GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sebaab's diary

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    mine was a letter of facility obviously time has changed method
    Unless it was like in the 80's then you'll be fine. It's still a form of credit - whether they issued correct paperwork or not is a totally separate issue. What matters is did they issue what they should have issued and were you fully aware of cost implications / interest / repayments / default sums etc - which all count as well.

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    so here we go I have just got myself an overdraft with my new Bank = see what your up date means all done easy no questions but what about earlier overdrafts people with the old account had - before CCA1974 on them? did they get asked to sign CCA1974 I know I did not on an old account! better CCA1974 all round safeguards both sides!
    So are you talking lloyds? If not, who was the bank? Lloyds for instance, on page 2 (outgoings / income) - just above the "enter your password to proceed" button has a few links - the contract. It refers to the CCA throughout. You are meant to open & read it then tick the box -> then enter password -> then apply.

In the old days (ie 10+ years ago) it was similar - not the tick in the box as much but if you applied in branch you'd still sign an agreement. Whether the bank staff made you read it was a totally different point - it was still under the CCA as a regulated product.

As your recent overdraft is post 04/2007 and utilises tick-in-the-box signature, you'll find this is 100% enforceable no matter.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yes that lloyds one in fact a box appeared at the bottom with my usual data (password) , then I received info to read once they agreed and ticked it,.. times change

the long time old account was HSBC (Midland), Nationwide I did not bother applying for an overdraft facility , then changed lloyds.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No there's a link with an agreement / rates / charges etc mate. I'll get a screenprint now.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5999.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1411720 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6001.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1411722 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6002.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1411724 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6003.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1411726

Comment

You see all that before you enter password. That's the contract mate. As such it's regulated. As it's regulated the CCA applies.

Comment

ah! that was it.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
                Hi Pixie, my line of thinking is to let sleeping dogs lie for the time being. They are not giving me any pressure at the mo. Unless you guys suggest otherwise of course

The debt:
                Debt 3
                Type: Bank Overdraft (Natwest)
                Start Date: 1991 (opened account)
                Balance: 2.7k
                Last full Payment (interest payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
                Paying by: arrangement
                Account Owner: Wescot Credit Services
                Key:
                sent
                received
                other information

Start of Diary:
                11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
                24 Dec from Wescot "contact us directly to discuss your situation"
                I hadn't read back so I understand now. Let us know when you hear from them again.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Debt 4
                  Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard)
                  Start Date: 2008
                  Balance: 5.2k
                  Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
                  Paying by: not paying
                  Account Owner: PRA Group UK
                  Key:
                  sent
                  received
                  other information

Start of Diary:
                  20 Jan 2017 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"
                  8 Feb 2017 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.
                  Feb 2017 CCA request sent to PRA Group
                  Update Feb '17 Letter from PRA Group "Dear Mr (Incorrect Surname!)", "I've requested the required information. Until this is received I have placed your account on hold", "I will contact you as soon as possible"

Update today from PRA trying to find my docs. Couldn't even get my name right!
                  Last edited by sebaab; 16 February 2017, 13:22.

Comment

Debt 1

Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard) (Formerly Egg Card)
                    Start Date: 1999
                    Balance: 4.5k
                    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
                    Account Owner: Link Financial Outsourcing
                    Key:
                    sent
                    received
                    other information

Start of Diary:
                    21 Oct 2016 from Asset Link Capital "we have assigned Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd to service your account. Please continue with your regular payments"
                    Feb 2017 CCA request sent
                    Update Feb '17 Letter from Link Financial "You've requested documents under section 77/88", "We purchased your debt from Barclaycard in Sept 2016", "We've requested the documents", "Can take up to 30 days"
                    Update: letter from Link saying they've requested documents.

Comment

Couldn't even get my name right!
                      that cold be the reason they cannot find the documents
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Hopefully that'll be the case Susie

Comment

Debt 5
                          Type: Credit Card (M&S)
                          Start Date: 2006
                          Balance: 2k
                          Account Owner: M&S
                          Key:
                          sent
                          received
                          other information

Start of Diary:
                          4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
                          5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
                          8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
                          24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
                          8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"

Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"

New letter today from Moorcroft. They've asked M&S for the CCA docs

Comment

Debt 7
                            Type: Credit Card (RBS)
                            Start Date: 2010
                            Balance: 1.2k
                            Key:
                            sent
                            received
                            other information

Start of Diary:
                            24 Dec 2016 from Wescot Credit Services Ltd "contact us directly to discuss your situation"

Feb 2017 letter from Wescot "Following your recent request for a copy of the signed agreement , our client has requested you write to the following address and state in your covering letter that this is section 77/78 request and enclose a £1.00 postal order or cheque payable to our client (******address of client here*****), trusting the above clarifies the situation"
                            Letter today from Wescot with the above ^^^^ like they don't deal with CCA requests?!

Comment

Debt 6
                              Type: Credit Card (Santander)
                              Start Date: 2006
                              Balance: 2.3k
                              Account Owner: (Was SCL Collections) Now Santander
                              Key:
                              sent
                              received
                              other information

Start of Diary:
                              23 Dec 2106 from Santander "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
                              10 Jan 2017 from Santander "Please make a payment", "We may be charging you fees for missing payments"
                              23 Jan 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums"
                              31 Jan 2017 from Santander "Please call us urgently"
                              7 Feb 2017 "We need you to repay the outstanding overdue amount", "if you don't you will need to pay the whole outstanding balance instead of just the arrears"
                              Feb 2017 Letter From Santander "As you have not made a payment to clear the arrears, we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
                              22 Feb 2017 Checked Royal Mail and CCA Request Letter hasn't been delivered yet (Posted 1st class signed for on 10th Feb)
                              Update: Received letter today asking for full payment of outstanding balance. Strange because I sent a CCA request on the 10th Feb. However, looking on Royal Mail site it hasn't been delivered yet so will wait a few days and send another if still no joy. Good job it wasn't urgent!!!!

Comment

Debt 8
                                Type: Credit Card (Natwest)
                                Start Date: 2010
                                Balance: 3k
                                Key:
                                sent
                                received
                                other information

Start of Diary:

24 Dec 2016 from Wescot Credit Services Ltd "contact us directly to discuss your situation"
                                Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Wescot
                                Feb 2017 letter from Wescot "Following your recent request for a copy of the signed agreement , our client has requested you write to the following address and state in your covering letter that this is section 77/78 request and enclose a £1.00 postal order or cheque payable to our client (******address of client here*****), trusting the above clarifies the situation"
                                Update received today from Wescot saying send CCA request to Natwest!!

Comment

Working...
                                X