key:
                    Them
                    Me
                    Other

Activity
                    1. 18/04/11 Acknowledge receipt of I&E, refuse to reduce or stop charges
                    2. 27/04/11 Request for payment
                    3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
                    4. 01/06/11 Reminder of overdue payment and informed it will be passed to Mercers to send default notice.
                    5. 30/06/11 Mercers - accept £1 payments, to be reviewed in 2 months. No interest or charges to be applied while making token payments.
                    6. 24/07/11 I wrote and requested refund interest & charges (sent to Barclays & Mercers)
                    7. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
                    8. 03/09/11 DN Received from Mercers
                    9. 05/09/11 Acknowledged CCA request - they're looking for it and will get back to me
                    10. 13/09/11 Letter rec'd from Mercers - 48 hours notice (letter dated 06/09/11), I have ignored their demands for payment so they are now passing my account to a local firm who may send a rep to visit me (ignored)
                    11. 29/09/11 Covering letter for Recon CCA enclosed - but no encs in envelope
                    12. 29/09/11 Letter received - Calders - 7 day notice (ignored)
                    13. 17/10/11 Current T&C received
                    14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Calders - Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                    15. 04/11/11 Letter received - Formal Demand for Payment (full balance) - until paid, no statements will be sent. If not paid by 08/11/11, debt collectors may call or you may be taken to court. We will set off any funds available to us.
                    16. 09/11/11 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received)[/COLOR]
                    17. 15/11/11 - Received from Barclays - They feel they have fulfilled their obligations and complied with my s.78 request..... Re section 61, they point to paragraph 230 Carey vs HSBC, and say "It's insufficient.. to point to the absence of a signed, or a proper s78 copy as a foundation for a plea of an improperly executed agreement... They believe my credit agreement to be fully compliant and will oppose allegations that it isn't..... With regards to the OFT, they do not hold my account to be in dispute..... Attached was a copy of my CCA
                    18. 28/11/11 Niddy says
                    19. 06/12/11 - Received a letter from Barclaycard notifying me this has now been assigned to MKDP LLP (ignored - waiting to hear from MKDP)

20. 09/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - "Further to our recent communication (no comms received prior to this from MK RR) we have not received your offer of payment... We want to help and are able to offer installments to clear the balance... We will continue to contact you to resolve this."
                    21. 12/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                    22. 19/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - Thanks for writing, at this time we are unable to resolve your query and we'll liaise with OC and re contact you in due course.(filed)
                    23. 22/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - As you've not taken up our offer of help, as a legal requirement we must inform you we're instructing our pre-litigation team to review your account.... They may commence litigation... It's not too late to resolve this.
                    24. 30/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                    25. 14/04/12 - Received from MKRR - We've requested a copy of the documents from BC and this will be forwarded to you in due course. (filed)
                    26. 04/05/12 - Received from MKRR - Further to your letter, please find copy statement as requested. Please contact us to discuss repayment. Enclosed were copies of all statements on this account dating back to its inception in 2006. (filed)
                    27. 09/11/12 - Received from MKDP - They are liasing with BC to try and resolve my query and reasure me that they take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner...(filed)

UPDATE

Hello all

28/01/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA and another very interesting document which I'm sure was sent in error...

I've posted the CCA and the other document in the secure area and will await Niddy's comments :niddy

Comment

Can't wait to see what they sent.

Comment

MBNA

Code:
                        Name                     - MBNA
                        Date commenced           - Dec 2006
                        Approx balance           - £8,700
                        Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment

Key:
                        Them
                        Me
                        Other

Activity
                        1. 27/04/11 Missed payment reminder
                        2. 29/04/11 Card cancelled
                        3. 11/05/11 Notice of arrears
                        4. 31/05/11 Payment reminder
                        5. 16/06/11 Card cancelled
                        6. 30/06/11 Accepted I&E shortfall, will write again with a repayment plan
                        7. 13/07/11 Notice of arrears
                        8. 24/07/11 My letter - request interest freeze and no change in circumstances.
                        9. 15/07/11 (crossed with my letter) Accept £1, zero interest & charges
                        11. 03/09/11 CCA received and sent to Niddy
                        12. 03/09/11
                        13. 06/09/11 Received - DN
                        14. 16/11/11 Received - Account Terminated letter - Various recovery options they may consider: Sale of debt, Placement of debt, Litigation... I will be informed of any further action
                        15. 10/07/12 - Token payments cancelled to see what action they take
                        16. 20/12/12 Received from MBNA - We've sold your account to Arrow Global
                        17. 20/12/12 Received from Arrow (in same envelope as MBNA letter) - Notice of Assignment, your account is being managed by Wescot - please contact them to arrange payment. (Filed - await Wescot contact)

UPDATE

30/01/13 Received from Wescot - To avoid further action you must a) Pay the debt in full or b) contact us

Obviously I'm not going to choose option A so I guess I'll be writing to them - this was checked by Niddy and deemed but should I send: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Also, rather annoyingly, they seem to have got hold of my unlisted home phone number which has only ever been given out to 3 family members - so far I've only received one recorded message on there but I'm curious as to how they would've got the number as if they've got it, no doubt others will follow

Comment

UPDATE

30/01/13 Received from Wescot - To avoid further action you must a) Pay the debt in full or b) contact us

Obviously I'm not going to choose option A so I guess I'll be writing to them - this was checked by Niddy and deemed but should I send: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Also, rather annoyingly, they seem to have got hold of my unlisted home phone number which has only ever been given out to 3 family members - so far I've only received one recorded message on there but I'm curious as to how they would've got the number as if they've got it, no doubt others will follow
                          That's what I would do.......
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

UPDATE

Hello all

28/01/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA and another very interesting document which I'm sure was sent in error...

I've posted the CCA and the other document in the secure area and will await Niddy's comments :niddy

(Posting this for my own record keeping) I'm ignoring the 'extra' document for now and sending Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms to MKDP.

Comment

Barclaycard1

Code:
                              Name                     - Barclaycard Plat Visa
                              Date commenced           - Sept 2004
                              Approx balance           - £3,200
                              Date last paid           - Mar-11 (full) Aug-11 (token)   
                              Status                   - In Arrears  (DN rec'd 03/09)

Key:
                              Them
                              Me
                              Other

Activity
                              1. 18/04/11 Acknowledge receipt of I&E, refuse to reduce or stop charges
                              2. 27/04/11 Request for payment
                              3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
                              4. 01/06/11 Reminder of overdue payment and informed it will be passed to Mercers to send default notice.
                              5. 30/06/11 Mercers - accept £1 payments, to be reviewed in 2 months. No interest or charges to be applied while making token payments.
                              6. 24/07/11 I wrote and requested refund interest & charges (sent to Barclays & Mercers)
                              7. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
                              8. 03/09/11 DN Received from Mercers
                              9. 05/09/11 Acknowledged CCA request - they're looking for it and will get back to me
                              10. 13/09/11 Letter rec'd from Mercers - 48 hours notice (letter dated 06/09/11), I have ignored their demands for payment so they are now passing my account to a local firm who may send a rep to visit me (ignored)
                              11. 29/09/11 Covering letter for Recon CCA enclosed - but no encs in envelope
                              12. 29/09/11 Letter received - Calders - 7 day notice (ignored)
                              13. 17/10/11 Current T&C received
                              14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Calders - Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                              15. 04/11/11 Letter received - Formal Demand for Payment (full balance) - until paid, no statements will be sent. If not paid by 08/11/11, debt collectors may call or you may be taken to court. We will set off any funds available to us.
                              16. 09/11/11 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received)[/COLOR]
                              17. 15/11/11 - Received from Barclays - They feel they have fulfilled their obligations and complied with my s.78 request..... Re section 61, they point to paragraph 230 Carey vs HSBC, and say "It's insufficient.. to point to the absence of a signed, or a proper s78 copy as a foundation for a plea of an improperly executed agreement... They believe my credit agreement to be fully compliant and will oppose allegations that it isn't..... With regards to the OFT, they do not hold my account to be in dispute..... Attached was a copy of my CCA
                              18. 28/11/11 Niddy says
                              19. 06/12/11 - Received a letter from Barclaycard notifying me this has now been assigned to MKDP LLP (ignored - waiting to hear from MKDP)

20. 09/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - "Further to our recent communication (no comms received prior to this from MK RR) we have not received your offer of payment... We want to help and are able to offer installments to clear the balance... We will continue to contact you to resolve this."
                              21. 12/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                              22. 19/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - Thanks for writing, at this time we are unable to resolve your query and we'll liaise with OC and re contact you in due course.(filed)
                              23. 22/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - As you've not taken up our offer of help, as a legal requirement we must inform you we're instructing our pre-litigation team to review your account.... They may commence litigation... It's not too late to resolve this.
                              24. 30/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                              25. 14/04/12 - Received from MKRR - We've requested a copy of the documents from BC and this will be forwarded to you in due course. (filed)
                              26. 04/05/12 - Received from MKRR - Further to your letter, please find copy statement as requested. Please contact us to discuss repayment. Enclosed were copies of all statements on this account dating back to its inception in 2006. (filed)
                              27. 09/11/12 - Received from MKDP - They are liasing with BC to try and resolve my query and reasure me that they take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner...(filed)
                              28. 28/01/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA and another document which I don't believe was meant for me...
                              29. 01/02/13 - Sent to MKDP - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

UPDATE

15/02/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response we have fulfilled all obligations and will continue collection activities. They've also enclosed a newly found CCA which I'm not liking the look of.

I've uploaded the CCA uploaded to secure section and am awaiting Niddy's comments.

Comment

UPDATE

15/02/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response we have fulfilled all obligations and will continue collection activities. They've also enclosed a newly found CCA which I'm not liking the look of.

I've uploaded the CCA uploaded to secure section and am awaiting Niddy's comments.

Niddy say's it's still and suggested sending 'missing PT' template but I've just realised I sent them that on 1st Feb - should I send the same letter again or is there another I should send instead? Basically, all the PT I've received so far have been different...

Comment

Working...
                                X